Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't get me wrong, both MMA and boxing are very hard, i'm just saying boxing is HARDER

i'm currently doing MMA training right now (boxing, kickboxing, BJJ), boxing is harder than jujitsu because of you have to have endurance and power throughout a long period of time, jujitsu, once tired, both opponent can try tieing eachother up and just sit there and rest

than again, i do have a biased opinion, my boxing instructor is pretty rough on me

Grappler_Mike is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Thats true, but you have to see the flip side. If Tyson could learn how to block Shamrocks kicks, how do u suppose shamrock would win? If he tries to rush in and take down tyson, anyone that has ever boxed or is a boxing fan will tell you that tyson threw an amazing and accurate uppercut, and could time his punches perfectly. I think it would be a toss up, if they fought 10 times I dont think either would win more than 6.
    My comment was based on Tyson "as is".

With 1-2 years of MMA training Tyson would be ranked one of the top ten heavyweights in MMA.

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member
    As much as I like Shamock just the wind from a shot from Tyson and he's done , Shamock does not have a good leg takedown shot (and I seen every one of his fights and he does'nt) And an in close clinch is tysons game sorry to say...

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    I still dont see tyson winning. I mean if they fought 10 times i definately think tyson would win a few because he would get a shot in and knock him out. Ken Shamrock won 4 or 5 toughman competitions so he could take a hard punch (i dont know if he could take one as hard as tyson).

If tyson hit shamrock on the top of his head with a normal jab wearing mma gloves i think he would break his hand. Shamrock lately has been fighting on his feet not on the ground, this is something he wouldnt be able to do against tyson.

also shamrock got destroyed by tito because he dropped like 20 lbs to fight and when you have such a low bodyfat % like shamrock and you drop that much weight you are going to loose a hell of a lot of muscle and strength.

IM HAPPY I STARTED THIS THREAT

Paingain is offline Banned
    Shamrock would kill him, Tyson is just a puncher, not a fighter, all Tyson ever fought was no name brawlers, and Don King knew his boy couldnt move worth a ****. Thats why anytime Tyson fought a fighter that could dance, he lost. As soon as he went to throw a punch, Shamrock would drop down to his knees and grab those bird legs, pull them out from under him and crack Mike's skull!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Shamrock without a doubt...Ken is a seasoned vetran and knows how to avoid being hit. Tyson would never land the big one...

Just so you guys know i was talking about both of them in their prime. A fight with both of them now would be horrible. If you took them now i think shamrock would have trouble because he likes to stand up and fight right now and he wouldnt be able to stand up to Tyson, but if he fought with his takedowns as i have said 50x's before, tyson would have no chance

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    Just so you guys know i was talking about both of them in their prime. A fight with both of them now would be horrible. If you took them now i think shamrock would have trouble because he likes to stand up and fight right now and he wouldnt be able to stand up to Tyson, but if he fought with his takedowns as i have said 50x's before, tyson would have no chance
    He may like to stand up and fight but he's still got great ground n pound game. He wouldn't stand with someone like tyson. He switched his game up against tito and lost. He also looked very out of it, definately vut too much weight too hard for that fight...

that is true, he does alter his fighting depending on who he fights, looked good vs kimo

that is true, he does alter his fighting depending on who he fights, looked good vs kimo
    It's too bad that fight didn't go longer so we could really see where he's at...

yea, i cant believe shamrock tested negative for roids. i cant believe he isnt on them.. i dont know how a guy his age can look like that. plus kimo testing positive wont help him much for future bouts

yea, i cant believe shamrock tested negative for roids. i cant believe he isnt on them.. i dont know how a guy his age can look like that. plus kimo testing positive wont help him much for future bouts
    That's probably why it is rumored that the next UFC's are gonna be back east. Nevada sucks, the athletic commision is a real pain in the ass about juice. That's why you never see certain fighters in vegas. They will lose the UFC events unless things are changed. O well, I already have plane tickets and ufc tickets for the one next month...

