last time i inject with a 22 gauge needle......

today was about the worst day of my **** life.aside from losing at my powerlifting competition, i thought i was going to die.heres whuts up.......

this morning at about 12 noon, i went to hit my delt up with another cypionate shot.so i didnt have anymore 23 gauge 1", i had to settle for 22 gauge 1".i havnt done 22 gauge in some time, but i had alot of them.so im getting ready to do my delt shot, wash up, and i pulled out the cypionate into the needle.everything was loaded up and ready to go so i take in a deep breath and try to stick it.i NEVER stab myself like a dart, i poke myself and just go slowly till it goes all the way in, i aspirate , then i push all the test in and pull it out slowly with normally only a droplet of blood following.

whole different story today.

first try-i put the needle on my thigh and try to push in,for about a minute the **** needle would not go in for how hard i was pushing.my skin just caved in and there was a bad pain so i just went to try another area

second try-i put the needle again on my thigh and it STILL didnt go in, i was starting to get light headed b/c i was running out of time and i didnt know wtf was up with me.

third try-i pushed as hard as i could and it finally went in, i aspirated and shot it in, after that i pulled the needle out, and suddenly everything just felt wrong.this was the first time i had so much blood come out and my stomach just started turning.

i stumbled a few times not realizing wtf was up with me and i thought "oh man what if i hit a vein?!".i basically thought i was going to die, i had never felt that ****ty every in my life.i laid down on my bed and i thought i was gonna black out.i started sweating like crazy and my whole body went numb. i waited about 15 minutes till i realized where i was,then i happend to get my **** together and i just left.
    this was the scariest moment thats happend to me in a while.maybe i just got nervous b/c i saw the blood coming?this has never happend to me and im usually never afraid to stick it and im NEVER afraid to see blood.

has anyone been through this before?what was really up with me?

i was shooting 22g 1" in my thigh for a while. I loved it, slid right in for me. Was the needle dulled, by this i mean did you try to shoot with the same needle you loaded with? When i did that it was harder to get it.

gixxer is offline Associate Member
    Funny you said this,i ran out of 23s and have leftover 22s.I have had that problem when i try to go slow with them also so now i just tighten the skin push until i feel pressure then give it a quick little push to get it going then put it in slow.

But i had the same feeling one time like you even though i seen blood before it just hit me that way you feel flush sweaty ,got to laydown ,just a panic attack i guess because of the blood,go figure!

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you had a dull dart!...I like to draw up with one needle and then switch tips to inject, that way your assured a sharp point, going through the rubber stoppers can dull the points. About the light headed thing...been there a dozen times, no biggy you'll live, you probably hit a vein!

djboots is offline Associate Member
    I Tried My Quad Once And It Hert Like Hell And Became Swolen Hot And Red In Lasted 3days. It Sucked . Now I'm Afraid To Hit The Quads Again.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Don't ask me. I can't relate. I do all of my injections with 22g 1.5" pins. Always have. To me, a bigger pin hurts less. Of course, I'm not switching to 18g anytime soon.

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    i just did 1.5 c's in each Quad on monday.no problem. 22gauge 1". back in the day i used to inject in the sholders. .5 cc's in each on the same day. i felt insecure about doing quads, or 1 cc' injections (what a newbie...). anyway this time the right delt went fine, then i went to the left. i didint aspirate , and it felt different going in. i pulled out and blood gushed out for a second, then just dribbled. i started geting really lightheaded, and sweating. it didnt even occure i would die if i hit a vein. anyway i just went to sleep, and the next morning, the opposite side hurt more than the side that was bleeding (go figures.... **** t400). i probibly did hit a vein and i was just getting tipsy off all the **** alcohol in that garbage.... haha j/k. you should be fine bro. as long as you aspirated!

Swellin Guest
    You guys are sick and twisted. No way do I care to use one of those things unless I have to do so. I draw with a 20g and I inject with a 25g 1" I tried 23g for a while and it was fine except that I bled alot with the 23. I inject everywhere except the glutes with a 25g 1", and there is no need for me to do anything different.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    You guys are sick and twisted. No way do I care to use one of those things unless I have to do so. I draw with a 20g and I inject with a 25g 1" I tried 23g for a while and it was fine except that I bled alot with the 23. I inject everywhere except the glutes with a 25g 1", and there is no need for me to do anything different.

What he said..... except i inject glutes a little more than i should.....

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I use the 21 1.5 needles cause it is easier to push down on the plunger. Never had any soreness. Aspirating is easier with bigger needles too. Usually only quads though.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    bro i had the same prob....do you draw with the same needle you shoot with? i switch and when this happened to me i simply switched the needles and it was fine....i just think it was a dull dart...

traps4life is offline Junior Member
    if he aspirated shouldnt he have been able to tell if he hit a vein, and if not whats the point?

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    22 in the delt..you must be a trooper..I use 25g for the delts/quads...23 for the glutes...I used a 22g once..felt like a nail in my ass!

Boardrider is offline Junior Member
    22" gauge feels like harpooning yourself.

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    My first cycle I used 18 gauge because I did'nt know any better. Now I use 22 g 1.5 but the things so flimsey I always feel like its going to break.

Thread Information