What makes FEDOR so good?

Fedor is without question the best MMA fighter of all time...undisputed.
    He is fighting in the most competitve organization (and todays mma is alot more competitive than it ever was).

THis guy has been champion for a long time and is UNDEFEATED (his record shows one loss but that was due to a cut 17 seconds into fight). HE fights the best fighterts all of the time and handles them with ease...he beat Mirko Cro Cop standing. Look at the UFC...arovski last 2 fights-buentello and eilers, who are they?

His undefeated record, and his quality of competition is unmatched.

THE QUESTION IS>> What makes FEDOR so good. Looking at him you would not be intimidated at all...many guys are alot bigger and more athletic with a lot of technique and they still get their ass whipped by fedor....what is it with this guy?

simm is offline Senior Member
    My old instructor here in england,fought Fedor in RINGS organisation..He stated that fedor is seriously strong and can punch like hell.lol..
    My opinion is that he has great balance/judo/sombo and very good boxing skills..The main thing is putting these sports into the mma combination and reading your opponent..Look at fedors emotions and expression..He is a very clever and knowledgeble man..He can just adapt to each fight and opponent..His technique and power are a great combination,along with his speed!!! He will retire undefeated..imo

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    He is so damn calm and has no expression in is face when he hits.

To be quit honest i dont see anyone right now that could come even close in beating Fedor.

But i would pay good money to see him fight Arlovski who is wasting is time in UFC right now

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    But i would pay good money to see him fight Arlovski who is wasting is time in UFC right now
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing! I always like Fedor and after this latest fight with CroCop it solidified what I always knew (but didn't want to admit), that there is no one that can fight Fedor except for maybe Arlovski. Arlovski needs to get the hell out of the UFC and move to Pride!

I do not think that Arlovski would have a chance....he looks good now, but he is in the UFC. THey say he has a weak chin....Fedor outstruck cro cop , so you know he can outstrike arlovski.....I see Feodr dominating theat fight.

I dont wanna take nothing away from Cro Cop i am a fan of course but Arlovski is really fast with is punches, he kocked down Tim Sylvia and he is an impressive big man.

My real point here is that Arlovski is wasting is time right now fighting second grade fighters in UFC, of course he is making money and all but if i really wants to take it up a notch and be a better fighter then the choice is clear he needs to move to Pride.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Only 1 problem with Arlovski...He seems to have a weak chin when really involved in a fight..ie..Datsik...Fedor would take the p*** out of arlovski..Ufc level is a joke compared to pride..Ufc is as good as kotc imo...Pride fighters have everything...The power that Arlovski put the ankle lock on sylvia with was pathetic compared to the submission power fedor has!!!

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    What I think makes Fedor such a great fighter is his ability to inflict damage from the guard. He's the one guy you cannot feel comfortable with in your guard. He fights for a dominating top position as a wrestler or Judoka MAY do and sticks with it. He sat in the most dangerous guards of all time (nogs) with no fear of submission. To me that is what makes him great, his fearlessness of submissions. This fearlesness and his insane punching velocity allow him to have the best ground and pound in the game.

I was truly amazed though when he dominated the stand up with Mirko. I figured he would win that fight but I was shocked he had Mirko moving around him so much. He turned Mirko into a counter puncher.

The only time I have ever really seen Fedor in trouble is in the Heath Herring fight. He was killing Heath throughout the fight but towards the end Heath ended up North South/ k-shiho gatame/4-quarter hold and Fedor didn't look to comfortable. Of course Fujita rocked him too for a few seconds!

You know what, if you were to take away Fedord gnp you would have a different fighter. When he fought Arona in rings he could not GNP. Some people have argued Arona won that fight. I disagree but had they fought in an organisation like Pride or UFC. Arona would have lasted as long as Goodridge. Therefore I dont even count that fight( even though he still won=))

What's next for this guy?
    Last edited by Gmill13; 10-19-2005 at 08:37 PM.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    Ill tell you whats up with this dude, Hes the "Russian Experement!!" Enough said! He also had a brother he trained with his whole life. Alot can be said from that. I have a twin and it helped me win every street fight Ive ever been in. Matt Hughes and Nogera also have twins. TWIN POWER!!!!

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Fedor is the best because :

1-The smartest fighter ever, smart not only in preperation but in improvising aswell, hsi recovery from Randlemans suplex slam showed he was more than determined to win even after being put in a spine crushing move!

2-Very brave and his emotions are focused on "getting the job done", almost all fighters have too many phsycological obstacles, ex: cro-cop and his corner were discouraged because Vos was in Fedors corner and that reminded them of old K-1 days when they lost to his fighters, Georges St.Pierre feeling down because the UFC crowd over-cheered for Matt Hughes and made many anti-canadian remarks, Tito afraid of chuck lidell because chuck used to beat him in training, there are too many examples that show people losing or not performing their best because of phycological obstacles, Fedor doesnt have these! he goes in ther to get the job done, no emotions whatsoever.

3-Life situation, Fedor was dirt poor in a country that was suffering economically and he was forced to join the army while his brother was serving time in prison for armed robbery, basically the life situation was crappy , worse than any american who is a poor fighter. This makes Fedor really go out there and fight for his life because its the only way he can make decent money and even then alot of that money is taken away by taxes and by the organized crime group who put together his current team Red Devil sports club which is the shadiest group of organizers and owners ever. So the man is literally doing this to put food on the table and he takes that seriously!!

