Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    cdogge is offline Associate Member
    you can't match a pit bull....period....my female is 16in tall and is 65lbs....And i can for sure 100% say that I would put her up against almost any dog....The speed and strength of a quality breed pit bull is unmatched...is actually insane how retardly strong she is....the damn thing jumped over my 6 foot privacy fence......no shit....they are just too damn crazy...

damn....i just realized how hijacked this thread is....sorry

100m champ is offline Member
    Mike Tyson Can Crack!! With Mike Tyson In Those Tiny Little Gloves.. He Could Probally Kill Someone Standing With One Shot.. All It Takes Is For Tyson To Hit Him One Time And Its Over, Tyson Was Knocking Guys Out Left And Right With 10 Ounce Gloves, Now He Would Be Fighting Shamrock With Little Baby Fist Gloves.. Mike Tyson Would Bust His Face And Every Bone In It With One Punch In Those Baby Gloves!

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    Mike Tyson Can Crack!! With Mike Tyson In Those Tiny Little Gloves.. He Could Probally Kill Someone Standing With One Shot.. All It Takes Is For Tyson To Hit Him One Time And Its Over, Tyson Was Knocking Guys Out Left And Right With 10 Ounce Gloves, Now He Would Be Fighting Shamrock With Little Baby Fist Gloves.. Mike Tyson Would Bust His Face And Every Bone In It With One Punch In Those Baby Gloves!

agreed...

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I reckon Tyson wud destroy ken shamrock, hes an absolute psycho. The main arguements people are giving for ken is that he is bigger and stronger, when clearly the reverse is true, shamrock is maximum like 205lbs, at like 6"1 and tyson is 5"11 and these days about 240 ripped, so clearly he is in fact the bigger man and with some training in wrestling and ju jitsu, would end up with the advantage. The other argment being his lack of take down defence and skill, well tyson i wud imagine from all the street fights hes bin in wud know a thing or 2 about grappling, groundfighting and the such, plus we all know he has rather a few dirty tricks up his sleeve. If tyson trained for say a year to refine his skill in various styles, I believe he wud absolutely destroy shamrock, or in fact ne1 else in ufc, perhaps with the exception of frank mir, who is in a class of his own

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    I reckon Tyson wud destroy ken shamrock, hes an absolute psycho. The main arguements people are giving for ken is that he is bigger and stronger, when clearly the reverse is true, shamrock is maximum like 205lbs, at like 6"1 and tyson is 5"11 and these days about 240 ripped, so clearly he is in fact the bigger man and with some training in wrestling and ju jitsu, would end up with the advantage. The other argment being his lack of take down defence and skill, well tyson i wud imagine from all the street fights hes bin in wud know a thing or 2 about grappling, groundfighting and the such, plus we all know he has rather a few dirty tricks up his sleeve. If tyson trained for say a year to refine his skill in various styles, I believe he wud absolutely destroy shamrock, or in fact ne1 else in ufc, perhaps with the exception of frank mir, who is in a class of his own
    first, i don't think anyone here has argued that ken is so much much bigger and stronger than tyson that he can simply overpower him. don' know where you're getting that from, thats just silly, and much more likely that the practical stength advantage will be very solidly tyson's.

i agree that tyson would be a very dangerous opponent for anybody IF he crosstrained, but thats not the question here.

as far as mir "being in a class of his own" - this is way off base. mir is a very dangerous and skilled fighter, but he has limitations and has been beaten by complete scrubs like wes simms. for those who don't know - the entire UFC heavyweight division is almost a minor league farm system for Pride. it's a much bigger sport in japan, with much more money, and they love heavyweights. almost any UFC heavy with any talent eventually gets signed by pride. mir would be crushed by all the top heavies in Pride.

and the idea that tyson would be able to beat elite graplers on the ground with his "streetfighting skills" is ludicrous. if any elite wrestler in MMA had tyson on the ground, tyson would have about as much chance of getting up as an untrained streetfighter has of winning the Heavyweight Chmapionship of the World.

yeah well...I would still put a pit bull up against him...lol..

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    Shamrock all the way. Not even close. It would be over in under a min.

