Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have just got the chance to see the first fight, against the dude named "byrd" or whatever, but in THAT FIGHT. kimbo didnt look that great to me, I mean yeah, he is an almost solid 240lb 6+ tall fighter, which makes him dangerous. But I know a lot of people that are his size or maybe even smaller, that have more striking power then it appeared he has. Now like I said, I havent seen both video's, nor gotten hit by kimbo, so I could be very very wrong.

Peace
    Alex

PS: if anyone knows where I can see the gannon fight please pm me, I cant get that link at the beginning of this thread to work.

bitta is offline Associate Member
    bump for the link

PYGOD is offline Banned

An entertaining and well-marketted guys

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Kimbo is a wannabe. Did you see him land any punches in the first video? The whole eye out of the eye socket...fake! C'mon...you don't think people would be flipping out and calling 9-1-1 or getting him to a hospital ASAP.

Did you see any punches land in the second video!? Not one again. Hmmm...any fight I've seen I seen punches land.

I think Kimbo Slice is an internet sham. Nothing but marketing. He sucks. Let him go the likes of Tank, Cabbage, or Chuck Liddell. He would get killed...and he knows it. So he fights other losers in backyards and rec center basements.

He's a loser guys. Stop the hype.
    Kimbo Slice is a really good street fighter, indeed, at this time he wouldn't stand a chance in the octogone. One of his foe, the Boston cop Sean Cannon tried the MMA and was annihilated under two minutes. So, there is a big difference between a good pro fighter and a good streetfighter. Pro fighters are on another level. MMA fighters trains 8 hours per day, 6 days a week. And a good streetfighter is a tough son of a gun, yes, but the most of their training is at the local bar, boozing, drugging, and pick up fights for nothing.

So, the pro MMA fighters are way too much superior to any untrained streetfighter on earth!

http://www.trafford.com/06-0397

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PYGOD
    Kimbo Slice is a really good street fighter, indeed, at this time he wouldn't stand a chance in the octogone. One of his foe, the Boston cop Sean Cannon tried the MMA and was annihilated under two minutes. So, there is a big difference between a good pro fighter and a good streetfighter. Pro fighters are on another level. MMA fighters trains 8 hours per day, 6 days a week. And a good streetfighter is a tough son of a gun, yes, but the most of their training is at the local bar, boozing, drugging, and pick up fights for nothing.

So, the pro MMA fighters are way too much superior to any untrained streetfighter on earth!

http://www.trafford.com/06-0397
    kimbo probably died of old age by now...this thread is 2 years old.

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    hes definatly something special hes a really good untrained fighter. stop trying to compare him to a mma fighter this guy is a street fighter

napoleon is offline Banned
    Man re-watch the videos.

Kimbo is tough. Are there other tough cats? YES.

But in the backyard or the parking lot, he's decent.

New Orleans is offline New Member

Kimbo is for real!!!

Yeah Shamrock and Lidell will beat him because they kick and use submission holds like B*tches. If you make them fist fight they could not stand toe to toe with Kimbo. They would get knocked out. They train, Kimbo in a natural fighter. He will swallow one of Lidell punches and knock his a** out. Make the majority of those UFC fighters stand up and fight like men and they will get killed. All they want to do is hold and wrestle and try to get a submission hold. Make them stand up and fight with there hands like men.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New Orleans
    Yeah Shamrock and Lidell will beat him because they kick and use submission holds like B*tches. If you make them fist fight they could not stand toe to toe with Kimbo. They would get knocked out. They train, Kimbo in a natural fighter. He will swallow one of Lidell punches and knock his a** out. Make the majority of those UFC fighters stand up and fight like men and they will get killed. All they want to do is hold and wrestle and try to get a submission hold. Make them stand up and fight with there hands like men.

lol make them stand up like "men"... We are all welcome to our own opinions here...but you should really try some of those "bitch" styles before you insult them.

p.s. In the gannon fight (a shitty ufc fighter) they stood up like "men" and it was kimbo who started trying to tackle him. And he still lost.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Even chuck liddell walks around at 220+ lbs and i bet he could beat kimbo in a street fight...Kimbo slice of cake is well over rated imo..

