Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    I don't think either is pcp'd out. Would be entertaining to see a pro work the guy. Although it wouldnt be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    I don't think either is pcp'd out. Would be entertaining to see a pro work the guy. Although it wouldnt be fair.
    I would bet money that kimbo slice is on pcp, people dont take punches like that and act like nothing happened......either way he is one crazy dude

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    I think its unfair for people to say that he wouldn't stand up to the shamrocks or tito(even tho i think tito aint that great). NO $HIT. He says he will fight any non-pro. This is for any other big a$$ mongrel to see who is better at throwing hands. But on the other hand he is obviously not the most skilled street fighter either so I can think of people that I know who could probably mess wit him. Not win indefinitly considering he is probably rocked out before every fight and he is a big bad brother. I'm gonna give the guy props tho bc he is willing to challenge any other badass in his area and put his money where his mouth is. And for all you guys who think that you can take him, why not call him and put up some dough? If you do post the video win or lose. I'd love to see it.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    True true. He does get props for putting his money up against anyone. Not even knowing who they are. Good point. His boys driven hummers with lose gold on em. Im sure they can back a few grand if he loses.

BDTR is offline Retired
    He's a big street con who fights prison style. Against an everyday joe, he'd own em. Against someone with decent power and skill he'd get wrecked, plain and simple.

tallyjuice is offline Member
    **** that Bob Sapp looking mother****er. I really would like to see him in the ring.

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member

Wink Ummmm......no

You all should know better-movies and all. At the end of that clip you'll notice the tape stops/starts again before the close-up of the eye. The eye was a wound prosthetic adheared for the close-up.

Also, notice at the end of clip-before the close-up that kimbo grabs his chin and moves his jaws around for a second or two-showing pain from taking those free hits. Watch at the end before he walkes over to the defeated guy.

Any questions?

"Life Shrinks Or Expands In Proportion To One's Courage.

-Anais Nin

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Hes an EX CON??? No way. Would have never guessed. All Im saying is he HAS NO SKILL. He may be a bad ass and may hit like a gorilla but he is not even close to going pro. Maybe I need to see a different video of him fighting a different guy. Maybe him fighting a guy who can actually connect with a punch.

ALL I SAID WAS: Put him against a small guy WITH SKILL and black boy would go down.
    Kimbo slice obviously has skill to build up that kind of reputation, and we saw him dodge and weave the one decent punch his opponent made

don't play-down streetfighters, and kimbo hits the heavy bag just as other boxers do

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Kimbo got housed yesterday.. there is a Video of his beating in the AR Louge

boxinggsxr is offline Junior Member

i'm thinking of it

i wonder what the mininum amount of money he'll fight for then go triple or nothing. he doesn't have boxing skill. he knows the punch but his left hook was a mix between left uppercut and a left hook. and he overcumitts when he's trying to block with his right hand. why's he talking of turning pro when he fights to square, its 2 easily to beat this guy, maybe i should tell his cousin to fly him over here. just side step on him, and easy to counterpunch him.

boy got owned hard...his face was fvcked up!

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    this guy has been given too much attention as of late. but i guess u guys might not know that he got whooped by nick gannon (boston police officer) in an underground boxing fight. it was a pretty good fight, although u could tell neither of the guys had any skills. do a search for it on the web and u'll find it. i'll post the link when i get home later.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    this guy has been given too much attention as of late. but i guess u guys might not know that he got whooped by nick gannon (boston police officer) in an underground boxing fight. it was a pretty good fight, although u could tell neither of the guys had any skills. do a search for it on the web and u'll find it. i'll post the link when i get home later.
    gannon sure wins a lot of fights for a guy with no skills. he's in my area, and i personally watched him win the golden gloves several times, against some pretty tough guys. he also beat the New York champion in Lake Placid before going to the nationals.

