Thread: Uechi Ryu

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member

Uechi Ryu

The style i'm most firmilar with... Teaches us everything from... Striking, Groundwork, Sprawling, Submission, Pressure points, Kicks, blocking, proper stance, and ofcourse the Uechi conditioning... Where our bodies are conditioned to take blows with realitive ease as we condition the arms, legs, stomach to take impact... We generally concern ourselves with blocking the face, solar plexes, and ribs... For these places are quite hard to condition... You can never condition your head to take blows, and the solar plexes is always everyones weak area... Just wondering if anyone else on the board had the chance to give Uechi Ryu a try... It is in my opinion one of the best fighting styles in the world.

Cyto78 is offline Junior Member
    I believe I once seen this style on the discovery channel.Looked brutal .......these guys looked like they were oblivious to pain.Full on neck,groin,stomache,etc....shots with hardly a flench!Looked pretty bad ass.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I love doing it, but ofcourse... i'm a badass
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyto78
    I believe I once seen this style on the discovery channel.Looked brutal .......these guys looked like they were oblivious to pain.Full on neck,groin,stomache,etc....shots with hardly a flench!Looked pretty bad ass.

hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    The style is JUJITSU. I come from Minami Ryu JUJITSU a similar style! Osu! Only thing is it is better/smarter to move off the line of attack and not get hit than to block with your face or nutts...
    Or block at all for that matter!
    Still it looks impressive!

More Power is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyto78
    I think that Juka ryu your posting about, not uechi ryu. Uechi ryu does use shimi testing, where they strike the body and legs to check stance.

I have a nidan in karate shorin blend, but I have also studied goju ryu which is the red headed step child of uechi ryu. Very hard core if you find the right teacher, it's not mma mind you, but it's not supposed to be.

kaorialfred is offline Member

DUDE, do you drop that shot ball on your foot?

show us a pic of your calous toe. I had the old bowling pin teacher. A friend had one that used a mallet. There was a guy here in Florida that was suppose to be high up on the ranks for the style. I forgot where his school is.
    GeoQuad have you seen any of the old footage of some of the old masters. I saw it once at a seminar, unfreakin beliveable.

Thread Information