That's probably why it is rumored that the next UFC's are gonna be back east. Nevada sucks, the athletic commision is a real pain in the ass about juice. That's why you never see certain fighters in vegas. They will lose the UFC events unless things are changed. O well, I already have plane tickets and ufc tickets for the one next month...

i am going to see the olympia in october but i am thinking of flying out for the day to see the ufc next month also

fefespbeto is offline Associate Member
    i may go too...but i dont wanna pay 300 hundred bucks...hehe...u can pay 100..but u ain/t gonna see ****

Quote Originally Posted by fefespbeto
    i may go too...but i dont wanna pay 300 hundred bucks...hehe...u can pay 100..but u ain/t gonna see ****
    The seats are pretty well laid out and there are a bunch of big screens so you can see from anywhere. I'd rather be in the 4th row though...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Although I'm not a professional boxer, I'm a very experienced boxer and kickboxer and I can tell you (as I said earlier) Ken wouldn't see the punch that left him brain damaged. Forget fighting Mike on the ground or in a clinch, Ken would still have to come in Mikes boxing circle and I'm pretty sure he'd finish Ken off pretty easy. Might be my confidence as a boxer talking, but I could pretty much take a non boxer (right terminology?) apart PDQ.
    So true, boxers hands are so irretating! Always in your face (no phun), i hate boxers, ill take on a judoka anyday.

Tyson would slaughter shamrock, it wouldnt even be funny to watch.

i went to a UFC a while ago when it was at the meadowlands. it was a good show, it just seems like they dont put any money into the show.

i went to a UFC a while ago when it was at the meadowlands. it was a good show, it just seems like they dont put any money into the show.
    The show is the 2 guys fighting!!! Enjoy the fight!

i mean the guys get paid crap, and i was sitted so far away, the big screen tvs were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Tyson would slaughter shamrock, it wouldnt even be funny to watch.
    Tyson would be destroyed. no boxer just boxing as their deiscipline has ever done anything in MMA (if memory serves me correctly)

Tyson would be destroyed. no boxer just boxing as their deiscipline has ever done anything in MMA (if memory serves me correctly)
    Would you call butterbean a boxer? Seriusly...

How you gonna take Tyson down without him getting a chance to connect with his hooks and upercuts? Remember he only needs 1 hit for you to go down.

butterbean would be destroyed in the ufc. their superheavys would slam him or jab him so hard before he threw a stipid haymaker

butterbean would be destroyed in the ufc. their superheavys would slam him or jab him so hard before he threw a stipid haymaker
    I belive it was Genki Sudo who did a flying armbar at butterbean in pride. Sudo is like 160lbs or something.

yea he is around 155, thats what i mean, a boxer who throws haymakers wont ever make it in mma, i dont think, unless they expand their disciplines and learn other styles

Cyto78 is offline Junior Member
    When was the last time Tyson KO somebody with one hit........?It would be very unlikely even if he did hit somebody in the MMA world that they would just crumble and thats it.....thats funny!!!!!Boxers can not kick anybodys ass in the MMA world just because they are boxers.......they MUST have cross training to do well........if not they will be dominated most of the time.........I dont know if anybody here remembers reading about the fight between Ali vs Inoki......if I remember correctly it went all 12 rounds....Ali won by decision....he did not KO Inoki........and to top all this off Inoki was not even allowed to take Ali down.......so basically he had to fight Ali at Ali's game and it still took all 12 rounds for Ali to only win by decision........they knew that if they allowed Inoki to fight like a true Jui-Jitsu fighter Ali would have been dominated..........also in an interview with Ali he was once asked who would have won in a fight between himself and Bruce Lee and he replied if it was in a boxing ring he would win.....but if it was on the street Bruce would kill me.........the reason I mention ALI is because he was everything Tyson is not "a truly skilled boxer".......Tyson would be mauled by an MMA fighter if it is by kicks,take downs,arm bars,choke outs, strikes while hes on his back.....he would just lose....I hope a fight like this happens some day!!!!!!

it will never happen, but thanks for agreeing

Cyto78 is offline Junior Member
    Hey I pulled this off of a Mike Tyson fan website........

Thursday, December 25 2003 By Joe Koizumi
    An influential Japanese sports paper has reported on the front page on the Christmas Eve edition that Mike Tyson would battle Brazilian jujitsu expert Rickson Gracie in Japan next spring.

The Japanese K-1 group plans a final fight of the legendary judoka Rickson (pronounced Hickson) taking place against Iron Mike.

