BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Our bias and the truth

I believe that it is human nature to defend one's actions to some degree whether right or wrong. I see all the time people or groups of people being very biased in there opinioins but they feel they are being objective. For example, in the media and for the most part public eye steroids are a horrific drug designed for cheaters. However, one will find that many of these are just exaggerated truths or myths. On the other hand, we have the people that use steroids . Now i would like to say we are the one's that know the truth about this; however, i think even we take the science and twist it some in our favor. I even find myself defending things that have evidence both ways but i will pull it a little towards me and all of a sudden i believe it. And i dont think that this only deals with steroids, but a number of different things.

For example, i know that the opinion of this board is that gear does not cause roid rage --that it is a media created propaganda. I must concede that i havent done extensive study on this, however, the study that i have done has shown that testosterone being administered to animals increased aggression along with other studies. Now i believe that it is exaggerated in media and public eye but it seems that this board has people who say it isnt true and then all of a sudden the entire board believes it. And even if i am wrong on this, it is no different than what the media does. Many newbs on this board will just take the opinion of the board for granted and not do their own research.

I guess my point is that people justify their actions, and sometimes that is negative. Im just saying to make sure that you really have the best objective, unbiased opinion and facts in front of you so you can make the best decision for you. Not just in steroids but in everything.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice analytical post backer

joevette is offline Banned
    That's very true. I've seen a similar study on roid rage , but what they barely mentioned was that they gave a years worth of test to a little mouse. I think a years worth of anything would make that mouse go crazy.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i agree that we as a community feel the need to justify our actions and define them as "safe" in order to rationalize AS use, and the adverse helath effects must be acknowledged by anybody wishing to be objective.

on the issue of roid rage though, i have to admit... there is evidence to support increased aggression when testerone levels are heightened. does that mean that we as humans cannot control our impulses and have psychotic episodes while on AS? i dont think so. i think that rage is a myth simply because although aggression may be heightened, we are still thinking, rational beings and steroids in no way make one psychotic as the media would have us believe.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    In terms of roid rage there are several drugs (fina, halo, anadrol ) that increase my temper and make me more aggressive but I don't believe in the idea that at any time I am out of control. I know and understand this is a response to these drugs and make sure I think before I act. I think the argument isn't whether there is increased aggression but whether we are responsible and capable of controlling are actions.

palequail is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    In terms of roid rage there are several drugs (fina, halo, anadrol) that increase my temper and make me more aggressive but I don't believe in the idea that at any time I am out of control. I know and understand this is a response to these drugs and make sure I think before I act. I think the argument isn't whether there is increased aggression but whether we are responsible and capable of controlling are actions.

I was just gonna post that....I feel slightly more edgey while on gear but you just gotta realize that and stop and think before you act. Roid rage is exaggerated but it is a factor in what we do, so lets all jump on the bandwagon and be nice mellow peeps!!

Latimus is offline Banned
    i think that roidrage is a product of mixing alcohol with an already tempered personality...however no one who is responsible about roid will ever think about getting drunk on a cycle...

Ok, well my point isnt even about roids causing roid rage . I was just using an example of my bandwagon, justification theory. That is my main point that i am making. I completely agree that what seperates us from animals is our ability to have cognitive process at an intellectual level. As an existentialist would say, human are "unhiemlich" or out of sync with the world and nature.

Bump, i guess

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah I knew that wasn't your point but I couldn't resist. I agree that we are obviously going to speak more about the positives of a lifestyle that we believe in but I think we are much more realistic about the negatives then mainstream society is about the positives or negatives.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i seem to get rage form test but yeah i think everyone try's to justify their actions right or wrong....

For me, it seems that everytime that i read an article bashing steroids , if it doesnt agree with my bias then i disregard it as media hype. I think that is the way it is for any controversial issue.

However, i do agree with rickson when he said that we are more realistic in our views than that of the opposition.

RUDY-14 is offline Associate Member
    A psycholgical term, cognitive dissonance can offer an explanation for our collective views on using steroids . Cognitive dissonance occurs when ones thoughts or beliefs are incongruent with ones actions. The mental conflict that arises results in either the individuals thoughts/beliefs or actions changing. In this case, If i take steroids, my thoughts/beliefs about steroids will change to be congruent with my actions: ie I will think positively about steroids, and more readily seek out and accept postive information (such as magazine articles supporting the use of AAS) and reject information against using AAS.

Take it easy fellas

BigBull13 is offline Associate Member
    I agree backer

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    In terms of roid rage there are several drugs (fina, halo, anadrol) that increase my temper and make me more aggressive but I don't believe in the idea that at any time I am out of control. I know and understand this is a response to these drugs and make sure I think before I act. I think the argument isn't whether there is increased aggression but whether we are responsible and capable of controlling are actions.
    That's it right there.
    When I was well..."younger" I had some fairly undeniable bouts with Parabolan .
    it didn't "change" my personality, but it most definately amplified it, and if you're not in control of yourself, and many think they are when they're not, and at the time I most certainly fit into that category, episodes can escalate out of control before you know it.
    One era in particular while on Anadrol /Primoteston/Parabolan, I got into numerous fights, went to jail twice, and argued with friends of many years which I loved, all during a time in my life that I had everything going for me, so to me, the fact that juice has the capability to increase the likeliness of this type of actions is a no brainer, the rest is up to you just like Rickson said.
    TSW

Latimus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    I completely agree that what seperates us from animals is our ability to have cognitive process at an intellectual level. As an existentialist would say, human are "unhiemlich" or out of sync with the world and nature.
    Well put...especially true with regards to a site like this...

I guess if we couldnt change our beliefs about what we are doing, then we would have a lot more stress and anxiety about our actions. It seems like a defense mechanism

Thanks for the replies.

Jackman is offline Banned
    For me roid rage is no myth, at least while on fina ill turn on the tip of a dime

PJK015 is offline Associate Member
    good post...i know what you mean about rejecting all negative views/evidence of roids... the fact is though that for us (ASS users) that we are aware of the negative side effects but the good outweighs the bad...therefore making us bias and rejecting all info that doesnt support AAS use....i guess what im trying to say is that we all know that there are negative sides so when ever ppl try to talk about them we reject them in fear of learning more about why not to take them as opposed to learning about why TO take them and support your already made decision

Thread Information