Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

most effective "first move" in fight....

what would u guys consider to be the best "first move" in a street fight or no-holds barred type fight to get the opponent down quick. i was thinking if u get close enough, a strong punch to their upper ab region, basically no matter how strong ur abs are, if u get hit in that little area, its gonna knock the wind out of u, that way there not gonna be able to breath for a minute or so and give u a huge advantage...whats ur guys choices????

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    For a fight on the street it would have to be the Bil Jee (finger jab to the eyes). It's easy, fast and effective. You can't fight if you can't see. This was one of Bruce Lee's favorite techniques. Seconod best would have to be a straight kick to the nutz.

JMHO

MT

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    chin shot! it will put em on their ass everytime.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'm old school........a foot to nuts movement I've found works the best. Two nuts, two feet.....coinsident? I don't think so. hahahahaha

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member
    Strike my way in- to a clinch- lift him and drop him on his head..

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    IN a street fight, I personally like the front knee kick where you kick him in the front of the knee in a driving motion, almost trying to bend his leg the wrong way, so his leg feels like its going to snap (and it might, LOL) and then when he bends over in pain (and trust me he will) its either uppercuts or knees to the head or if he falls to the ground its up to you jump on and punch away or a few head stomps always do the trick. This will only work if you have a good and fast front kick.

The eye strike is a thing of beauty though, thats up there on my list too.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    If you can land it a throat shot...
    If you can't breath you can't fight...

rev911apollyon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Div1Wrestler
    thats what im talking about, straight up wrestler style

Quote Originally Posted by rev911apollyon
    thats what im talking about, straight up wrestler style
    Yep for sure gotta love the double leg, only way to go, i also like the head and arm, only time i have every really gotten into trouble was going for a double leg on some kick boxer kid and got my face kneed in real nice, was all pain pilled out so i was moving a little slow on my take down....

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    The most effective first move would be to pick up a baseball bat!!

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    Yep for sure gotta love the double leg, only way to go, i also like the head and arm, only time i have every really gotten into trouble was going for a double leg on some kick boxer kid and got my face kneed in real nice, was all pain pilled out so i was moving a little slow on my take down....

exactely i havent been in too many fights, but all the ones i have startd with a double leg take down, and ended with me sitting on top of him bashing his face in.

maxamillion is offline Associate Member
    Double Leg takedown works everytime. As long as your not fighting another wrestler no one really knows how to defend a double leg, or expects it. And once you got him on the ground a wrestler will win everytime.
    If I know i'm about to get in another fight, sometimes i'll stand there with my hands at my side, kinda in a staggered stance talking ****. Waiting for him to throw that much anticipated first punch. With my hands down he thinks he can land an easy right hook and i'll have no way of defending it. Lilttle does he know. So he throws the hook (that I could see coming before he decided to throw it) I duck it, change level and blast him with a double leg. Natural Instict

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    The most effective first move would be to pick up a baseball bat!!
    Actually a bat is easy to counter and for that matter so is a 2x4.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    jab to the neck would be lethal!

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    kick to the groin works everytime. Depending on the size of the guy a double leg may not always work. And don't think its because I suck at wrestling or anything I placed in my county (losing to the state champ) and i weigh about 210 lbs. But if we're speakin on messin around wit some big bar types I'd go with the groin shot to a knee in the face(if available) or groin to a heavy hand to the chin.

nathanw21 is offline Member
    i cant believe some of the threads that i am reading!!!!!!!!!! some of the things that i read were some pu$$y sh*t. when i fight i want somebody to try and kick me in the balls or jab my eyes. if i am squared up with someone that is not going to happen. anyway...i would have to go with a bow to the face or my personal favorite a headbutt

sensei_jim is offline Junior Member

He better not be trained

Gentlemen! Gentlemen!

First, we are talking about a street fight, with a bad guy attacker. Right?

Anybody with more than a year or two of quality training will not get kicked in the nuts. Its covered over and over again. No real sucker "first" punch unless he's really really stupid.

Assume your attacker to always be trained, and you will fare better.