Rickson has been unbeaten in more than 400 battles, having defeated nine wrestlers or K-l battlers here in Japan. The detailed report said that the planned Tyson vs. Gracie bout would be the historically biggest K-1 event ever. Not only Rickson but the winner of ex-sumo grand champ Akebono and K-1 battler Bob Sapp on December 31 is anticipating a sensational encounter with Tyson here.

Is it true that Mike Tyson will face such a jujitsu expert as the formidable Rickson?

Full story found here:

http://www.fightnews.com

Mind you this info is very old but this is a fight I would love to see!

rickson would beat him. i want to see rickson fight in the UFC

dynamike is offline Associate Member
    guess were gonna see how much gas he has in the tank on the 31st against this scrub Williams...or how unmedicated his trainers let him fight...

the fight is on the 30th

Makaveli_786 is offline Junior Member
    Uhmm... 30-40 seconds.

he is going to crush this guy. The guy isnt even ranked in the top 15 of any of the boxing rankings. even though some people dont think those rankings amount to much.

Makaveli_786 is offline Junior Member
    I dont think those rankings really matter either, the fact is you either have it or not at the MOMENT, if you do not possess it at the moment you lose, you pull yourself together and go back for it, theres too much emphasis on KO's and not enough at sportmanship.

hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    Rickson is the same beast/ledgend in MMA that Tyson is in boxing... His round house kicks are trremendous. It's the age old question Boxer vs. Grappler... I think the great Gean Labell laid this argument to rest in the 50's... A boxer only has one chance to catch the experience grappler with a punch, before being taken down... not to mention kicks/knees/elbows... remeber in boxing you are broken up from the clinch.
    Nowdays in NHB, it is more a test of atrition/stamina/muscle endurance, and hart than one style over another.. Everyone is crosstrainig and knows what to expect. Boxing,Muytai,Judo,Jujitsu,Wrestling,Sambo...There is NO Ultimate Martial art only ultimate Martial ARTISTS! Remeber a fight happens in real time and is thus sercumstancial. Tyson might get that one shot in, He might get his arm broken!
    "I love this game" -Hurricane

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Tyson wouldve knocked him out clean because hes a **** beast in
    the ring and u have to be able to go punch for punch.

Thats where you are wrong you DO NOT have to go punch for punch... I have fought MMA sence the days of no weight class and I have submitted guys 315lbs, that could have taken my head off if I would stand there and go toe to toe... JuJitsu means Gental Style" meaning take the path of least resistance, to overcome!

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyto78
    When was the last time Tyson KO somebody with one hit........?It would be very unlikely even if he did hit somebody in the MMA world that they would just crumble and thats it.....thats funny!!!!!Boxers can not kick anybodys ass in the MMA world just because they are boxers.......they MUST have cross training to do well........if not they will be dominated most of the time.........I dont know if anybody here remembers reading about the fight between Ali vs Inoki......if I remember correctly it went all 12 rounds....Ali won by decision....he did not KO Inoki........and to top all this off Inoki was not even allowed to take Ali down.......so basically he had to fight Ali at Ali's game and it still took all 12 rounds for Ali to only win by decision........they knew that if they allowed Inoki to fight like a true Jui-Jitsu fighter Ali would have been dominated..........also in an interview with Ali he was once asked who would have won in a fight between himself and Bruce Lee and he replied if it was in a boxing ring he would win.....but if it was on the street Bruce would kill me.........the reason I mention ALI is because he was everything Tyson is not "a truly skilled boxer".......Tyson would be mauled by an MMA fighter if it is by kicks,take downs,arm bars,choke outs, strikes while hes on his back.....he would just lose....I hope a fight like this happens some day!!!!!!
    as soon as shamrock came within reach, he would knocked silly by tyson. sure we havent seen alot of one punch knockouts by tyson, but the gloves are much much lighter which would mean more speed and more damage for every punch tyson throws. gaurantee tyson lands a solid punch, the other guy is gonna go down or be close to it

shamrock wouldnt stand toe to toe with him, that would be stupid

Again I say: Tyson might get that one shot in, He might get his arm broken! We will all just have to bet if the contract ever gets signed... Until then we can argue till we are blue in the face.... And we are all correct... Tyson if he lands, Shamrock if not!
    If I we to bet, Id go with the odds, Odds are (one shot vs. hundreds of teqniques)
    SHAMROCK! - altho I would love to see Tyson take someboys head off with NHB gloves...lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information