phwSSJ is offline Banned

Wanderlei Vs. Couture

Wand has been undefeated for a while now. I think if there is anyone out there that can beat him it would be Randy.
    What a lot of people dont know is that Wanderlei has a very good ground game, he just likes stomping peoples heads in more.

I want to know what Yall's opinion on this is or who you think could beat him.

I personally want to fight him. If he is still fighting in a year then I will challenge him!!!

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    rampage came very close to beating him last time, had the full mount. But I would say that In the ring, I would give the edge to wandy and in the cage I would give the edge to Randy. I personally like randy better, he is a more well rounded fighter and I usually learn something when watching him fight, where as vanderlei is primarily a striker/GNP fighter. Both fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    Wand has been undefeated for a while now. I think if there is anyone out there that can beat him it would be Randy.
    What a lot of people dont know is that Wanderlei has a very good ground game, he just likes stomping peoples heads in more.

I want to know what Yall's opinion on this is or who you think could beat him.

I personally want to fight him. If he is still fighting in a year then I will challenge him!!!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I would like to see a rematch with CroCop.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    I agree with you billy. I really like Couture too. Abd both are fun to watch.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    he is fighting mark hunt now isnt he should be fun, as he is a tough guy when it comes to stand up, if you seen him fight ray sefo toe to toe?? however still think silva will win, but i would love someone to beat him, nice suprise if mark hunt does it

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    It would be a surprise,
    I dont know, Hunt is good but if Wand were to fall I would want it to be by someone big ..and a good never to forget fight.
    Again, you never Know in this game. Anything can happen!
    Hunt might surprise us.
    I would like to see Vitor fight Silva again. Cuz you know That was probably the worst asskick'n he ever got in the ring. Thats got to mess with his head. If Vitor would just get his head out of space and focus I think he could be much better than he is now.

all right bros,
    be safe and have a good NEW YEAR!!!!!!

ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member
    Billy Ba said it, I agree it is all about home field advantage. Couture makes his living by crushing people into the cage and keeping them there. I think it would be an interesting fight and so close that it would be decided by ring/cage each time they fought.

Billy Ba, your also right that Silva looks for the KO and GNP most of the time but don't forget that he is a BJJ black belt. His ground game is very under rated.

I would be routing for Randy though.

styxecl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    I would like to see Vitor fight Silva again. Cuz you know That was probably the worst asskick'n he ever got in the ring.
    hell yeah, thats gotta be one of the sickest KOs i've seen!!!

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    well there you go, silva lookin for the takedowns with hunt lol, scared, he got beat, wasnt convincing but im glad

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    well there you go, silva lookin for the takedowns with hunt lol, scared, he got beat, wasnt convincing but im glad

Silva was scared? LMFAO! Yeah, you are a retard.

realmxofxnoise is offline Junior Member
    He definitely wasn't scared. If he was scared, he wouldn't have fought him. He didn't have to fight him at all. But he's got balls of steal and doesn't train for one specific fight so he'll jump in the ring with just about anyone. A 70 pound weight difference is definitely hard to go up against. Especially with a K-1 champion. We all know Wandy doesn't have the same stand up skills that Mark Hunt does.

As someone else said, I'd definitely like to see Wandy vs CC again. This time with straight up Pride rules, no alterations. I think it's possible since CC has been in the game for a while now, and it isn't his first Pride show. However - I think that CC would tear Wandy up now. His experience is so much better, and he's really starting to become an all around fighter. He's no longer one dimensional, as we saw with that nice choke on Kevin the other night. Granted - Kevin ran into that (that's what he's known for doing though) and it may have been somewhat luck, but I think if they fight again, Kevin will still lose.

Anyway, enough rambling.

- Nick

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Couture by GNP!!!

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Couture will win. When Silva fought Tito I think he was destroyed, its debatable I guess, I cant stand Tito but tito slammed him hard a few times and landed that nice punch and sent him falling fwd. I know MMA is like like paper rock sciccors. One guy may kill a stiker but be owned by a grappler who was destroyed by that striker he killed, but Couture is a much better wrestler than Tito and he owned Tito, plus he own Belfort, and I remember how quickly Belfort handled Silva, that was badass, may have been luck, but that was awesome.

I also think it would depend on where they fight, if Randy gets Silva in the octagon forget about it! He will smash him all over the cage, in pride it might be harder for him considering the ropes. Who knows though, too bad silva doesnt wear a gi, then Couture could wrap him in the ropes like Saku did to Royce. I love Sakus grin after he did that!
    Last edited by Gmill13; 01-20-2005 at 02:23 PM.

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    i would have said silva ll the way before but after watching the hunt fight, i'd say randy all the way now, silva has ugly takedowns, his ground skills looked poor against hunt. randy by GnP!

Thread Information