Monkeytown is offline Senior Member

what's the diff.

I am looking for a grappling school in the Montgomery, AL area. this is like the black hole of martial arts, there isn't a **** thing here. I was studying JKD but the instructor had to close his door due to work and family responsibilities. Anyway, there is a local school that teaches a style known as Shingo Ryu Bujutsu Kai Jujutsu. It says that it teachs traditional japanese jujutsu & aikijujutsu. I am looking to stdy a grappling style that offers real world applications. After studying JKD I am leery of going to a school which follow "traditional" or "classical" martial arts, as this school does. Do you guys know anything about these styles and if they would be worth studying, or should I continue my search.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    I am looking for a grappling school in the Montgomery, AL area. this is like the black hole of martial arts, there isn't a **** thing here. I was studying JKD but the instructor had to close his door due to work and family responsibilities. Anyway, there is a local school that teaches a style known as Shingo Ryu Bujutsu Kai Jujutsu. It says that it teachs traditional japanese jujutsu & aikijujutsu. I am looking to stdy a grappling style that offers real world applications. After studying JKD I am leery of going to a school which follow "traditional" or "classical" martial arts, as this school does. Do you guys know anything about these styles and if they would be worth studying, or should I continue my search.
    Most all Jiu-Jitsu today is based on Japanese Traditional style.

Thread Information