Talking Q for the experts

Is there anything that can be done to increase hormone receptor sites?

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Is there anything that can be done to increase hormone receptor sites?
    It is my understanding that they up regulate by themselves.......I think it may have been Pheedno that said receptors do not down regulate.
    TSW

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Inject the compound that you wish to increase the number of receptors for. Receptors are specific for each compound, and some recent studies show that the presence of that compound can up-regulate the receptor for that compound. Unfortunately, research also suggests that you must already have a somewhat high concentration of that specific receptor for up-regulation to occur, so it may not work for the specfic hormone receptor you wish to increase.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    It is my understanding that they up regulate by themselves.......I think it may have been Pheedno that said receptors do not down regulate.
    TSW
    yes, they don't down regulate....but you will think they do......don't down regulate, but saturate

I'm not sold on receptors not downregulating. It's been shown in vitro to occur. It hasn't been shown in vivo....yet. There are many possibilities to why gains decrease as a cycle progresses, but receptor downregulation isn't something I've given up on. I know it's not the only factor, but that doesn't mean it isn't one of the factors.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I'm not sold on receptors not downregulating. It's been shown in vitro to occur. It hasn't been shown in vivo....yet. There are many possibilities to why gains decrease as a cycle progresses, but receptor downregulation isn't something I've given up on. I know it's not the only factor, but that doesn't mean it isn't one of the factors.
    i have actualy read some interesting articles that showed how downregulation of receptors may occur; however, these were not of acedemic backround so who knows.

Im curious to read more of the info you have einstien

Thread Information