Thread: muay thai

se11 is offline Associate Member

muay thai

anyone ever see this type of fighting? it seems really interesting and intense. anyone know the basics and stuff of it? just wanted to check it out.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    yea its brutal

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Muay Thai is the most effective and most efficient style of stand-up fighting period. The key is who teaches it. I have seen a lot of bulls--tters and feel sorry for the people that go to them. Muay Thai deals with Elbow strikes, knees, punches, throws, and devastating kicks. Its not like the other martial arts are bad but you have to understand one thing. Most of the martial arts gyms/dojos in this county are way wattered down or they plain just train like pussies! Muay Thai is still the best. In Thailand 11 year old kids fight in the ring with pro rules. And they just fight with gloves, a mouthpiece, and a steel cup. There are pro thai fighters out there that weigh maybe a buck thirty or forty that could whup the s--t out of any of the dudes on this forum. It is a bad ass work out, its fun, and you will learn how to fight effectively. When you shop for a place to train, keep a few things in mind; kickboxing and cardiokickboxing is not the same, if the gym is full of a bunch of roided up dudes then I would not train there (no offense guys) they usually have bad attitudes and dont have technique. Usually a place that teaches jiu-jitsu will also have muay thai. Thats because those two are the most effective and efficient fighting styles on the planet(along with judo), and that is why all the pro MMA fighters train in those styles.
    good luck!

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    I have visited a school and i have made my choice to go there next year, after i gained a bit of mass lost so ugly fat and cure the pain in the back.

Its a MMA school and i have seen the muay thai class, its very extreme cardio wise, the training is quit amazing and the sparring has well, knee strikes, leg kicks etc etc.

I havent seen elbows but still it was very brutal.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    muay thai is NO JOKE

se11 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    Muay Thai is the most effective and most efficient style of stand-up fighting period. The key is who teaches it. I have seen a lot of bulls--tters and feel sorry for the people that go to them. Muay Thai deals with Elbow strikes, knees, punches, throws, and devastating kicks. Its not like the other martial arts are bad but you have to understand one thing. Most of the martial arts gyms/dojos in this county are way wattered down or they plain just train like pussies! Muay Thai is still the best. In Thailand 11 year old kids fight in the ring with pro rules. And they just fight with gloves, a mouthpiece, and a steel cup. There are pro thai fighters out there that weigh maybe a buck thirty or forty that could whup the s--t out of any of the dudes on this forum. It is a bad ass work out, its fun, and you will learn how to fight effectively. When you shop for a place to train, keep a few things in mind; kickboxing and cardiokickboxing is not the same, if the gym is full of a bunch of roided up dudes then I would not train there (no offense guys) they usually have bad attitudes and dont have technique. Usually a place that teaches jiu-jitsu will also have muay thai. Thats because those two are the most effective and efficient fighting styles on the planet(along with judo), and that is why all the pro MMA fighters train in those styles.
    good luck!
    do you Muay Thai fight?

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    do you Muay Thai fight?

Yes!

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    there's a muay thai gym close to my house and i must have driven by this place everyday for the last 10 years and i always was curious to have a look. finally 2 years ago i went in and couldn't believe what i seen. there were 2 classes one doing the workout and the 2nd the lesson, people of all ages and sizes training hard and even guys who looked so weak were absolutely destroying the bag with vicious kicks. i signed up after watching the class and have been training 2 years now.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    That is great man!!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i took some muay tai classes in college. i enjoyed it, very interesting style of fighting. i acutally prefered jui juistu more though. something about making someone tap out that feels great.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Muay Thai is awesome yet brutal as hell, my shins just hurt thinking about the Vale Tudo class i used to teach, one guy was really good at Muay Thai and we would throw down hardcore.

I remember the owner saying "You boys need to calmi it down or noones gonna come to this class". I was like oh well, this is not some BS SJJ class, this is a fighting class.

I also learned how most people do not like to get hit, most straight BJJ guys would literally turn and run away. It was all good though.

Arts to learn IMO:

BJJ, Muay Thai & Wrestling!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    We have a great muay thai gym here in Detroit, I have sparred with a couple of guys and they are bad ass.

Thread Information