sammyspitz is offline Banned

Filling my punching bag

What should i fill my punching bag with, and how, its 100 pound bag, i was thinking getting 4 or 5 garbage bags and double bagging them, and filling those with sand, and then putting them in the bag, but i dunno, anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions, would be appreciated, thanks

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    The bags are made to be used for either sand or sawdust depending on how solid you want it and you shouldnt have to line it first.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Ya, you dont need to line it. The usual way to do it is sand on the bottom and sawdust maybe 2/3 from the top. What kind of bag you got? Get it online?
    What are you using it for?

DO not line it cuz it will cause problems. Unless you hit like a wimp you will probably bust the lining, and the bags are made so you dont have to line them anyway!

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    It depends on how you want it, soft or hard. For soft, use a bunch of towels or rags. For hard, use sand. :spudniklu

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I started mine off with things like old bed sheets and curtaind and sh1t, but as i get used to punchin the bag and my skin gets harder, il use sawdust then sand eventually, hell, i may fiull it with concrete later

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Nice avatar Chem King.
    Just use sand and sawdust up top or something light. You dont want to fill it up all the way with a havy material cuz it will be hard on the seams.
    As far as pain and all that, dont be a pussy. You will get used to it in about five weeks.
    Just make sure you punch or kick or whatever, correctly so you dont hurt yourself.
    Most people use hand wraps, I dont. It makes your wrists weak. Especially if you do MMA where you dont wrap your wrists.

Thread Information