LAGMuXle is offline Member

Is a doc really neccesary?

I think I'm developing an infection in my right calve, I shot 100mg/mL 1mL of Fina into it on Monday, the pain just kept getting worse up until today. Now I'm noticing a little bit of redness in the area, and the muscle is definately swolen.

I wasn't sure if there was something I can do on my own or just wait it out.

Thanks in advance bros,

MuX

Jackman is offline Banned
    I would not risk it, see a doctor

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro - 1st of all calves are not good injection sites due to the relative lack of blood thru them.

That being said - it sounds like you have cellultis developing - I would go to the Doc ASAP - are you running a fever ? If so You should go to the Doc. If not you could continue to monitor your temp , up the Vit C and hope you get better. I would say if there is no improvement by tomorrow , even if you don't have a fever that you have an infection and need antibiotics. Remember Bro AAs lowers your immune system and leaves us susceptible to infection / illness. I am a Nurse Practitioner - I can't really diagnose you over the internet but I can give you the preceding advice Bro - best of luck - keep us posted.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    Bro - 1st of all calves are not good injection sites due to the relative lack of blood thru them.

That being said - it sounds like you have cellultis developing - I would go to the Doc ASAP - are you running a fever ? If so You should go to the Doc. If not you could continue to monitor your temp , up the Vit C and hope you get better. I would say if there is no improvement by tomorrow , even if you don't have a fever that you have an infection and need antibiotics. Remember Bro AAs lowers your immune system and leaves us susceptible to infection / illness. I am a Nurse Practitioner - I can't really diagnose you over the internet but I can give you the preceding advice Bro - best of luck - keep us posted.
    and calfs f-in hurt to shoot also...did you prep the spot with alcohol and use a fresh sealed needle...i could never imagine getting an indection, but i guess it can happen

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Yes I prepped the area, sterile needles, the works. The pain isn't as bad as it was earlier today, so my hopes are still high.

I don't have a fever, and I don't feel unusual in any way - other than higher bp and small headaches here and there, but that's from the Fina as far as I know.

I'll keep you all posted, tomorrow I might go see the doc if the pain doesn't continue to go down.

Thanks a ton bros, appreciate your help as always.

MuX

Thread Information