also, a wrestler, state judo champ, NAGA world champ, and dominated MMA in the northeast for the past 2 years as the Mass Destruction Heavyweight Champion. if you check mma.tv or sherdog, you'll also find that he was signed to a 3 fight deal by the UFC. but you're right, no skills, the UFC only signs bums.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by boxinggsxr
    i wonder what the mininum amount of money he'll fight for then go triple or nothing. he doesn't have boxing skill. he knows the punch but his left hook was a mix between left uppercut and a left hook. and he overcumitts when he's trying to block with his right hand. why's he talking of turning pro when he fights to square, its 2 easily to beat this guy, maybe i should tell his cousin to fly him over here. just side step on him, and easy to counterpunch him.
    a lot of people talked trash about how easy it was to beat this guy. but he put out an open challenge and only one guy had the balls to take him up on it.

"his left hook was a mix between a left uppercut and a left hook" - so was floyd paterson's, and all it got him was a world championship by way of brutal knockout.

it's really easy to point out small technical flaws in for very effective fghters, but its often much harder to actually beat them than talk about it.

this guy is very quick and athletic for such a huge man. he throws nice straight punches, in combination (1-2), and his slip and counter to "eyepop" looks like it came out of a textbook. add that to a rock like chin, obvious power, and great street fighting skills and you've got a tough guy to beat.

he's now training out of FFA in florida, and they say the guy is amazingly gifted.

Im with you on this one Max Rep

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    LOL, not at all. I'd have kicked that guys face in so fast, he'd have never know what hit him. As you can see, a punch is only going to aggravate someone that size. I think it was more of a boxing match tho. No way would i box that guy!

bro, thats Kimo, a known bad-a$$ street fighter!! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    Kimbo got housed yesterday.. there is a Video of his beating in the AR Louge
    where is this.... i gotta see it!!!

i'd do it

Quote Originally Posted by Max Rep
    a lot of people talked trash about how easy it was to beat this guy. but he put out an open challenge and only one guy had the balls to take him up on it.

"his left hook was a mix between a left uppercut and a left hook" - so was floyd paterson's, and all it got him was a world championship by way of brutal knockout.

it's really easy to point out small technical flaws in for very effective fghters, but its often much harder to actually beat them than talk about it.

this guy is very quick and athletic for such a huge man. he throws nice straight punches, in combination (1-2), and his slip and counter to "eyepop" looks like it came out of a textbook. add that to a rock like chin, obvious power, and great street fighting skills and you've got a tough guy to beat.

he's now training out of FFA in florida, and they say the guy is amazingly gifted.
    yea it's easy to point out flaws but he's NOT quick at all, coming from 165 weight class being able to take the hits from 225 boxers with skill, i'd be able to slip and counter the whole fight, you might think he has speed but boxing and fighting the people i've been aginst my speed is too dangerous for him, not to mention my counterpunching, but yea it'd be some blood spilling teeth missing action. it'd be fun. i'd also go aginst him if he serouly thought of going pro, my body shoots would stop him in 1st maybe beginng 2nd round.

yea it's easy to point out flaws but he's NOT quick at all, coming from 165 weight class being able to take the hits from 225 boxers with skill, i'd be able to slip and counter the whole fight, you might think he has speed but boxing and fighting the people i've been aginst my speed is too dangerous for him, not to mention my counterpunching, but yea it'd be some blood spilling teeth missing action. it'd be fun. i'd also go aginst him if he serouly thought of going pro, my body shoots would stop him in 1st maybe beginng 2nd round.
    hahahaha And this one time at band camp, i fcked super man up and made him kiss my feet!!!

jk bro... its just funny when you hear people talk like that when for all we know you could be a 115lb boy who has never fought before in his life!!

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    I gotta post in here. I wasn't gonna because I get real sick real quick of all the internet tough guy bullsh*t. First, here are my tough guy stats... 6'1 232 and just under 30 years old. I boxed for 4 years, wrestled for 3, practices various martial arts for 2. I must say that of the 3, I did the best in boxing and have went more than a few rounds with an Olympic back up (heavyweight). He was so fast and strong, that it was like I was fighting in the middleweights again for speed and being hit with a hammer. I have also seen him get his a*s handed to him in a striking style and wrestling style street fight. I have another buddy who we hang with that I have seen kick many people's a*s who has no training other than fighting a bunch on the street..
    I too have been beat down by skilled fighters in venues for the various sports and on the street. I have also won many fights in both areas.

