Thread: BJJ Places

JT2k is offline Associate Member

BJJ Places

Whats up compadres i was wondering what to look for when picking a place to learn BJJ.. ? The closest place to me is ran by instructors who trained with some guy named Jorge Gurgel with Team Ground Zero? Does that ring a bell to anyone.... ?? Should i be looking for any kind of certifications if so what? Thanks for the reply's in advance.

here is what the website says about the school

Besides Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, we also cross-train in Judo, Boxing, Submission Wrestling, & Street Fighting Concepts. We also have a No-Holds-Barred Team! This type of cross-training has allowed our students to not only have a basic understanding of how to overcome any type of "real fighting situation", but to compete at a very high level in both Grappling & Fighting competitions!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I've little or no experience on BJJ however I like a club which cross trains in all the above. Judo, for their take downs, boxing, to get your hands going but what about MT or even kickboxing?, perferably MT?..Are they training Vale Tudo?.

fefespbeto is offline Associate Member
    im brazilian,,,,ive been doing bjj with rickson and ryan since 1994...and the only place where u gonna find a good gym is in NY OR CALFIRFORNIA....theres like 2 good ones in NY and 3 or 4 in california....im in vegas right know...we got a lot of bjj gyms here...bull****..i went in all....they got no ideia what is bjj..........

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I've little or no experience on BJJ however I like a club which cross trains in all the above. Judo, for their take downs, boxing, to get your hands going but what about MT or even kickboxing?, perferably MT?..Are they training Vale Tudo?.

Bouncer I dont know. Im going to go check out the place on Monday. NYC/Cali arent an option for me.... Thanks for the reply's though

Thread Information