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Well the fight he had sort of the backward brawl with the other huge black guy, the guy punched him in the mouth couple of times, Kimbo wasnt even stunned?

I guess that for a real test he should get an MMA tryout in UFC or Pride, Pride love big guys with no talent, Giant Silva and Bob Sapp.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Stupidest...post...ever...

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Well the fight he had sort of the backward brawl with the other huge black guy, the guy punched him in the mouth couple of times, Kimbo wasnt even stunned?

I guess that for a real test he should get an MMA tryout in UFC or Pride, Pride love big guys with no talent, Giant Silva and Bob Sapp.

Yah, but they were un refined punches... i'd take the punch of an untrained person anyday over a shot from a boxer :|

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    Yah, but they were un refined punches... i'd take the punch of an untrained person anyday over a shot from a boxer :|
    Agreed. Watch the punches. It is clear the guy is quite scared and when he gets his "free shots" he does not make use of them. A good straight to the chin would have sorted Kimbo out. He is an OK street fighter. I would like to see him fight someone half decent instead of three idiots, one who lost because his hair was in the way.

curious1234567 is offline New Member
    what i don't understand is the reference to a good street fighter. Im 24 and have only been in on fight since i was 14, but it was a street fight. And in that fight there was no rules...the way i think of a street fight is two guys show up and two guys fight. The winner is then declared by knocking him out or making the other not want to go on. If rules are in play then it is no longer a street fight...I'm no where near someone to challenge kimbo, but as long as no weapons are used it should be allowed. I saw kimbo hits REALLY hard, but by making gannon stand up and go toe to toe it's more of a boxing match...so why not say he is a good boxer? who hits extremely hard

Standard01 is offline Associate Member
    Holy sh*t, how did you learn to read and write? Kimbo is a dime a dozen, Chuck is one in 100 million.

Shang III is offline Junior Member
    anybody know where I can get a KIMBO T-shirt?

Gas station on MLK street in any city...

Shang III is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    Gas station on MLK street in any city...
    THANKS BRO! I on my way right now, should I bring a gun?

beirut is offline New Member

wow

I read most of the posts....got pretty bored near the end... (Short attention span I guess)

But heres some facts :

1. Kimbo can punch like a TANK. Period. Those MASSIVE knots on some of his opponents big ass mellon heads arent fake...Period. If any of you have ever truly fought anyone in the street, you would know hes got punching power.

2. Does he Gas? hell ya. Hes just like tank, except has more head movement. He fights above the level of a backyard street fighter and keeps track of the target when he swings unlike all his opponents who look away... Meaning ya..hes fighting a bunch of noobs. Plus dont forget he hasnt really had to go more than one round, except the Gannon fight...and look who's head was mangled and deformed after the fight...Gannon. As for Kimbo he was just plain gas'ed.

3. <<<Dont forget this is Bareknuckles. Beginning of UFC was same and oh boy...you see GIANTS getting ridgehanded for a knockout... totally different world with gloves. Does Chuck and the rest of the heavy hitters have a better chance gloveless? hell ya...they are trained pro's with cash. Lots of it now. They have incredible trainers. Hell Tank Abbot never trained for shit...they would drag his ass out of a bar 1 or 2 weeks before a fight and say hey, rdy? he would be like :Hell ya...**** it. Hung ova and all. Tank has incredible knock out power, so does KS. Once again though, lack of training and bad cardio spells DEFEAT unless first round knockout comes into play.

4. The thread started as Kimbo Slice a phoney? lol. Priceless. The blood must be fake, the knots on the head must surely be fake, and a guy who pretty much lives on the street fighting must surely be a fake and really live in a big fat mansion eating lobster and cavi...oh ya...hes a fake. LOL once again Priceless .... Kimbo is a real veteran of the street fighting game of bare knuckles and yes his opponents are 300 pound noobs...but bottomline : Its the streets...hes good at what he does. He can take a hit (as seen in his first fight, and YES he got nailed a good one...didnt phase him...and know that guy WASNT small who hit him..and no they both werent on his chest...lol), and we all know from the knots on those big ass 300 pounders he can certainly punch.