My belief on this is that no matter how big of a bad*ss you think you are because you are a "trained" or "skilled" fighter, you ain't sh*t till you have whooped the other guys a*s that you say you can beat. It's all tough guy bullsh*t. I bet if everyone here who thinks they could whoop him was half as tough as they think, they would have put up the money....put up or STFU. Really! I seen all the same sh*t in prison. All these big and little mofo's talking tough and getting whipped for it. I would also like to add that this is also a form of organized sport, so not too much worry of "unfair" fighting. If it's on the street there is no fair and unfair. I'll crack heads with whatever I have at the time....be realistic, if some guy is messing with you, how do you know he isn't gonna do the same or have friends waiting to help out....Look at the times we live in.

Best advice I can give is stay out of trouble and fights. This starts by not talking a bunch of sh*t you can't back up....

My $0.02.....JC

i've boxed 2 ex world champions, i can back up what i say, and when i can't back it up i shut up. i'm a born striker, decent on the ground, not good at kicking.

i've boxed 2 ex world champions, i can back up what i say, and when i can't back it up i shut up. i'm a born striker, decent on the ground, not good at kicking.
    well first of all, according to your profile your 18 years old, so im going to have to say that no you havent boxed 2 ex world champions

second, kicking is a fairly huge part of striking, so your contradicting yourself in the same sentence.

unless your willing to put up videos on the internet with your fights, you cant talk trash (or in your words, you cant back it up)

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    he's not quick...for a 165 pounder. but he is quick and athletic for a 250 pounder.

for background, what is the highest level you've achieved in boxing? gannon had a tough time KOing kimbo, and gannon was a pretty good amateur boxer - won his local golden gloves repeatedly, as well as the Northeast Regional Title (region 1) enroute to a trip to the nationals in Colorado Springs. have you made it to the nationals yet? Golden Gloves or ABF (Everlast)? PAL doesn't count.

gannon looks ugly in the kimbo fight, but in the gym we used to let the local legend tough guys throw punches at him for round after round when they first came to the gym, and they could barely lay a hand on him.
    this stuff is often a lot harder to do than to talk about.

i don't doubt that you've sparred with a couple of ex-world champions if you train at a big name gym, but there is a big difference between sparring with 16 ounce gloves and headgear against a guy that is just looking to get rounds and polish his skills, and a real fight where a pro gets paid to hurt you. and doing a bareknuckle Underground fight against an experienced guy 80 pounds bigger than you is an even bigger step.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    i think whoopass.tv has the gannon/kimbo fight. vicious brawl between two huge men with big balls and no fear. more than 500 pounds of beef bouncing off the walls.

the rules weren't that fair tho. kimbos team was afraid of gannons wrestling,jiu-jitsu and other skills, so they banned groundfighting and kicking. would have been a much shorter fight otherwise.

MaxRep - agreed

it was funny when kimbo tried to do a double-leg takedown (or football tackle, whatever) and then it was countered with a gullotine choke, and the corner came rushing in complaining of grappling when kimbo initiated it

in Kimbos defence though, he was choked a couple times with a guillotine

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Can someone post the video that shows this guy getting his ass kicked? I must see this.

