bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

thai boxing low kick

Hurts my thigh like a mofo! What can I do to minimize the pain from impact, more muscle on the thigh, less muscle, or is it just a matter of exercise and getting used to it?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Well I'm not in a position to give advice, since I'm going throught the same pain barrier since starting Vale Tudo. I kickbox but we don't use low kicks, and of course my Judo doesn't allow any kicks. I'm guessing its conditioning and, well, just sucking up the pain and getting used to it.

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    im taking muay thai for almost 2 years now, first couple of weeks i couldn't move my body i was in so much pain, but your body adapts, make sure to ice your legs after a workout and stretch before. in a short while you won't feel the pain anymore.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Thnx a lot bros

Alfamale is offline Associate Member
    You are not suppose to get kicks on your thighs that can end up a match as fast as a kick in the head...Check distance and relax your body and be fast whit your guard.
    Good luck.

ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member
    Try boxing liniment, I know a lot of Thai Boxers that use this stuff before and after a fight and training. It smells very strong like Bengay or IcyHot but it does work. I would put it on my shins and thighs before training and use ice 15 minutes on 15 minutes off for an hour after training. That helped alot.

http://www.fairtexgear.com/html_docu...tem.asp?p_id=9

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeTudoFighter
    Try boxing liniment, I know a lot of Thai Boxers that use this stuff before and after a fight and training. It smells very strong like Bengay or IcyHot but it does work. I would put it on my shins and thighs before training and use ice 15 minutes on 15 minutes off for an hour after training. That helped alot.

http://www.fairtexgear.com/html_docu...tem.asp?p_id=9

Sounds like Tiger Balm, great stuff. I use it all the time, esp. for my knuckles.

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    i trained mui tai for 4 years, and am currenlty training in bjj/vale tudo...with mui tai i had to get used to it, alot of brusing, once u do enough reps on the heavy kicking bag u will be kool...it takes time effort and if u tough it out u will be kool...also i recoomend getting a kicking bag at home and do what i did...in the morning before work or school kick it 100 times each side...takes about 5mins...then at night after your training session when u r real sore, do that again...then ice and icey hot it...then u will really strgthen your legs...it worked well for me

Thread Information