ajew is offline New Member

good videos to learn street fighting.

I wanta learn how to defend myself in a street fight. Any suggestions on videos or guides to learn>

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajew
    I wanta learn how to defend myself in a street fight. Any suggestions on videos or guides to learn>
    if u have time to watch a video, then u should have time to sign up for a class somewhere around your house. there's got to be something around your house u could take.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    if u have time to watch a video, then u should have time to sign up for a class somewhere around your house. there's got to be something around your house u could take.
    excellent point!! I learned most of my methods by getting my butt kicked in Kenpo classes.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    you won't learn to fight by reading or watching videos. you just have to fight.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    you won't learn to fight by reading or watching videos. you just have to fight.

yeah!

watch videos

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Bas Rutten has a street fighting DVD on his website.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Bas, Tito and ...****.. go to Sherdog.com if you want videos...

BUT I'd spend the money go take class, find a MMA class... the one I use is BJJ, muay thai, boxing, wrestling, grappling, and submissions.aka reality fighting.. I have a boxing/wrestling background so the natural progression was BJJ but I wantedto do everything.

Anyways, take the class and sit in on the open mat and sparing. I LOVED rolling and sparing! you want to learn in a controlled environment like that other than behind the 7-11...

To find out what art you want is up to you, I think you need to find something that is more useful in reality. I believe that most of the stand up arts are defenseless on the ground, knowing it and using it in conjunction with BJJ is the best way to go.

SID

palme is offline Rosie Member
    If you want to learn ho to fight you hafto be in that situation. Videos wont do ****, you need the traning. So join a vale tudo/MMA club but even that wont preper you for proper street fighting, cause there are no rules in a real fight and no referee is stopping it when one of you is KO and the other one i jumping on your head.

Experiance rule.

colossus1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajew

Uh..........videos dont teach you how to eat punches, or how to punch a moving object. Get in a class................

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    If you want to learn ho to fight you hafto be in that situation. Videos wont do ****, you need the traning. So join a vale tudo/MMA club but even that wont preper you for proper street fighting, cause there are no rules in a real fight and no referee is stopping it when one of you is KO and the other one i jumping on your head.

Experiance rule.
    Palme's right...nothing can prepare you for a street fight! They happen so quickly that you don't have time to make a decision! You need to react...but unless you want to go pick a fight 3-4 times a week join an MMA class..
    I'll also say this, going to a class an mastering skills is a great great asset it will keep you out of trouble. You'll try to avoid using such skills....I do it every day at work, there has been many a Rear naked choke or guillatine NOT set that I wanted too, knowing what I know gives me the upper hand.

SID

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Evan Tanner claimes he learned his freestyle fighting from videos and practicing moves on his friends. Granted he has great natural talent, is a quick learner and trains hard with team quest now. But hey, anythings a start, but I agree, join a bjj/muay thai thing. If you sprawl well, you can keep most fights standing!

Thread Information