spoc is offline Junior Member

too old to start?

im 19 and i really wanna start boxing,it gets you in great shape and i love the feeling of punching someone in the face lol...is it too late to actually get good and possibly compete???whats the average age kids start to box??

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by spoc
    im 19 and i really wanna start boxing,it gets you in great shape and i love the feeling of punching someone in the face lol...is it too late to actually get good and possibly compete???whats the average age kids start to box??

19 is not to young, most likely you won't fight for a world championship, but your still a kid at 19. Most competative boxers I know started pre-teens or early teens.

im 19 and i really wanna start boxing,it gets you in great shape and i love the feeling of punching someone in the face
    I almost forgot to mention, most boxers hit back

GTsecurity is offline New Member
    of course you can start it's not to late but for competion for be really good it's to late for me... sorry
    but nothing is impossible.

crashcrew is offline New Member
    You love the feeling of punching somone in the face huh? LMAO!! If you lived around here and came to the gym I used to box at you'd probably leave after one day and never come back with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by crashcrew
    You love the feeling of punching somone in the face huh? LMAO!! If you lived around here and came to the gym I used to box at you'd probably leave after one day and never come back with that attitude.
    lol no i wouldnt...i used to play major junior hockey man but injuries stopped me from playing im one of those kinda stories lol...a couple buddies of mine box and asked me to get into it so i was just wondering if it was too late thats all....so dont speak before you know the entire deal my friend

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    alot of testosterone running through this thread. at least we know u're on the right board.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    If your looking to do amatuer competitions like The Golden Gloves, Nationals,P.A.L tournements, ect. then the answer is no You're not to old to start. If you are thinking of turning Pro, then you are most likely to old to ever make it anywhere as a Pro, IMO.
    Most people who turn Pro and do well have been boxing since their early teens.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    If your looking to do amatuer competitions like The Golden Gloves, Nationals,P.A.L tournements, ect. then the answer is no You're not to old to start. If you are thinking of turning Pro, then you are most likely to old to ever make it anywhere as a Pro, IMO.
    Most people who turn Pro and do well have been boxing since their early teens.

Good Luck!
    yea man i hear ya...its like that with almost every sport anyways

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    read the "getting into boxing" thread that is about 10 posts below this one.

join a gym that actively participates in amateur competition:PAL, golden gloves, competitions between gyms,etc.

Just because you like the feel of punching someone in the face does not mean you will enjoy boxing or that it is the best outlet for you. Good luck.

yea man i hear ya...its like that with almost every sport anyways

Thread Information