Thread: Sperm Count???

drop dead fred is offline New Member

Sperm Count???

Does anyone have info on how a man's sperm count is affected by AS? Does increase in test mean an increase in fertility or are other factors at work? And does it depend on what KIND of roids you're on? What about the affects on the baby? I know that it's not good for a woman to get pregnant while SHE is juicing, but what about if the guy is and she isn't?

Any info is appreciated.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    testosterone is a male contraceptive. you have about a 5% chance to get your girl pregnant while on a cycle.

viper is offline Member
    testosterone is used some for male birth control.....what does that tell you ???
    they can cause oligospermia (male infertility) ....this condition resolves most times when the androgen is stopped...
    dont have to worry about transferring the androgen much unless you are using a topical cream or patch....

viper is offline Member
    bigkev....you type to fast for me....im always last to get my thought in.....how you doing big guy.....

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    it depends on the legnth of time you are on bro. time off=time on.

vipe,
    i am pretty quick! i have been doing cool. you?

The original jason Guest
    saying all this and even the profile on test enanth agree but I made a thread about this a while ago and alot of people disagreed that its not an effective contraceptive. I think it is personally but many of the guys say their partner conceived while they were on maybe a little searching would bring up the thread sorry cant remember the title

peace
    Jason

super 88 is offline New Member
    It's my understanding that there is a reduction of spermatogensis, the creation of sperm, to some degree with AAS. Also some changes to the spermatic vesicles,the ducts that carry sperm.
    If this has not been covered,or I am mistaken, I'll try to post supportive information.
    I believe it is also dose and duration dependant.

coroner is offline Junior Member
    OI!

It doesn't really matter what drugs are used as long as they shut down the HPTA-- that will shut down spermatogenesis. When the HPTA shuts down, your body will no longer produce LH or FSH. This is usually caused by the hypothalamus stopping production of GnRH; the hypothalamus has many receptor sites for androgens and estrogens. When it sees too much test (or other androgen, such as fina, or deca , or whatever) it stops producing GnRH.
    GnRH has receptor sites in several places, most notably the pituitary gland. This gland is responsible for producing LH and FSH. No GnRH = no LH or FSH.
    LH (leutinizing hormone) is the hormone mainly responsible for production of testosterone in the testes. This is done in the Leydig cells. Obviously, this is why your body doesn't produce any more endogenous testosterone while on cycle. This is also what we are most concerned about when coming off a cycle.
    FSH, or follicle-stimulating hormone, is the main hormone responsible for spermatogenesis. This occurs in the testis, but the maturation and storage of sperm occurs in the epididymis. Again, if there is no FSH, then spermatogenesis will cease.

There are many other factors that go into male fertility that are sometimes overlooked. When people say, "I know so-and so who was juicing and got his wife pregnant" it doesn't necessarily mean that he is still producing sperm. Spermatogenesis takes a MONTH. that means that whatever sperm cells are started won't be ready to leave until a month later! If a guy is doing say a twelve week cycle, then there's still a period of time where the ejaculate will still have viable sperm. This is why the method of using test as a male contraceptive is given 2-3 months using alternate protection.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit. I had been on for about 5 months while my wife wanted to become pregnant. It took about 4 months off before she did. All told it took us 9 months of trying. I had a sperm test done the last month I was on, and the numbers were in the shitter. Funny, but the very first month that my numbers were back in the normal range... baddabing!

The original jason Guest
    like I said if you do a search you will find a post where a few guys at least got their partners pregnant while on cycle and im not talking about an amp of prop per week

peace
    JAson

drop dead fred is offline New Member
    Thanks a lot to everyone who replied...this board is better than an entire set of encyclopedias. Me and Lil Red love it here...

thanks again;
    DDF

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Yup takin test does dramatically increase your sperm count. But however, I have learned that taking shit like Andro and products that increase the bodies ability to produce more testosterone , then your sperm count almost doubles.

coroner is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30
    Yup takin test does dramatically increase your sperm count. But however, I have learned that taking shit like Andro and products that increase the bodies ability to produce more testosterone, then your sperm count almost doubles.

this just isn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information