Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Should Heavyweights move down a class?

the reason that I ask is because when I cut for my fight in febuary I will be around 230-240 about 10%BF. If I got owned in heavyweight do you think that, moving down to 205 would be a bad thing? I'm about 6'3

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I think there's too many variables at play here. Are you a natural heavy weight?. If you can hold 205 naturally and feel better there I'd say stay there. I'm a natural 250 +/- however I fight better at about 220lbs, but it kills me to stay down there. As soon as a lift heavy again I gain weight very quickly.

Like I said, too many variables come into play. Like your opponent etc. I wish I could stay at 220lbs, but can't

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Everybody says size doesnt matter.... which is true in most cases! But when you get two professional fighters, i believe size can defly gonna be a benefit!! You must first realize what weight you can go up to where it doesnt slow you down.

put it this way, take two of the same person, then add 30 lbs of muscle on one of them, who is more likely to win.... but like bouncer said, to many variables!!! good luck tho!!

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll try heavyweight first at 230 depending on what happens i'll move down or stay

MsHeadBanger is offline Junior Member
    That's ALOT of weight to drop for a fight.

Thread Information