The eyes are good (without getting into morals and ethics, and assuming we're talking about a bad guy) even if you don't get in. In traditional Aiki-Jujitsu, or in some chinese styles, an attack at the eyes is used to create Kazushi, or off balance to the attacker, allowing other "options". Maybe the groin. Who knows. But going to the eyes needs to be accomplished with commitment (meaning your trying to go there, but expecting a block in a particular way). His hands come up to block, you then attack a point (pick one) where you can. Don't plan the attack until you see the response, then work at the weak points. I agree with this attack above all else. Nicely put MonkeyTown!

Regarding just 'puttin him on his head' Watch some of last year Pride and UFC fights regarding rushing into a clinch. There have been some great grapplers this last year that were KO'd in the less than the first minute thru devastating counters (ie knee to the face, back punch). I see this when I'm being attacked by a big guy, linebackers, wrestlers. On the way at me, or on the way down, simple attacks (ie. taught in Kajukembo, Kempo, Combat Tai Chi, and Jujitsu (not Brazilian)) can break knees easily. It's just too easy to counter. Soften em up as you work to the inside. Find yourself there, don't rush there.

If MMA bouts allowed trachea strikes and knee shattering techniques, you would see alot less "rushing in".

My long winded answer is (I guess) there is no one answer. If I was facing Mike Tyson, I would get to the ground quick. If I was Ralph Gracie was taking my wallet, I would definately stay to the outside for as long as I could.

I have one "sucker" punch under my belt. The rest were counters to an attackers first move. I prefer them moving towards me and letting their movements defeat them. Just my style.

Love u guys, Peace.

Jimbo

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    For a fight on the street it would have to be the Bil Jee (finger jab to the eyes). It's easy, fast and effective. You can't fight if you can't see. This was one of Bruce Lee's favorite techniques. Seconod best would have to be a straight kick to the nutz.

JMHO

MT
    Thats what I would have posted as well. Poke his eyes out. No one expects that. Fingers are longer than a fist and it is quick.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Headbutt to the nose. You'll win right off the bat.

nathanw21 is offline Member
    thank you ronny. finally someone with some class. that is a great first move. thay never know what to think or do after a solid headbutt

Well, Sensei jim, It goes both ways with the strikers being drop on the head or taken down and punched out.. A street fight is not a ring sport (close but not the same) Playing sticky fingers or combat kia or whatever is not going to stop even a good high school wrestler for getting you down....... as far as "trachea strikes and knee shattering techniques" you have been watching too much TV period...

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    In a streetfight, taking someone to the ground isn't always a good idea. First, I never wrestled but I have a very good sprawl with little training. With the possible exception of some MMA pro's and D1A collegiate wrestlers, nobody is taking my knee, nobody. My point is, just because you may be trained in takedowns, don't think that your opponent doesn't know how to sprawl effectively because it is a very natural movement. Second, being on the ground makes you vulnerable to other opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    In a streetfight, taking someone to the ground isn't always a good idea. First, I never wrestled but I have a very good sprawl with little training. With the possible exception of some MMA pro's and D1A collegiate wrestlers, nobody is taking my knee, nobody. My point is, just because you may be trained in takedowns, don't think that your opponent doesn't know how to sprawl effectively because it is a very natural movement. Second, being on the ground makes you vulnerable to other opponents.
    I understand fully......... "I never wrestled but I have a good sprawl with little training" (? how do know its a good sprawl, if you have not been tested by anyone)
    There are over 500 counters to sprawls just like the double leg... Saying your good and being good are two diff things......

Read the org post.... In any of your post you say nothing about the subject, instead its I wouldnt do that... give us some insight

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I still can't see how you guys can top a swift kick to the twig and berries. hahahahahaha

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Swift kick to the shin, punch in the throat or nose, kick in the nutts

Problem with a Swift Kick in the nuts is that when people are about to fight, they're already thinking about places to protect. It takes too much time to pull your leg back and then aim for his nuts. I've seen many people hit the side of the knee or the insides of the thigh and get their leg caught. Then what happens? They fall to the ground because they lose their balance. It's a **** move.