Joey2ness is offline Member
    My money would be on both of them and how about tyson bulky no kicks and big punches and cant move his head back and forth sideways like boxing or face will get kicked or knocked in a real fight with no boxing GLoves

Move head down to dodge punch boooooyaa and gets kneed in face broken nose right there

move head sideways boxing style get kicked in side of head because of too bulky and heavy

Since shamrock isn't vering those spoofy big red gloves tyson cant move his head out the way from his punches

yep those boxing gloves were made bright red and big for a reason so any boxer could dodge them easily and see them coming before i can say big red

Mike tyson learns and if ''if'' he perfects grapples and grapples ken shamrock and bam bam shamrocks gets beat on the ground because tyson is so big but slower then shamrock but can grapple him
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 05-26-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grappler_Mike
    As soon as they clinch and go down Tyson will be like a fish out of water.

Tyson either wins the fight in the first few seconds(punchers chance)or Shamrock would dominate Tyson as would most B and even C class MMA fighters.

You have to understand its the same thing as if you put boxing gloves on Shamrock and told him to box Tyson.Shamrock would get KOed in 5 seconds.

Now if Tyson(in his prime) had a year to prepare for a MMA fight,learned to avoid submissions and worked non stop on his sprawl,he would be one of the most dominating MMA fighters in the world.
    sounds like kevin randleman big and muscular and probably is the mike tyson of ufc but not the champion of ufc

I think mike tyson will own if he learned grappling and other fight styles and he should train for 1 year and probably beat alot of people in ufc but not in his own weight class just guys smaller then him

and probably lots of people including I will probably own in the UFC if we had 20 years plus training UFC style martial arts
    Its just forum talk but who really has 20 years under their belt probably some real UFC fighters and none of this is true untill seen in the octagon

or maybe i and alot of others are wrong and over imaginative to think tyson can actually own in UFC with just 1 year training because ufc is weight class and not little guy vs big guy
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 05-26-2005 at 06:43 PM.

dmcf99 is offline Junior Member
    if any of you have ever been in a fight, this will probably make sense to you.... yes, tyson has no mma fighting abilities, but if you listen to anyone of tysons early interviews, he states he was invovled in numerous street fights growing up.... even though i have no training in any sort of mma, i have been in fights and learned as i go along... i have beat people with mma experience just by pure strength and natural ability and i have no where near the ability of tyson.... bottom line is tyson knows how to fight and his strength, speed, and natural ability is too much for shamrock..

shamrock trys the double leg, tysons power pushes him off, and shamrock gets a few dents in the back of his head

Quote Originally Posted by dmcf99
    if any of you have ever been in a fight, this will probably make sense to you.... yes, tyson has no mma fighting abilities, but if you listen to anyone of tysons early interviews, he states he was invovled in numerous street fights growing up.... even though i have no training in any sort of mma, i have been in fights and learned as i go along... i have beat people with mma experience just by pure strength and natural ability and i have no where near the ability of tyson.... bottom line is tyson knows how to fight and his strength, speed, and natural ability is too much for shamrock..

shamrock trys the double leg, tysons power pushes him off, and shamrock gets a few dents in the back of his head
    Exactly!!!

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcf99

good athletic streetfighters have beaten bad MMA fighters. good athletic streetfighers have beaten bad boxers too. tyson has as much chance of escaping a hold from ken shamrock with his raw street moves as a raw streetfighter has of KOing tyson in a boxing match.

MTLMAN is offline New Member
    Fighting is not only techinic, Tyson is a sick mother ****er, in his prime he can beat up 99% of MMA fighters, you can graplle his ass if you can but you wont be able too, go and watch his old games when he was in his prime, that guy is a sicko, and it is the sicko that goes home as a winner. go and check how he charges a fighter then boom 1 upper cut to the jaw the fighter is down, every boxer got his technic., MMA is more entertaninig but the amount of damage that a boxer can take cannot be compered by any other sports, list me another sport where sometimes u got to fight for 45 minutes with all kind of shit to your jaw, face and ribs.

good luck for any MMA fighter to block a 25 punches combo in a street fight from tyson in his prime, that man WAS a tank.

BoL0 is offline Junior Member
    How soon we forget how LONG and brutal the first few UFC used to be........in

tyson's prime how many fights went passed the fourth round? Now lets think how long

the shamrock - gracie fights were. Now lets add the fact that these were 1 day

tournaments (multiple fights). POINT- Ken was a tough SOB. Not taking anything from

Tyson, but in MMA you have more weapons to defend against that just punches. (And

your punching power is cut by around 60% when your on your back.)

MTLMAN is offline New Member
    actually when you are in back ur punching power is almost null, ur elbows are on the floor u cannot swing, but people think if u can kick then u can win....
    tyson in his prime was a formidable fighter....
    this is going to be an endless thread,
    just remember one thing, 90% of the win comes from the fighter and not from the style...

my bet will stay in tyson in his prime

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread Information