So intead of tearing up the boards bashing a guy for wanting a little attention for the only thing he knows how to do well...Street fighting you should all either encourage him to go pro. (Which btw hes fighting Mercer think June 23? might have date wrong..who knows) or just shut the #$% %^ .....

I'll pay $100 bucks to anyone who wants to take a punch from that beast....straight up. Will u survive? most likely, will it leave a mark? Hell ya. lol

For the guy/guys who called him a wannabe ? please.... he never claimed to be anything but a street fighter. He follows the rules they put forth. Follwos them, gets paid. How bout you all? 9 to 5 job? talking about fighting ? wishing you could fight your way out of a paper bag? lol You all who flame are the ones living a fantasy wannabe life... Not him.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    its kind of sad that you took the time to write such a long post, trying to make good arguments, and then used it on a thread that is horribly old and nobody cares about.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperoni
    its kind of sad that you took the time to write such a long post, trying to make good arguments, and then used it on a thread that is horribly old and nobody cares about.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

sob... let the kimbo slice bs DIE. No one cares about some backyard brawl bs here.

Quil is offline Member
    Nice bump...

FRANk THe TANk is offline Associate Member
    wow i havent seen this thread in years! yea kimbo is no champion but its fun to watch him beat giant retards skulls in... and i think high caliber fighters wouldnt consider fighting him becuase it would in no way better their careers. JMO

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    If he was any good i would have had a UFC tryout by now or would be in smaller promo like King of the Cage.

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Haha wow....r u serious??

2gunzup11 is offline New Member
    kimbo got hands. everyone in this thread thats hatin on him would get murf'd out in a fight with him. kimbo is a beast.

musclemd is offline New Member
    Thanks for the interview.
    Looked real to me

udrgrd champ is offline New Member
    kimbo is a bad ass for coming up on the streets and haveing a couple fights in the mma hes not no fake so shut ya ****in mouths

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by udrgrd champ View Post
    kimbo is a bad ass for coming up on the streets and haveing a couple fights in the mma hes not no fake so shut ya ****in mouths
    People get straight here, its all be done before and all had the same outcome! anyone who has followed MMA before it became known as MMA will know this is no new thing to "MMA" Kimbo is a loser that is destined to lose.

Synyster is offline Associate Member
    see no man in his right mind would face mike tyson outside the ring!!! are you kidding me!!!!????

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    why oh why bump such a old thread

Gettin Big is offline Associate Member
    guess all the people who said tank would kill kimbo underestimated kimbo he knocked the sh*t out of tank haha, heres a point to think about, do you think Bas Ruten would waste his time on just anyone? He's personally training Kimbo now, obviousely he sees potential in Kimbo, watch out in the next year or so....Ruten dont train no wanna be losers, he's gonna make a good fighter out of kimbo

did you really go dig up this old a$$ thread cus he beat up an old out of shape fighter? WOW... he got tank WOO HOOO

I put kimbo a notch bellow brock lessner... they both would have been great if they started through the right channels, picking up the right skills to get to the UFC...but now that they went straigh there...they won't be able to be as dominant as they could have been.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by udrgrd champ View Post
    Nice first post, and bumping an old antique thread in the process. Well crafted.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    There must be only one reason that Kimbo is such a beast. He must be using Muscle-tech products. Grow Amazing MMA skills in just 4 weeks using Cell-tech..that's definately the answer to his dominance.

rodgerj is offline Associate Member
    For those that haven't seen, this is Kimbo vs Sean Gannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx9WPWJLodE

100m champ is offline Member
    Kimbo is an entertainmet star.. n boy he can PUNCH!

100m champ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodgerj View Post
    For those that haven't seen, this is Kimbo vs Sean Gannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx9WPWJLodE
    All good fighters have there loses

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by test_cyp View Post
    There must be only one reason that Kimbo is such a beast. He must be using Muscle-tech products. Grow Amazing MMA skills in just 4 weeks using Cell-tech..that's definately the answer to his dominance.
    He is on the new Anabolic Halo, gain up to 10 years of BJJ in 2 weeks!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information