There is a lot of smack on this board from guys saying that he is not that great etc. Can I be the first to say that I would run as fast as I could away from this guy. Just looking at this guy makes me want to start crying.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    MaxRep - agreed

it was funny when kimbo tried to do a double-leg takedown (or football tackle, whatever) and then it was countered with a gullotine choke, and the corner came rushing in complaining of grappling when kimbo initiated it

in Kimbos defence though, he was choked a couple times with a guillotine

for the record, thats no defense. the rules banned groundfighting. regardless of how much kimbos team whined, standing subs were 100% legal. so were the knees. kicking was clearly defined as striking with any part of the shin or foot. knees are neither. you can hardly blame gannon for the ignorance or bad sportsmanship of kimbo's team. they wanted to play with the big boys. and real pros play rough.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    even kimbos takedown was legal (a takedown isn't groundfighting). for all the whining and posturing, the only rules violation was kimbo's ground and pound - a rule his team had insisted on, otherwise a fighter with gannon's wrestling and jiu jitsu background would have made short work of him.

and even after kimbos GnP, gannon didn't go for (a completely justified) ground submission, he simply got to his feet, folllowing the rules even when his opponent didn't. and when he knocked kimbo down, he backed off and let him get back up, instead of going for his own GnP.

Haha, I've seen this before. I'm still dying to see a clip of him knock someone out cold. "This is how a nigga eat." lol Thats precious

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    sorry, the next tape is him trying to fight a pro MMA fighter and getting knocked out himself. even with rules that strongly favored him.

just playing the devils advocate here

Kimbo really didnt get KOd in that last video, he was just severely fatigued and pretty much just gave up on himself

Anymore videos with him?

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    just playing the devils advocate here

Kimbo really didnt get KOd in that last video, he was just severely fatigued and pretty much just gave up on himself
    a keen insight. he wasn't KOed, he was just tired. in fact, he dominated every moment of that fight. except for the parts where gannon would hit him and he would fall down and not move for extended periods of time. he was actually just using the secret eastern relaxation technique of horizontal resting and deep breathing to conserve energy, while his opponent wastes his energy landing punches and running around with his hands in the air celebrating. now thats domination!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Rep
    a keen insight. he wasn't KOed, he was just tired. in fact, he dominated every moment of that fight. except for the parts where gannon would hit him and he would fall down and not move for extended periods of time. he was actually just using the secret eastern relaxation technique of horizontal resting and deep breathing to conserve energy, while his opponent wastes his energy landing punches and running around with his hands in the air celebrating. now thats domination!
    they were both tired, gannon obviously had better cardio

and no kimbo wasnt KOd in the traditional sense, he was fatigued and could no longer fight

well first of all, according to your profile your 18 years old, so im going to have to say that no you havent boxed 2 ex world champions

second, kicking is a fairly huge part of striking, so your contradicting yourself in the same sentence.

unless your willing to put up videos on the internet with your fights, you cant talk trash (or in your words, you cant back it up)
    yea i'm only 18 but i've been street fighting since 1st grade just like every1 else and been boxing with my brother since i was 12 and little time in the gym before then also. and some sparring. i was just saying he wouldn't hit me cause my reflexs are to quick and my countering is smooth. i didn't contradict my self i just dont like kicking but i've thrown sone knees before aginst guys. when i find someone to fight i'll tape it and post it here for you'll. boxing is in my blood, just like the marines(both my parents). yea i havent lost golden glove like the last 4 or 5 years. and two years ago i got paid to go to national and got ranked 5. and lost a bs fight at ringside nationals. last year for showing off.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    i'm not saying you aren't a good striker (i think you can be a good striker without being a kicker), but i think you're underestimating these guys.

i believe that you were ranked #5 at the ringside nationals....but based on your age and the time frame, that was a Junior Olympic event not an adult, open class event. there is a big difference between JO and real open class events. have you won a regional Golden Gloves title yet, or just the JO "silver mittens" stuff?

the point i'm trying to make is that gannon has some legit Golden Gloves titles and experience, and even he had a hard time putting kimbo down. and gannon is more than a 100 pounds heavier than you.

it's a lot easier to say it than to do it. when that tape first came out, all kinds of different martial arts guys spouted off about how easily they could beat him. but when he posted that open challenge, only one guy had the balls to take him up on it.

yea thats true max rep but i only said it because i'd actually wanna try to go against him because my skill. i know his cousin and was going to box him but he's too wierd, but i went threw a matureing stage when i strated vs pros and know i had my mens fight and stopped a guy from austin and i'm waiting to go back to nationals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information