Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    You guys all make some good pionts... Leanmeout, It is a matter of what you want out of your MA... What works for sport Compitition is not necessarily what works in the Street! I Am a Brown belt in Judo/Brazilian JJ/and Traditional Jujitsu, I also practice MuyTai, Sambo, Capoeira,Boxing... I have tought class for the Police Depatment of New Orleans, and sourrounding areas. (rough Steets)
    One things for sure you do not want to be rolling around on the ground in the streets, If your apponents friends dont tee off on your head, the germs (heppititus,HIV) that got ito your blood from scraping your arm will defeat you in the long run weather you win the fight or not! Now thats not to say you have to strike at all, It is actuly better in public to control your opponent and take him to the ground. Contradiction you say? NO) In traditional Jujitsu or small circle Jujitsu one learns to use joint locks, throws and chokes from standing or on the ground, to immobilize and control attackers! like the COPs do! Ever see Old Steven Segal movies? (that is Jujitsu not Aikido, Aikidos is a much larger circle and no strikes) If you want a truly Rounded MA look into JUJITSU in your area. If the teacher is good you will learn all the ground work of BJJ aswell (Newasa)_ and strikes like muytai.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    The best way to train is:

Muay Thai (Stand up and clinch work)
    Jiu-Jitsu (Submissions and ground positioning)
    Wrestling (Sprawls and Takedowns)

Then you have yourslef one serious arsenol.

Chute Boxe #1

hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    Why train in three when you can learn that all in one? Sounds like you are just repeating what you hear on payperview! Remember all of those styles are sport styles and designed for one on one, closed enviorment matches... IM not saying that the three wont make you pretty rounded fighter, I train in all of these myself...
    Still, like i said, it depends on what you want... If you want to be a good MMA fighter, than I agree with murioninja, However, if you want to drill self defense than go to a dojo that will drill you against multiple attackers, wepon defense...ect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information