scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member

tribulus tererris as part of pct?

i was reading an article about using tribulus as part of pct along with clomid... is it actually work using or is that just bull s**t?

ST54

Da Bull is offline Banned
    It's not BS for me.I use 4 grams ed throughout the year.I just came off a very lengthy cycle and was up and running real quick.I know several other bros who use it with great success as well.

I will run Trib year round for the rest of my life - Great 'lil plant, I think my Wife will concur
    TSW

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    It's not BS for me.I use 4 grams ed throughout the year.I just came off a very lengthy cycle and was up and running real quick.I know several other bros who use it with great success as well.
    DB is right Bro - plumps my boys right up - use it during cycle and bump up dose during PCT

so how long should i use it after my cycle and at how many grams or mg per day?

DESCRIPTION:

Tribulus, also known as caltrop and puncture vine, is a natural product isolated from the aerial parts of the plant Tribulus terrestris.

Tribulus was traditionally used by the Greeks as a diuretic, mild laxative, and general tonic. In India, Tribulus is widely recommended in Ayurvedic rejuvenative formulas, particularly in the treatment of sexual dysfunction. In China, Tribulus has been a frequent component of therapy for a variety of disorders affecting the liver, kidneys, and urinary tract. For all its therapeutic and adaptogenic effects, the most common cross-cultural use of Tribulus has been in the treatment of infertility in women, impotence in men, and for increasing the libido of both sexes.

Recently, the fitness enhancing benefits of Tribulus have been brought to the attention of the athletic and body building industries as a result of its use by Eastern European Olympic and World Champion strength and power athletes.

PHYSIOLOGY:

Tribulus terrestris is rich in plant sterols, saponins, flavonoids, alkaloids, unsaturated acids, oils, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and protein. The active components are sterol saponins of furostanol type. The preparation is standardized on the base of the predominating compound protodioscin- not less than 40%.

The effects of Tribulus are the following:

Men: Restores and improves libido sexualis, improves and prolongs the duration of erection. It exerts a stimulating effect on spermatogenesis by increasing the number of spermatozoa and their mobility. It increases the level of testosterone by 33%.

Women: Restores and improves libido sexualis and exerts a slight ovulation effect. It has a favorable influence on vasomotory manifestation during natural menopausal and induced menopausal syndrome, as well as on subjective complaints such as insomnia, general tenseness, irritability, or apathy.

Tribulus also helps reduce cholesterol, lowers high blood pressure, inhibits stress-induced clumping of blood platelets, increases the strength of contraction of the heart muscle, reduces sodium and fluid retention, acts as an anti-urolithiatic (urinary/kidney stone preventing) and litholytic (dissolving), improvement of the profile of red and white blood cells, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti- inflammatory, and analgesic effects.

INDICATIONS:

The suggested use is as follows:

Men: Indicated for impotentic coeundi in Kleinfelter’s Syndrome, varicocele, cryptochism, testicular hypertrophy, and Noonan’s Syndrome. Tribulus is also indicated for sterility based on idiopathic oligoasthenazoospermia sterility and idiopathic azoospermia.

Women: Indicated for endocrinous ovarian sterility, menopausal and induced menopausal syndrome with expressed vasomotory and neurasthenic manifestations. Production of follicle- stimulating hormone and estradiol are increased to stimulate reproduction function.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:

Dosage and duration of treatment are determined according to the character and the gravity of the symptoms. Most often the dosage is 250-500mg. three times daily with meals.

TOXICITY, CAUTIONS AND CONTRA-INDICATIONS:

No reported toxicity.

REFERENCES:

Dimitrov M., Georgiev P., Vitanov S., Use of tribestan on rams with sexual disorders. "Vet Med Nauki" 24(5) pp. 102-110 1987

Nadkarnia A.K., Indian Materia Medica, Popular Prakashan Private Ltd., Vol 1, pp.1229-1232 1976

Tornova M., Gyulemetovs R., Zarkova S., Tribestan Clinical Studies. pp. 1-27

Wright James E. Ph.D., A Natural Wonder. pp. 140-142, 214 "Muscle and Fitness" September 1996

During the cycle I run it at 2 grams , sometimes three but for PCT I run it at 4 grams ED but I am sure that can be adjusted per individual. I would start with 3 and if you don't feel a difference from your regular PCT add a gram every 3 days up to 5 grams every day. Not sure of your cycle history but if you haven't used a lot - 3 grams should do just fine for you. Let us know how it works.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Da Bull has turned me in the right direction regarding tribulus. Will use it in my next cycle.

DESCRIPTION:

Tribulus, also known as caltrop and puncture vine, is a natural product isolated from the aerial parts of the plant Tribulus terrestris.

Tribulus was traditionally used by the Greeks as a diuretic, mild laxative, and general tonic. In India, Tribulus is widely recommended in Ayurvedic rejuvenative formulas, particularly in the treatment of sexual dysfunction. In China, Tribulus has been a frequent component of therapy for a variety of disorders affecting the liver, kidneys, and urinary tract. For all its therapeutic and adaptogenic effects, the most common cross-cultural use of Tribulus has been in the treatment of infertility in women, impotence in men, and for increasing the libido of both sexes.

Recently, the fitness enhancing benefits of Tribulus have been brought to the attention of the athletic and body building industries as a result of its use by Eastern European Olympic and World Champion strength and power athletes.

PHYSIOLOGY:

Tribulus terrestris is rich in plant sterols, saponins, flavonoids, alkaloids, unsaturated acids, oils, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and protein. The active components are sterol saponins of furostanol type. The preparation is standardized on the base of the predominating compound protodioscin- not less than 40%.

