usulsuspct is offline New Member

Newbie - Looking for General Ideas

I am an AR newbie (hence my first post ya!). For starters I guess I will provide a little background. I am 27 years old, 6' 2" roughly 250 lbs, and have been working out pretty seriously for just over 2 years now. I started working out to basically lose weight (I started at roughly 300 lbs.). It didnt take long until I was hooked with working out.

Recently I have hit a plateau with gains at the gym. I have tried changing my splits and excersises with no gain. I am interested in gaining some mass but would like to limit potential side effects.

I have been doing some research on this site and have some concerns over stacks and the potential benefits and side-effects. I guess at this point I am not sure if this is the right thing for me. Are there any mild stacks or possible alternatives from the heavy duty gear?

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Test E @ 500mgs wk1-12.Great beginner cycle.

Tygh is offline Associate Member
    Before you start gear, how is your diet and cardio routine? They will make a dramatic difference with or without juicing.

Once you have that in order, a conservative test-only cycle would do wonders for you. Listen to Da Bull on that one.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull

Also what i would suggest.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Agreed. Sounds like your ready for it. If you take your nolva, ldex, you shouldn't notice any sides.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    All AS will have sides......... But for the most part most of the sides aren't that bad and if you take precautions you can minimize or even prevent the sides.

For a first cycle you should run a test only cycle....... Either Cyp or Enan for 10 to 12 weeks. You will also want to use anti-e's..... The ones I like to use are Nolva and L-dex (armeridex) sp?............ Then there's PCT..... her you will want to use clomid at minimum and I would suggest adding both Nolva and L-dex durring that period as well. So if I were you I would do some research on what I have just wrote.

No one can say if this is right or wrong for you......... you have to weigh everything out yourself and make the choice of using AS or not....... Like I said the sides are not that bad and I do not regreat at all using AS.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like your ready Bro - the above Bros listed the perfect first cycle - research PCT and when you are ready to go - post your cycle and the Bros will help you fine tune it

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I will reseve my final decision on whether ot not to take the leap until I do some more research. In response to one of the earlier posts my cardio is relatively light in that it is 20 minutes on the bike 3x per week (roughly 200 cal.). My diet is relatively good...since my initial goal was to lose weight I dropped the garbage out. Typical daily intake is as follows:

breakfast:
    protein shake / vitamins

mid-morning:
    protein bar

lunch:
    raw broccolli
    carrots
    sandwhich (either tuna / cold cuts)
    apple

mid-afternoon:
    orange
    protein bar
    sandwhich (generally peanut butter)

workout

post workout protein shake
    light dinner / chiken breast / eggs

Again...thanks for the input.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by usulsuspct
    Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I will reseve my final decision on whether ot not to take the leap until I do some more research. In response to one of the earlier posts my cardio is relatively light in that it is 20 minutes on the bike 3x per week (roughly 200 cal.). My diet is relatively good...since my initial goal was to lose weight I dropped the garbage out. Typical daily intake is as follows:

breakfast:
    protein shake / vitamins

mid-morning:
    protein bar

lunch:
    raw broccolli
    carrots
    sandwhich (either tuna / cold cuts)
    apple

mid-afternoon:
    orange
    protein bar
    sandwhich (generally peanut butter)

workout

post workout protein shake
    light dinner / chiken breast / eggs

Again...thanks for the input.
    Get rid of those protein bars/shakes and add real food and you will be able to add weight. You shoul hang around the diet forum also to get some ideas on diets.

Point taken on the protein bars....it can be difficult to find time to get foods in at work. I will check out the diet topics to see some alternatives. The protein bars seem to be a quick and easy way to keep "food" coming in, but I am willing to give anything a try.

Whats a good calorie level to sustain during a testing cycle (again 6'2'' 250lbs)?

palequail is offline Banned
    Eat some more solid food like Mud said......shakes are bars aren't very helpful....eat lots of chicken breast, egg whites.....clean stuff.......I'd do more cardio too......get on the stairs for 30 mins.......start pushing yourself....then you will see more results.

The cardio has been a question of mine for awhile now. I had been doing cardio during every workout for 20-30 minutes. I was getting advice however that mixing cardio with lifting was a detriment to the muscle gains. Therefore I scaled back on the cardio as I can only realalistically get to the gym 5 days a week, which allows my to get my splits in.

Is there truth in the mindset that cardio may have negative effect on muscle gains?

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    bro as lomg as you arent doing a marathon everyday for cardio it wont hinder muscle gains. I do cardio 3 times a week 30-35min. I also weigh 270+. Take thatfor what its worth.

Also like Mud said. Eat more solid foods throughout the day. Save the protein shakes and bars for post workout.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Creative username

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Creative username
    no ****

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Creative username
    hahahah....complete coincidence I assure you. I have been using this screen name for years...

SoCalMuscle is offline New Member
    Check out this thread. Very helpful for Newbies like us.
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=70741

Thread Information