unclemoney is offline Senior Member

martial arts and board breaking.....

Hey... was bored the other day and had my friend hold up a board.... punched it my hardest I knocked my friend over,,, Just wondering how they do their "punches" that doesn't seem to put force on the person holding it just on the board... no wut i mean or wut?

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    any 1?

USN DV is offline Associate Member

Board breaking

I'm not sure what size the board was, but the standard board is 12in by 12in by 1in. It is better to have two holders on the board standing in a front stance (1 shoulder wide 2 shoulder length, 70-80% of there wieght on the front leg) also you want to stike into the grain. you can tell by the lines in the side of the board. Also have your holders turn thier head to the side so they don't get splinters in face.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Board breaking is a complete waste of time. Spend your time sparring and running technique and conditioning drills instead. When was the last time a board attacked someone or threatened to kick some ass? You want to impress chicks, get a haircut and buy a nice shirt, board breaking ain't gonna do squat for you.

Aku
    Aku is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Hey... was bored the other day and had my friend hold up a board.... punched it my hardest I knocked my friend over,,, Just wondering how they do their "punches" that doesn't seem to put force on the person holding it just on the board... no wut i mean or wut?
    Here it is, not in true pin-point breakdown on the "how"...but more of an insight...
    First get a good holder....one that does not ride the punch so to speak, he will get you injured.
    Next know how to throw a punch using only your big knuckle. With this as the main focus to a target, the energy that transpire from you to the knuckle to the board will be more focuse and will split the board, opposed to hitting the surface with the whole hand, causing the push....
    but more importantly snap your punch that will add to the focused energy....
    if you split the board nice and clean you transfered your energy well...
    if you break the board into various pieces, your energy was all over the place...
    now, if you grab the stone out of my hand, you will have learned.

Thread Information