The effects of Tribulus are the following:

Men: Restores and improves libido sexualis, improves and prolongs the duration of erection. It exerts a stimulating effect on spermatogenesis by increasing the number of spermatozoa and their mobility. It increases the level of testosterone by 33%.

Women: Restores and improves libido sexualis and exerts a slight ovulation effect. It has a favorable influence on vasomotory manifestation during natural menopausal and induced menopausal syndrome, as well as on subjective complaints such as insomnia, general tenseness, irritability, or apathy.

Tribulus also helps reduce cholesterol, lowers high blood pressure, inhibits stress-induced clumping of blood platelets, increases the strength of contraction of the heart muscle, reduces sodium and fluid retention, acts as an anti-urolithiatic (urinary/kidney stone preventing) and litholytic (dissolving), improvement of the profile of red and white blood cells, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti- inflammatory, and analgesic effects.

INDICATIONS:

The suggested use is as follows:

Men: Indicated for impotentic coeundi in Kleinfelter’s Syndrome, varicocele, cryptochism, testicular hypertrophy, and Noonan’s Syndrome. Tribulus is also indicated for sterility based on idiopathic oligoasthenazoospermia sterility and idiopathic azoospermia.

Women: Indicated for endocrinous ovarian sterility, menopausal and induced menopausal syndrome with expressed vasomotory and neurasthenic manifestations. Production of follicle- stimulating hormone and estradiol are increased to stimulate reproduction function.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:

Dosage and duration of treatment are determined according to the character and the gravity of the symptoms. Most often the dosage is 250-500mg. three times daily with meals.

TOXICITY, CAUTIONS AND CONTRA-INDICATIONS:

No reported toxicity.

REFERENCES:

Dimitrov M., Georgiev P., Vitanov S., Use of tribestan on rams with sexual disorders. "Vet Med Nauki" 24(5) pp. 102-110 1987

Nadkarnia A.K., Indian Materia Medica, Popular Prakashan Private Ltd., Vol 1, pp.1229-1232 1976

Tornova M., Gyulemetovs R., Zarkova S., Tribestan Clinical Studies. pp. 1-27

Wright James E. Ph.D., A Natural Wonder. pp. 140-142, 214 "Muscle and Fitness" September 1996

CHECK OUT THE BIG BRAIN ON BULL - NICE POST BRO

**** good info bro and it of course is much appreciated, but the reason i asked how much and for how long to take it is cause i strolled on into GNC tonight to check the price out and it was 39.99 for i'm guessing around 40 pills or so(i think). so this isn't just really cheap. what do you suggest? seems like 4 g throughout the year can be fairly costly

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    **** good info bro and it of course is much appreciated, but the reason i asked how much and for how long to take it is cause i strolled on into GNC tonight to check the price out and it was 39.99 for i'm guessing around 40 pills or so(i think). so this isn't just really cheap. what do you suggest? seems like 4 g throughout the year can be fairly costly
    You can get it on line much cheaper than paying GNC prices.If it's to costly for you,just run it through pct and you'll be real happy.

You can get it on line much cheaper than paying GNC prices.If it's to costly for you,just run it through pct and you'll be real happy.
    sounds good bro. so lets say 3g per day for first 3 weeks im off? what do you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    sounds good bro. so lets say 3g per day for first 3 weeks im off? what do you think about that?
    That's a good dose.And you can always bump it up if needed.

jeallybean is offline Junior Member
    i also have the gnc brand. it has 2000mg per 4 capsules how many do i need to take every day for 3 grams

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    During the cycle I run it at 2 grams , sometimes three but for PCT I run it at 4 grams ED but I am sure that can be adjusted per individual. I would start with 3 and if you don't feel a difference from your regular PCT add a gram every 3 days up to 5 grams every day. Not sure of your cycle history but if you haven't used a lot - 3 grams should do just fine for you. Let us know how it works.
    I used to run it @ 2500-3000mg (2 1/2 -3gm) til MudMan said he found 4gm to be the sweet spot, I tried 4gm's for a while and could not believe te difference the small increase in dose made - wow.
    Now I run 4gm ED, and 8/6/4 during PCT.
    TSW

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member

?????????

Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    I used to run it @ 2500-3000mg (2 1/2 -3gm) til MudMan said he found 4gm to be the sweet spot, I tried 4gm's for a while and could not believe te difference the small increase in dose made - wow.
    Now I run 4gm ED, and 8/6/4 during PCT.
    TSW
    Hey Bro- what kind of difference did you notice with the small increase in dosage from 2.5, 3 to 4mg? You are using it during your cycle as well yes?

well **** guess i'll be takin some trib in about 6 weeks!! any web sites i can order from that is of pretty good quality?

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    What brand is best? Besides GNC- I friggin hate that place

Quote Originally Posted by ddoublevision
    What brand is best? Besides GNC- I friggin hate that place
    I use Twin labs.

I use Twin labs.
    Me too.
    TSW

Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Hey Bro- what kind of difference did you notice with the small increase in dosage from 2.5, 3 to 4mg? You are using it during your cycle as well yes?
    Well, to be completely honest, I couldn't tell if it was doing much at 2.5 -3 gms, except I recovered quicker, but after bumping my dose to 4gm ED, my boys stayed up considerably during cycle, whereas before, only HCG could get this result.
    I still use HCG during cycle, probably more than most, but not nearly the amount I did before.
    I strongly suggest using it no matter what your cycles are like, but if you do High Doses or Long Duration or both like I do, it's a must IMO.
    TSW

Thread Information