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Only one reason..Fedor has the heavyest hands in the buisness Bar none( I am crocop fan and although I think Fedors chin is not the greatest, the way he slipped and didnt get hit by a real clean punch the whole fight and stood up to mirko made me a fan for life of Fedor)

To be honest, the thread should have been called, Who could beat Fedor.

Fedor is undefeated in MMA, there is even a clip of him submitting is brother in a Jui Jistu competition, the guy is calm, has no expression on is face when he hits, has this unik way of flurry punching is opponant then going for a takedown and is a great escape artist, this is why Nogeira could never submit him.

I will admit that i really tought Cro Cop would end is winning streak but Damn Fedor manage to make a fool out of Cro Cop even in that fight?????

Would Arlovski be able to beat Fedor, probably not, even if he is fast and a real power house when he hits.

Right now there is no top heavyweight that can beat Fedor, unless you get a lucky punch like Randleman did with Cro Cop at least year Pride GP Tourney.

Not even Tank Abbott, not even Cabbage, bit Tim Sylvia.

There is another rumour going around that my man Quinton Rampage would like to bulk up a bit and get into the Heavyweight mix.

This would be a big mistake cause i saw rampage fight at 220 plus pounds he was chubby, gased out frequantly, and got beat by the worst MMA fighter out there Marvin Eastman, YUKE.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    why doesn't he fight in the ufc and be their champ? moneys pretty good

Wink Omg No

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    No Bro that is so untrue UFC sucks when it comes to paying fighters.

Pride has so much to offer, there is no one in UFC that can beat Fedor no one.

Dentokan is offline New Member
    No Bro that is so untrue UFC sucks when it comes to paying fighters.

Pride has so much to offer, there is no one in UFC that can beat Fedor no one.
    I agree, I doubt anyone in MMA right now could beat him. I believe that Pride is superiour compared to UFC. Ask Chuck the Ice Man what he thinks? Ask him to go take another trip to Tokyo and fight Rampage Jackson the king of the slam. I have had this talk with a few co workers whos MMA experience dates back to TUF half way through season 1. And yes Fedor is one calm dude his brother looks the same when he comes in to fight.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy

LOL

The UFC could'nt afford Fedor if their life depended on it.

Wand is rumoured to make $400k a fight, Fedor is making similar whereas the highest paid fighter in the UFC is Couture and he is only making $225k and thats with a win bonus.

Dentokan is offline New Member
    Here is a good article about if Fedor and Arlovski fought.

http://www.mmafighting.com/columns/rousseau/051030.html

goose is offline Banned
    I remeber in an interview with he stated that he is always scared before fights,when the fight starts he hears nothing,not the crowd-NOTHING.When your in the ring your mind plays tricks with you.

goose4....

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    anybody have any good highlight videos of fedor??

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Fedor runs between 5-9 miles a day. He has intense cardio with MMA specific body weight and polymetric excerises. He has the most refined ground and pound to date. Also he excutes his game plan perfectly for example with Mirko he pressured him not allowing him so much to stalk and set up his Left high kick. His background in Sambo and Judo allow for him to have great takedowns and takedown defense. I mean the elite wrestler like Coleman took him down but struggled to hold him their before Fedor pulled out the text book armbar.His submission are excellent along with submission defense look to the Nog fights if you want to see his submission defense. Also he said he is able to clear his mind before he fights which allows him to compete with only that fight on his mind. These in my eyes are a few of the reasons he is so great oh yeah and is devasting ground and pound

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    Arlovski wouldnt last 3 min.
    Last edited by davinci191; 12-18-2005 at 11:08 AM.

He is so damn calm and has no expression in is face when he hits.

To be quit honest i dont see anyone right now that could come even close in beating Fedor.

well you would be wasting a shit load of money

Kraye is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    anybody have any good highlight videos of fedor??
    If you have Morpheus you can download quite a few of Fedor's fights. If you don't its a free download. Pride and UFC figths are in abbundance for download on Morpheus.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i have a bunch of fedor highlights............anyway I think it's a combo of things that makes him so good

1. He's very well rounded.......he isnt exceptional at any one thing, good stand up but not great, good subs but not great, well above average sub defense and well above average ground and pound. He's more well rounded than any other fighter.

2. He doesnt get emotional about anything in the ring. I've seen him mad once and that was the Kohsaka fight which he was cut, other than that he doesnt let any emotions get to him.

3 Just a great physical ability to impose himself i.e balance, grappling ability, strength etc

Plus plenty of others.............in fact when Voronov trained fedor he said that, fedor wasnt nearly one of his best students and took FOREVER to catch on to how sambo worked and would have never forseen him becoming a world champion in sambo.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone have a pic of Fedor?

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    i have a bunch of fedor highlights............anyway I think it's a combo of things that makes him so good

1. He's very well rounded.......he isnt exceptional at any one thing, good stand up but not great, good subs but not great, well above average sub defense and well above average ground and pound. He's more well rounded than any other fighter.

2. He doesnt get emotional about anything in the ring. I've seen him mad once and that was the Kohsaka fight which he was cut, other than that he doesnt let any emotions get to him.

3 Just a great physical ability to impose himself i.e balance, grappling ability, strength etc

Plus plenty of others.............in fact when Voronov trained fedor he said that, fedor wasnt nearly one of his best students and took FOREVER to catch on to how sambo worked and would have never forseen him becoming a world champion in sambo.
    In addition to all those things the one major killer asset is his ability to throw effective and devastating strikes in the guard which for most is hard!

Thread Information