Thread: Should I fight.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Should I fight.

Chance for me to fight in MMA in december. Started a bulking cycle though that I am already half way through. If I start training for this fight I would have to up my running a lot and possible lead to not a lot of gains . What do you guys think?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Whats your fight and training experience? I know what u mean though because cardio and conditioning are essential to MMA competing and doing hard on the cardio does limit bulking gains, especially if your trying to cut weight.
    I would say fight if u are ready to fight and do your cardio, just use creatine+glutamine after workouts and glutamine before goint to bed to prevent yoru muslces from going catabolic, u will gain less mass but it will be quality mass, not water and fat.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    i say go for it bro.... you dont get to many chances for that!!

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    go for it bro but I would start to focus on your wind cause fighting is all cardio

Very little boxing experience and training but submission is my forte'. If I do get in the fight which I probaly will. I will work with one of my friends who is very good at boxing.

weight won't be a factor. it is 200 up heavyweight. i'm 265 right now

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    what event are you fighting in?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I would'nt do it personally, why fight when you cannot be 100%?

Finish your cycle properly and then later train properly for a MMA fight.

MsHeadBanger is offline Junior Member
    I agree with murilo.

jonnyblade is offline New Member
    My advice is be prepared, you should be able to box/kickbox at a proffessional level and wrestle at an olympic level, cause you can easily run into guys that can do both, my friend made the mistake of going for the UFC thinking he was tough, (still toughest guy I ever met) but he got beat some bad, and they guy that beat him got the same done to him in the trials.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    265? your one big mofo

i'll be seeing you slaughter your opponents in the UFC soon enough

LOL not quit yet GQ. This will be my first fight in a ring. It is a indy promotion, desperatly need to work on the stand up, but if I get it to the ground I think I pull off a sub.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Al right dude, first of all dont listen to the guy that said you need to be a professional this and a olympic that. If thats the case then you will never get any experience. I am an experienced fighter. Dont let my newb status fool you. You will always have a chance to fight. There are tons of events out there. I personally have never juiced but I train with guys that do and I have faught guys that do. I am just curious, what is your BF% at your weight? If you are fat and your wind is not good, then I would not fight. I personnaly think that if your are juicing cuz you think big muscles will help you win the fight then you should stop juicing or stop fighting. If you want to be a good fighter then make sure you have good endurance, Make sure you can take a hit, and make sure you work on technique (striking or submission). All of those factors come into play in a fight and more; like heart, focus, and SELF CONTROL. The more ring experience you get the better you will be. Ring experience I think deals mainly with how well you controll the huge rush of adrenaline you get and how to deal with the roar of the crowd, lights, between rounds, sizeing up fighters, etc. etc. Fight if you want to. Its not like you will die or anything. Its probably safer than juicing. But next time make sure you have at least four months of hard training before your next fight.

My bf right now is about 20% or so. I have juiced before but never intended to fight just kind of an opporunity that popped up. Working on technique right now as it is. this cycle will be over soon, and when pct is over i'm going to up the cardio and make me a diet that will allow me to maintain a good weight, without all the cardio plumiting my muscle. this fight is taking place in march so I have some time to work on some things.

Thread Information