I still stick with the Headbutt to the Nose. Minimal movement and maximum damage.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Your right for 99% people a double leg takedown wouldn't be a first good move. But for those elite few who have been wrestling most of their lives (Freestyle, High School, College) a blast double leg will work everytime. Granted your gonna come across a select few who are expierenced in other fighting styles, but how do you know your "good sprawl" is gonna stop me? Anyway my second move would be a nice swift unexpectied Head butt

We're talkign Street Fight, no rules. Not a MMA fight. I'm a big fan of MMA but that rarely applies to a street fight. You're talkin' about two guys trained to fight eachother. They watch their opponenets previous fights and have an educated training towards defeating their opponent. Street fights don't have that.

It's two blokes who just want to get it on. I'm telling you from experience, there's no better move then a headbutt to the nose. It has the most damage through the least amount of space with the maximum amount of discomfort.

You can't beat a headbutt to the nose period.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    nice to have another martial arts guy here sensei. but i would have disagree with your some of your comments. although some striking techniques have been PROVEN (on videotape, against good fighters) to be able to stop some grapplers, some of the time, the strikes to the knee you mention are not among them. maybe it does work, and you'll soon see it as the dominant counter in MMA competition (where they pick up the very best moves from every style). but until i SEE it (on videotape, against good fighters, consistently) i have to take it with a grain of salt.

also, when you talk about wrestlers just "rushing in" you devalue the immense technique behind what they are doing. there is a lot more to a good freestyle shoot than "rushing in". there is as much technique behind it as almost anything in your TMA arsenal. and it is a very proven technique.
    Your absolutly right, many people don't understand how much time is spent on technique and practicing to develop a good "Double Leg Takedown"

BiteTheDust is offline Junior Member
    Every time I have gotten in a fight.

I just give the guy a head but as hard as I can right on the nose, make his eyes all watery then finnish him off with the old one two

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheDust
    Every time I have gotten in a fight.

I just give the guy a head but as hard as I can right on the nose, make his eyes all watery then finnish him off with the old one two
    See. That's what I've been saying.

Do you think the head butt is more effective for a shorter fighter to use it on a taller one or visa versa?

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    drop in for a double leg if u konw what u are doing. i did when one bro came at me like that. simple double leg, pick his big ass up and landed on top of him and wailed away on his face

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    first move, an Irish kiss........ ie, a head butt.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Hard over hand right, (I've knocked out probably 5 guys before the fight even started), or I'll use jab kicks and thai kicks to get their hands down and then fire my shots off. Clinch also works well, most guys won't know what to do and tyou can throw knee's and elbows, I've also ducked an opponents first punch, come up around then and sunk the rear naked choke, they go out in a matter of second and you can use their body to block attacks from their friends...

sensei_jim is offline Junior Member
    Well, Sensei jim, It goes both ways with the strikers being drop on the head or taken down and punched out.. A street fight is not a ring sport (close but not the same) Playing sticky fingers or combat kia or whatever is not going to stop even a good high school wrestler for getting you down....... as far as "trachea strikes and knee shattering techniques" you have been watching too much TV period...
    Don't watch TV. I am in my dojo from 10 am to 7 pm every day, and in another Dojo 4 nights a week for 2 hours each time...essentially practicing the techniques you think I get from TV. They are part of the art. I am not a striker, but teach Aiki-Jujitsu. So I am also a grappler who looks at the art from a 'how can i get in' approach. I have concluded that "wounding" the victim before entry, is the best way, that's all.

I agree........

imann is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanw21
    thank you ronny. finally someone with some class. that is a great first move. thay never know what to think or do after a solid headbutt
    This is why I get along with nate..............we have both seen this move work well for one another............scares the fvck out of your opponent

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    i once pulled off a graet first move i had been planning to try to use forever. It was in 11th grade tho haha. this kid wanted to fight me because his friends and my friends had problems since ever. so he walks up to me and pushes me, so i push him back into a locker and sort of turn sideways and mule kick him right in the face he was on the floor with a broken nose 10 seconds after he pushed me. we actually became friends after that

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    everyone wants to protect their face and are on the lookout for kicks to the groin. so an old man in the pen (lifer) said to blast em with a hard rib shot, trying to punch your fist through the guy, that will give you time to do whatever else you want to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information