Thread: elbow MRI

Coop77 is offline Senior Member

elbow MRI

Anyone ever had one? Doctor told me they inject 10ml of dye into the joint. Not looking forward to it.

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i had one 3 years ago. they didnt inject anything in to me though. keep me posted. i am thinking about getting another one.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Did it today. A doctor put iodine all over my arm (bad idea wearing a white shirt) and injected my elbow with magnetic dye, but it wasn't that bad. Then they taped a vitamin E capsule (kind of odd) to the inside of my arm as a "marker" and I had to lie down in the MRI tube with my arm pointing up like the Statue of Liberty for 30 minutes and not move. It sounded like a machine gun next to my ear. The worst part of it was being still for so long, and getting the band-aid off my hairy arm.

They gave me a CD with 123 cross-section images of my arm that you can scroll through like a movie. Kind of cool to look at.. but of course I have no idea what I'm seeing.. just bones and tendons. Tomorrow I see the doctor.

Btw, I don't recommend this unless you know your insurance will cover it. I'm told the final bill will be $4k to $6k. I only have to pay 10% of that and I'm thinking it's still pretty pricey.

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    let me know what happens. thank God i have great insurance. an mri only cost me $18.00 co-pay

Thread Information