THA GONZ is offline Associate Member

HOPKINS/DE LA HOYA predictions

I think it will go the full 12 and Hopkins will win by decison. It will be a slow paced first 6 or 7 rounds if Hopkins has his way and then the action should pick up. De La Hoya will have to be very aggresive in order to change Hopkins game plan and to do that he will have to be in superior shape.

tallyjuice is offline Member
    this is gonna be a war. I hope De La Hoya takes it.

Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    Go Oscar.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    I have to be realistic and pick B-Hop. Oscar will fade once again, and either lose a decision or get KOd/TKOd. I sure hope he's been running in the mountains though, so that it can be an enjoyable fight. :spudniklu

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    I think its going to be so boring, no knockout probably decision, little flurrys but nothing that great

jonny boy wales is offline Junior Member
    Personaly i think theres going to be a knockout iether way both boxers are at a time in there carear where they need to impress...lets face it if hopkins wins move up a wieght big money in fighting galzache and if oscar wins then personaly i think hes the best middle wieght to enter the ring in my life time up till now...hopkins is slippery but aint scared to throw a biggun and oscar aint scared to get tangled up so verdict is KNOCKOUT* by who i wouldnt like to say but best of luck to both of them...and lets make history

ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member
    I think it will go the distance for a unanimous Hopkins victory. He is going to bully Oscar around the ring and work the body big time. I think Hopkins will knock Oscar down late, around the 9th round. I see it being a one sided, slow paced fight. Looking forward to it though.

rob35145 is offline Junior Member
    Hopkins - 8th round KO

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy wales
    Personaly i think theres going to be a knockout iether way both boxers are at a time in there carear where they need to impress...lets face it if hopkins wins move up a wieght big money in fighting galzache and if oscar wins then personaly i think hes the best middle wieght to enter the ring in my life time up till now...hopkins is slippery but aint scared to throw a biggun and oscar aint scared to get tangled up so verdict is KNOCKOUT* by who i wouldnt like to say but best of luck to both of them...and lets make history

If Oscar attempts to come out and fight like he did against Sturm and throw 106 punches a round then, 1 he had better be in much better shape than he was then, and 2 Hopkins isn't stupid enough to get pulled into a dog fight.
    Hopkins will just sit back, jab and move and let oscar wear himself down before he attacks. Usually somewhere around the 7th round you'll see Hopkins start becoming alot more aggressive.

If Oscar comes out and fights a slower paced fight than it should probably make for a pretty boring fight, IMO. Oscar definatly has an advantage with his speed but it's only usefull if he can get close enough to use it.

Alot of people claim Hopkins is a boring fighter at times and honestly I can agree, but anyone who knows about boxing knows that he is also one of the smartest fighters around and doesn't take many stupid chances.

This is a fight to make or break both fighters legacy and yes they probably will step it up abit. Who knows I could be wrong and they could both come out to prove something and swing away, but I don't believe that either will risk much to prove anything or please the crowd.

The one thing I've noticed is Oscar seems to fear Hopkins in ways and I think that is gonna hurt him.
    Even if De La Hoya can somehow take an early lead on points, he has a tendancy to run the last few rounds of the fihgt when he leads on the score cards and Hopkins will take full advantage of that.

My Prediction is that it will go 12 with a unanimous decison for Hopkins.
    Last edited by THA GONZ; 09-17-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Hopkins will win, however, i will be pulling for the Golden Boy!!!

Megadeth is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

I think I'd give it to Hopkins by decision, but I'm definitely rooting for Oscar. Oh yea....has anyone seen Oscars new reality show? The Next Great Champ? Killer show. Check it out fer sure.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Oscar looked like SH!T last fight.Hopkins is bigger and stronger. Hopkins in 12.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Hopkins is coming to bring that pain baby...

Oscar better man up and fight hard or else...

It's gonna be a good one i think... Bernard

has alot to prove and this is his big chance...

Hopkins...

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Hopkins will knock him out!!!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    De La Hoya is going to be seriously embarrased!!!!!

Kato is offline Member
    de la o got a cut on his hand, not sure when or how, and it required stitches.

this might change some minds!

Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    Hopkins will knock him the **** out

jonny boy wales is offline Junior Member

Winner

Looks like hopkins won nice blow to the body glad it wasnt a boring fight and now lets see him move a wieght and fight galzache because shhhh it would be a great fight...coming from wales my self i got to go with joe

Thread Information