$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Chuck Liddell: "Fedor Is Overrated"

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I wouldnt go that far. I find it hard to believe someone could say that after getting KO'd in the first round while losing his belt

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

zartan is offline Banned
    dana white loves controversy !

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    i agree, i dont think that he is overrated but that it is time that he is tested.

Synyster is offline Associate Member
    out of that whole article.....you didnt see chuck saying he'd be willing to step up to heavyweight to fight him!!! i think rampage knocked some wires loose in chucks brain.... LMAO!!!!

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    evryone says that couture/fedor is a dream match but chuck smashed randy up twice lol
    i think fedor is overrated he hasnt falt ne1 worth talking about for years how can he be the number1 fighter
    yea chuck has been sh it as of late but you cant forget what he can do when he is on he's game,evryone loses and evryone gets ko'd dont count chuck out yet

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i'd say liddell is overrated.

facile is offline Member
    I am a chuck fan, but Fedor although not being tested latley is still a bad MF!

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i'd say liddell is overrated.
    how did you come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by lotaquestions View Post
    how did you come to that conclusion?
    his last few fights have been nothing spectacular.

hes gotten caught up in the celebrity lifestyle and it shows in his fights.

there are tons of fighters in the ufc that are in much better shape and have much more talent.

liddell is getting old, i dont think he has much left in him.

i think that he has been loosing focus a little lately, but how can you say overrated? there is nobady at 205 who can walk through chuck or would want to try. rampage didnt get his attention, he thaught that it was a lucky punch, but his loss to jardine i belive woke him up and made him realize that you cant take anything or anyone lightly in this sport...evidence the silva fight, where chuck proved once again that he has the best hands in the game. chuck, unlike fedor, has faught every one of the top guys in the class year in and year out, and has beatin all of them (except you know who) desively. what else can he do?

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    i think that he has been loosing focus a little lately, but how can you say overrated? there is nobady at 205 who can walk through chuck or would want to try. rampage didnt get his attention, he thaught that it was a lucky punch, but his loss to jardine i belive woke him up and made him realize that you cant take anything or anyone lightly in this sport...evidence the silva fight, where chuck proved once again that he has the best hands in the game. chuck, unlike fedor, has faught every one of the top guys in the class year in and year out, and has beatin all of them (except you know who) desively. what else can he do?

Chuck has the best hands in the game??

Maybe best over hand right. or a shit load of power

His hands are no where near as technical and precise as Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, and even Mirko.

Is Chuck overrated? Not really. I did think so before when all he fought was mostly good wrestlers, but he proved me wrong after the Wand fight

im not doubting the fact he is a good fighter, i think his ego was a little inflated however, and he suffered the losses as a result.

he'll never beat rampage though.

the best hands?? LMAO!!! i think we all know who really has the best hands in the game thus far. its obvious!!!

i meant at 205. no doubt that silva is the best striker (hands,knees, kicks and elbows), but off of strait hands i think that chucks are as good if not better (a big if)

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    i meant at 205. no doubt that silva is the best striker (hands,knees, kicks and elbows), but off of strait hands i think that chucks are as good if not better (a big if)
    I would go with Lyoto. Chuck definetly has the KO power, but no were near the technique of Lyoto. Even Hackleman said they wouldnt want to fight Lyoto.

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    chuck doesnt have that kill instinct anymore i dont think...there was a time in the jardine fight where he could have finished him..and against wand chucky had him stumblin all over the place and backed off..he still is sick (my favorite)...and hopefully he gets it back..because i wanna see him knock people out not win by decision

sphincter is offline Member
    so let me get this straight... one of the most over rated, over hyped fighters in the game right now is callign FEDOR overrated??? WTFis the world coming to?? I agree Chuck musta got some wires knocked loose in his last several KTFO's!!

Budk024 is offline Associate Member
    Chuck is a raw fighter but as it happens with alot of other greats he did get caught up with the fame and everything. I think now he is finally getting back on track and is starting to get that spark back.

youngmuscle123 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    im not doubting the fact he is a good fighter, i think his ego was a little inflated however, and he suffered the losses as a result.

he'll never beat rampage though.
    ill agree hes gotten a little caught up in ego and didn't think rampage was a threat (got laid out for it too). However, he is fully capable of beating rampage so long as he doesn't come into the fight looking for that knockout right off the bat, which was the case the last fight when rampage slipped that punch right on the chin with chucks guard completely down. Not that Rampage isn't a kick ass fighter just that I don't think the two fights between him and chuck, have been with chuck being chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by sphincter View Post
    so let me get this straight... one of the most over rated, over hyped fighters in the game right now is callign FEDOR overrated??? WTFis the world coming to?? I agree Chuck musta got some wires knocked loose in his last several KTFO's!!
    First off last fight with Silva, Chuck tore his face to pieces and won. Keith Jardine got his ass beat and if you see their faces after the fight you can tell striking wise Chuck put in work so hardly a KTFO!! Can't really argue with the rampage fight, he did get laid out. Overrated though, not at all look at his damn track record. People who aren't even that into MMA have still probably heard of most the guys he fights. He doesn't fight guaranteed wins, he fights the best. Then he knocks them out too which is why everyone loves him; everyone loves a knockout meanwhile Fedor only puts out submissions.

its not about who has KO power.....everybody has KO power! it just depends on where you hit the person and how much force is applied. anyways, Fedor is one of the most fluid fighters ive seen. i mean where is this guys weakness!!?? remember when Kevin Randleman picked him up and damn near broke his neck?? Fedor just shoke it off and submitted Kevin with ease. cmon people. his stand up is sick and his ground game is ridiculous. LOL!!! im not sure if Fedor could beat himself!!!!!
    Last edited by Synyster; 03-26-2008 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sphincter View Post
    chuck has done enough for mma that he can say what ever he wants and it should at least be respected wether or not you agree. I dont think fedor is overrated but i would like for him to prove to me why he is considered the best, i have a bad memory and i cant seem to remember why he is the greatest because it has been so long since he actually fought someone whos name i remember.

prove it against who?? hell randy aint proved shit to me since he came back from retirement!! he faught weak ass tim silvia and a gabriel gonzaga who is an up and coming superstar. so what are we really talkin about here folks?? lol..... lets keep it real.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    yay this sounds like a couch fan arguement!

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    its not about who has KO power.....everybody has KO power! it just depends on where you hit the person and how much force is applied. anyways, Fedor is one of the most fluid fighters ive seen. i mean where is this guys weakness!!?? remember when Kevin Randleman picked him up and damn near broke his neck?? Fedor just shoke it off and submitted Kevin with ease. cmon people. his stand up is sick and his ground game is ridiculous. LOL!!! im not sure if Fedor could beat himself!!!!!
    Yes anyone has KO power in the sense that if one person stands there and lets someone hit them as hard they can in the chin they have a damn good chance of putting them to sleep; the difference is being able to create that open shot and how well you can capitalize on it. Thats like saying anyone can submit anyone, because it depends on what limb you grab hold of and how much force is applied...so does that mean everyone can do it? His stand up relies on his defense so its not that sick, he is a ground fighter and Randy Couture is an expert on the ground. How exactly is Tim Sylvia weak? The man is 6'8 260 and won the Heavyweight belt, the guy can fight even if it is solely because of his size. Couture is 12 years older than him, 6 inches shorter, and 35 pounds less and laid him out in the first punch and then take the heavyweight belt, how else do you prove yourself aside from doing that then challenging the man with the best heavyweight record out there?

WEAK meaning i think he's a wussy. next question....

Thread Information