Elysium is offline Productive Member

muay thai - this sh!t is crazy

hey guys

just watched a program on muay thai, showed schools of kids starting from the age of 6 learning the art of muay thai.

they are absolutely crazy, wouldnt want to fight someone trained in the art of muay thai. the american/british version is known as kickboxing, which actually was created in the 80's. its quite similar but no where near as brutal.

in muay thai they use elbows and such, they had this guy that was known for a roudhouse kick that would break peoples ribs, in over half of his fights he used this move and broke ribs.

these guys are hardcore!!!

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah those guys are excellent fighters and tough as hell but those judo guys like the Gracies from South America are even tougher. They tie you up and break your bones.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    Yeah those guys are excellent fighters and tough as hell but those judo guys like the Gracies from South America are even tougher. They tie you up and break your bones.
    You mean jiu jitsu, not judo. And muay thai is one of the best martial arts for striking. I trained in it for 3 years. My trainer was a former pro muay thai fighter, and i got my ass beat daily lol. It was fun times though.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Gracie's are a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu family and it is their version of Ju-Jitsu.....

I am a purple belt at Gracie Barra

decadbal is offline Banned
    took it for about 2 years and loved it, still would love to get back into it, just bodybuilding is more important.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I saw a tape with real muay thai. IMHO it is real martial art.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    I saw a tape with real muay thai. IMHO it is real martial art.
    Why, have you heard that it was not an Martial Art?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I've lived in thailand for several months before...muay thai is the gutter sport there thas why the start so young because they have to make money somehow, its not hobby or fun thing, its very serious to them because it means the difference between eating the next day or not!
    Its brutal and very effective for stand up and clinch fighting, btu be careful not to train exactly like the thai's because they all get arthiritis and horrible bone/joint problems at a young age due to the lack of safety in those fights.
    If you want to be a complete fighter then learn mua thai for stand-up and brazilian jiu jitsu for the ground, and some wrestling wont hurt either for improving takedowns and using strength to hold positions.

Thread Information