Thread: zyban and juice

The original jason Guest

zyban and juice

Anyone know of any interactions?? here like reasons they cant be used together? a friend of mine wants to stop smoking and he is on a cycle so wants to know any experience??

peace
    JAson

viper is offline Member
    zyban should not be used with systemic steroids ....these include prednisone, prednisolone, methylprednisolone, betamethasone, dexamethasone, triamcinolone and hydrocortisone......alcohol, sedatives and stimulants(ex. ECA) and insulin are all a bad idea to take with zyban due to it decreasing your seizure threshold.....i know people who have taken zyban and did drink socially, and my lifting partner took it while on a cycle and had no bad effects.....

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Possibly risky . . .

First, there are lots of specifics. Anyone who is considering using Zyban should read about it (their website is obviously http://www.zyban.com). Go past the hype and directly to the "prescribing information," the official product literature.

For those who do want to use Zyban to stop smoking, remember that Zyban is the name brand of bupropion hydrochloride, which is also marketed under the name Wellbutrin, an anti-depressant. Everything about it is the same, right down to the dosages. Therefore, keep in mind that since many health insurers will noty cover smoking cessation products but will cover an anti-depressant, it may pay to ask your doctor to prescribe Wellbutrin rather than Zyban. You'll get exactly the same thing, and your prescription plan (if you have one) will pay for it.

Now, as to the use of Zyban dugin a cycle, it depends on teh specific cycle. One thing I can tell you (from tyhe prescribing information) is that there is an increased risk of seizures when Zyban is combined with "systemic steroids " (which are undefined in the literature, but the term certainly raises a red flag). Therefore, I would tend to stay away from Zyban while actively on a cycle.

Having said that, many of y'all know my drill already . . . Ask your doctor, and tell him or her that you're on a cycle. You'll get the most reliable feedback from a medical professional that knows and has examined you. In the meantime, none of us here are prepared to say, "No hassle, go ahead and take Zyban," but there are enough indications to say, "Nope. Wouldn't be prudent."

viper is offline Member
    i guess the answer is....the cycle is most likely going to be 10-12 weeks long.....if he has concerns and doesn't feel comfortable with it, then start the zyban after the cycle is complete.....
    why take more chances than you have to....
    yes i do know people who have taken it with gear, but everyones threshold is different, so it may effect him differently....

Thread Information