Jgent18 is offline New Member

I need some advice.

Ok I need help. Ive been reading and learning alot from this site and everyone seems to think the same thing. (wait till you reach your natural potential before you start using gear). Well how doyou know when youve reached that? Im 19 and have been working out hard for about 2 years now. I have stayed on a diet for about the past 6-8 months of high protein and calories just like i have read that i am suppose to to gain weight. The only problem is i cant break the 150 mark. Im 5 11' and i will eat like crazy until i hit 150 and then im stuck and if i miss one meal then i am back down to 145 again. Can yall give me your advice on whether its time for me to start a cycle or if i should keep riding it out and just hope for the gains naturally.
    Thx

Grocho is offline Associate Member
    Jgent,
    Have you tried running a search. This is a topic that is in abundance on the board. There are all kinds of info on this topic.
    Welcome to the board bro!!!

Primetime is offline Associate Member
    bro right now you metabolism sounds like its flying. a lot of us were there once. (wasnt it nice) also are you putting quality proteins and carbs in. just asking. I was the same way 19 and could get past 150 worked out like a beast ate ate over 5000 cals/day. Tons of protein but just stayed lean. When i hit about 21 I started packing on a little mass. Hit the creatine and protein pretty heavy and went from 148 to 170 in two months. Still eating the same just something was different. I am not an expert just sharing my experiences. Be patient

take care

P

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: I need some advice.

Originally posted by Jgent18
    Im 19 and have been working out hard for about 2 years now . . . The only problem is i cant break the 150 mark. Im 5 11' and i will eat like crazy until i hit 150 and then im stuck and if i miss one meal then i am back down to 145 again . . .
    First, Jgent, welcome to the board. My advice would be to see your doctor. He or she will take a 1/2" slice out of your leg, and will count the circles within that slice to gauge your developmental age. It's kind of like how they can tell how old a tree is - by looking at the number of circles in the trunk.

(Relax, bro. The previous paragraph is bullshit, but was included to show that we have a sense of humor. Except the welcome - that was real.)

Anyway, to be a little more serious, see your doctor anyway, but just for a basic check-up. Nothing to worry about, but the kind of advice you need will best come from someone who has the opportunity to do an in-person exam. Your doc will probably not recommend a cycle (few do, especially on the record), but he or she can tell you what stage you are at in terms of your current body development.

Primetime's perspective is quite sound, and I concur - this is not the time to do a cycle. For one thing, if your body is still developing (and development deals with more than simply height and weight), doing a cycle prematurely could skew the natural process.

One thing you did not indicate (nor would you have thought of doing so - most of us wouldn't) is where you are in terms of pubertal development. Seriously, bro - the variables range from how much your voice has deepened (including whether it is still in the process of deepening), whether your body hair has developed, etc. They are not ultimate indicators (some guys will have a forest on their chest at 15, others won't have hair one on their chest at 30), but are part of the big picture in terms of development. Taken together, all the elements will give an indication of your development in terms of weight.

Finally, don't sweat it if you don't gain major pounds at this point. A 160-lb. max at 5'11" is a bit light, but not outrageously abnormal for your age. Believe me, bro, in 20 or 30 years you'd give your right nut to get down to a weight like that. At 19, you're more tempted by the GI-Joe mentality in terms of body weight, bulking, and build; if it doesn't happen right away, no big whoop. Just do the best you can naturally at this point and accept yourself at the best point you can be at.

Jgent18 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the help.. I guess my biggest problem is that im impatient. I know i will grow as i get older but the truth is just like everyone else i want to get big NOW. It sucks when you see 15 year olds bigger than you when your about to hit 20. Thx

Thread Information