Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DAAS

Thread: Do you use the sauna?

skaz915 is offline Member

Do you use the sauna?

I'm pretty sure this would be the correct area to post this. I use the sauna after I workout for 15-20 min just because its relaxing and helps me unwind after, also I believe it helps with recovery. Its funny listening to people say it helps them lose fat or helps shed their body of mercury etc...Just wonder what your reasons are if you use a sauna

V-ROID is offline Member
    I have a FIR sauna and it definitely does NOT help me recover. Sometimes I have to recover just from being in the sauna too long or too many days in a row. Sometimes I use it to warm up, then do set of reps, then sauna 5 minutes, set, 5 min, until I can't take it any more. I use it more in the winter. I like it about 135 but some prefer hotter. I don't really believe in any of the bead sucking hippy benefits, I just hate cold! In the winter I wear the sauna and hot tub out. A FIR sauna can actually help you burn fat, 45 minutes at 140 degrees becomes an aerobic workout. Haven't checked heart rate but it definitely kicks it up. Read a book and burn calories. Lazy cardio.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    I like steam rooms better, oh and the AR spa is for ? For our site sponser which is AR-R

skaz915 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    I like steam rooms better, oh and the AR spa is for ? For our site sponser which is AR-R
    Under AR SPA it says "A place to discuss hair loss, hair removal, skin care, tanning, etc..." I may be wrong because I am still fairly new here but it seemed to be the best category to put it under, I apologize if not

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915 View Post
    Under AR SPA it says "A place to discuss hair loss, hair removal, skin care, tanning, etc..." I may be wrong because I am still fairly new here but it seemed to be the best category to put it under, I apologize if not
    I mean this politely but, no, I think this is the right place. It is def the right place for the other, "hair loss, hair removal, skin care, tanning, etc..." And tanning is in the same category as sauna...I think?

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've felt that the sauna focuses too much blood in the periphery. After a workout, I'm wanting good circulation through muscles and organs.

HulkSmash1 is offline New Member
    I use it clear up my pores and relax. I like using the steam room as it helps moisten my lungs/breathe easier.

VzThunder is offline Junior Member
    I use the sauna or steam room once a week for 15 minutes, for me it just cleans my pores out and the steam room is helpful if you have a cold or something similar.

Giggle is offline Female Member
    its great if you are trying to make weight for something.

cgi
    cgi is offline Associate Member
    Steam room beats all, but I feel most don't get hot enough, many like to lower the heat for some reason.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Years ago when distance running was my thing, I'd use the sauna regularly. Now, the only ones I see in the sauna are creepy old fukkers like me, so I always pass....

chaps is offline Associate Member
    I actually think there are a lot of positives to be had by hitting the sauna, but I think most people do it the wrong way.

What does exposing your body to extreme heat do?
    It increases circulation. We all know more bloodflow = quicker recovery, but after a workout? C'mon, your heart is already pumping blood through your body like crazy. Post-workout sauna is useless.

When I used to powerlift, I would sauna before workouts. This would warm me up and help with my flexibility a bit (good for those deep atg squats) without fatiguing me (which too much static stretch has been proven to do).

These days, I like to sauna on my off days. I'll hit the room for 30 minutes, then go stretch out for another 30, and then do some light cardio. Whenever I do this, I noticeably have better training sessions the next day.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    I only go in the sauna when I wanna listen to more music but I am done with my work out. also to see if any hot girls are in there sweating and doing stretches in yoga pants or swim suits.

Id like the steam room but in case you guys didn't know steam rooms are right around what they call in the food industry as the temperature danger zone, aka bacteria grows at alarming rates in the steam room. The steam isn't hot enough to kill it don't kid yourself. Ive had crazy break outs and coughs from going in a steam room. aka spoor room.
    RangerDanger830 likes this.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Since I started using clen I now jump in a freezing cold swimming pool to try to cool off and lower my body-temp. I don't think anyone on clen should use a sauna. Lol. I already feel like Im gonna die when I tan in a tanning bed for a few minutes.

Friesian is offline Junior Member
    Steam room is definitely better for me. I get a lot of deep tissue pain and I find sitting with my back firmly against the hot surface of the walls as this really helps to alleviate the issue. Also, if you think your steam room isn't at hot as you want it, chuck some cold water at the thermostat, should trick it into think the room's colder than it's supposed to be and produce extra heat.

lil johnny is offline New Member
    I use the sauna for 2 reasons.

1: I feel like I sleep better at night after I've used the sauna.
    2: I read that taking intermittent cold showers rapidly changes your body temperature and helps strengthen your immune system.

Everyone likes sleep and being healthy right? These are my reasons anyways.
    Last edited by lil johnny; 04-12-2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: grammar

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well there are two main benefits that I can say you get from a sauna, under the right circumstances.

The first is obvious, to burn fat. The caveat to this is that you have to sit in there long enough and have it hot enough so that your HR is increased for an extended period of time. However, you're not going to see your HR hitting 150+ so it clearly is a less effective, but easier alternative to traditional cardio.

Second, and this comes with a catch also. If you are sick, sitting in the sauna can help you recover faster in SOME cases. People get sick more in the winter because the temperatures are more optimal for certain bacteria and viruses. So if you sit in a sauna regularly and for extended periods of time you are hindering the growth of any harmful bacteria/viruses that may not be well equipped for warmer temperatures in your body. However, dehydration is a present danger and something to be avoided while sick, not to mention everyone you are in there sweating with is at risk of getting sick too. Another catch to this is that some bacteria and viruses thrive in warmer climates.

This study discusses the hardening and softening of the flu virus' outer membrane due to various temperature changes and explains why the flu is rampant in the winter but not in the summer.

Why The Flu Virus Is More Infectious In Cold Winter Temperatures -- ScienceDaily

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I like a good CLEAN steam room over the sauna. I dont know why I like one over the other I just do, well maybe I don't like the old men in there or some kid pissed on the rocks. I don't get in either very much due to acceptability.

Steam rooms are great if they keep them clean, but I see mold in almost everyone I go to unless its a spa. If the Sauna is nice I will go into to more to loosen up than for the heat. But I still don't know why people cant cover up while they are in either one of them.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    I like a good CLEAN steam room over the sauna. I dont know why I like one over the other I just do, well maybe I don't like the old men in there or some kid pissed on the rocks. I don't get in either very much due to acceptability.

Steam rooms are great if they keep them clean, but I see mold in almost everyone I go to unless its a spa. If the Sauna is nice I will go into to more to loosen up than for the heat. But I still don't know why people cant cover up while they are in either one of them.
    I know the feeling, it's always naked old men who could care less about people looking at their fatbodies and could care less if you catch them staring at you. Then to top it all off they just stand around in the locker room stark naked talking to each other like it ain't no thing.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    HAHAHA @ kid pissed on the rocks.

Back in the days of me and being a submariner we would go to the sauna immediately after docking and watch the black machine oil the skin absorbed flow out the skin pours. Good times.

Now I use my sauna to get rid of headaches. For some reason getting very hot for 15-20 minutes in a humid environment helps a lot.

Thread Information