GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

deadening nerves

it's that time again,

i'm taking a rollerpin to my shins (don't worry i'm using tiger balm),

anybody got some training tips for MMA?
    (paticularly cardio)

thaismai is offline New Member
    non-stop pad work for numerous rounds followed by non-stop grappling + body conditioning for another few rounds. this should increase the stamina. remember drink as little water as possible during this time. also, train w/ your mouthguard in in order to get used to breathing with it in.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Good advice thaismai! I have been training and fighing in MMA for a short while now, but my background is Muay Thai, doing rounds with the thai pads are good for your conditioning and they improv your strikes at the same time, they will also condition your shins if you hit the pads correctly with your shins.
    I advice against the rollerpin because it might make the skin conditioned but your shinbone will be like glass!! it is better to do kick drills on a heavy-tough bag and to do the pads and kick full power to condition the shins both bone and skin.
    When you sparr wear shinpads for saftey because you dont want to get banged up that way unless it s the real deal.

pal
    pal is offline Junior Member
    **** are you actually taking a rolling pin to your shins? if you are, then ****, that would hurt like a bitch, why would you do that?

Grappler_Mike is offline New Member
    Bagwork is all you need for your shins trust me,dont torture your body bro.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    it's been helping quite a bit mike (for blocking low roundhouse kicks) and for the shin on shin connections

the idea is, that if you make calicum buildups in your shins and they're hard, than you can hurt the opponent more when you kick him

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Sparring is still the best for conditioning a fighter! Lay a little ground rules so you can get as many rounds is as possible. The rule of thumb is 3 times actual fight time. A boxer scheduled for 12 rounds should spar 36 rounds every other day to get conditioned.

Good Luck and whip some A$$

MJ

Thread Information