KAEW44 is offline Senior Member

Wanderelei vs Couture ...looks like it will happen

I just saw the post fight conference of the UFC, it seems like the UFC are very persistent on pushing the Randy Couture vs Silva fight! The two fighters are very different in styles and type of experience...so before anyone calls out a 'he'll win for sure..' lets analyze a little.......

Wanderlei Silva-
    ADVANTAGES:
    Extremely powerful, both striking and grappling...many think he's just a strong striker but he's proven before that he's at no risk when put on his back...he is actually a strong striker when he's on the bottom!!! Very aggressive and very brutal....too strong for anyone his weight in Pride!!
    He mentioned on the brazialin magazine site Tatame that he developed a new training that makes his punching power much stronger...and guess what? after he mentioned that he brutally KO's his opponenets easily with very few punches...he has that one hit KO power. Good clinch fighter
    DISADVANTAGES:
    His fighting style strongly favours Pride rules! he cannot do very well without kicking and kneeing downed opponents and using his stomps! He has been unfortunate in the cage before because of restricting rules. He's great as long as the rules are like pride rules! Can be taken down easily.

Randy Couture:
    ADVANTAGES:
    Over-experienced, easily closes the distance on strikers, excellent takedowns, and excellent ground game! Ground and pound genious...very confident and his fighting style is designed to take advantage of the octagon. Can work both on top and on the bottom, and he can strike very accuratly. Excellent clinch and excellent cardio.
    DISADVANTAGES:
    many losses when fighting in a ring in the past! fighting style is at a disadvantage in the ring. Striking power is not like wanderlei.

I say its all abotu the rules they fight in, wanderlei would win in the ring, couture would win in the octagon. In UFC rules wanderlei is too conditioned to pride, he would easily get disqualified.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know, but its going to be a good one, I cant see couture not taking him down

tallyjuice is offline Member
    i just got back from Vegas. This was one of the best UFC's I have ever seen, and it was my first time in Vegas. Killer time! I was really disappointed with Belfort. He turned into a ounching bag. ****in terrible.

hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    As much as i hate to admit it being a Jujitsu guy .......I would bet that Couture is stronger all around than Wand... (remember he cut to light heavyweight)
    Maby wand is more of a KO puncher, but I have to agree Nickrizz, Coutour will ground him, his controll of a downd apponent is amazing, i think he will pound on wand till the ref stopps just like Vitor.
    Wands only chance it to catch him comming in.... Hey this sounds alot like the Tyson/Shamrock argument...lol To me, it will take a very strong and skilled submission expert to submit Couture, kinda like BJ Pen did Matt Huges... Huges controlled and pounded on alot of guys till, skill provailed... In my opinion, altho Wand and Vitor are Brazilian and good at submissions, they are more strikers in MMA than anything... This dosn't match up well aginst Randy, how can you beat him with ground and pound furthermore, Rizzo couldnt KO him??? Hmmmmm Norgera/Couture or Fedor/Couture.....??? what do ya think?

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    you tell me where they are fighting (ring/octagon) and I'll tell you a winner.

If Couture can't clinch and use the octagon he's screwed. That is all his fight is.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Your not allowed to knee or kick to the face when the opponent is on all fours in UFC right?

your right nsa

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    I like Couture alot, and I hate Silva cuz he's brazilian and I hate them, so i guess I'd like to see Couture win. But part of me just wants to see silva cut him up with all kinds of knees and elbows and finish him with a roundhouse kick to the head.

I think Couture will win, but i think he will get a little ****ed up.

i like couture because he calls everyone out, he will fight anyone

fefespbeto is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    I like Couture alot, and I hate Silva cuz he's brazilian and I hate them, so i guess I'd like to see Couture win. But part of me just wants to see silva cut him up with all kinds of knees and elbows and finish him with a roundhouse kick to the head.

I think Couture will win, but i think he will get a little ****ed up.
    so do u hate brazilian people...i don't blame u....we hate american people too

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    they should use pride's rules. Silva needs to stomp!

Like to see Pride buy the UFC(keep the name the same), offer UFC owner part ownership in the overall pride org. They could pump a heck of a lot of money into the UFC. We should be able to put 30,000 fans in a stadium over here.

and bring back the old rules

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Including headbutts!

and no gloves

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fefespbeto
    so do u hate brazilian people...i don't blame u....we hate american people too
    I dont hate brazillians but I do hate how they always pull the guard like little beeotches in all the tournaments.

Vitor Ennnergy is offline Junior Member
    I would love to see another show of feaky wandīs kneesīn elbows on yankee head... just like he did with Karl malenko.

fefespbeto is offline Associate Member
    ele vai vitor.,..c ele pega o couture ja era...o couture vai ve o replay quando acorda..rs

Thread Information