BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

fighting in a stab vest..

Has anyone any experience of using one in work (door work)?.

The guys I work the door with was stabbed on Thursday night, its getting to be a pretty regular thing here over the last 5 years with a huge influx of East European nationals seeking refuge here. The guy who stabbed him was Romanian, they have a reputation for carrying blades.

So has anyone any experience of fighting in one?.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    my mma trainer is romanian and he's one crazy sob. i know he used to bounce at clubs where he had to fight guys with blades, so i'll ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    my mma trainer is romanian and he's one crazy sob. i know he used to bounce at clubs where he had to fight guys with blades, so i'll ask him.
    I'd appricate that. Just don't send him over here, we've enough of 'em

DownTownNY is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

The guys I work the door with was stabbed on Thursday night, its getting to be a pretty regular thing here over the last 5 years with a huge influx of East European nationals seeking refuge here. The guy who stabbed him was Romanian, they have a reputation for carrying blades.

any1 can carry a blade....euro or local.

spoc is offline Junior Member
    people that carry blades are f*uckin cowards, what happened to the good ol' days when a fight was one on one, the loser walks and its done with... nobody has self respect these days its pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    correct, anyone can carry a blade. but there are some cultures where knives are much more popular. don't get too politically correct. anyone can drink guinness too...but guess who drinks more of it on average.

Man, thats hilarious!.

BDTR is offline Retired
    It depends on the cut of the vest, have you worn it yet? Did you feel restricted? I've fought with a BP vest on and it was perfectly comfortable, but the coverage on it sucked, just front and back plates with my sides exposed. To be perfectly honest with you, the most protection i ever got was with my Alpha Flight jacket on and two sweatshirts under it. I got jabbed maybe 5 times, ripped my clothes to pieces and only one made it in half way into my gut. I think i had an angel on my shoulder that night though.

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    You cant beat Alpha flightjackets! I got a nice 3/4 length. Well I guess thats not a flight jacket, but Alpha none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmill13
    You cant beat Alpha flightjackets! I got a nice 3/4 length. Well I guess thats not a flight jacket, but Alpha none the less.
    Can't beat them for what?.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Only sparring with one, never tested in a real situation. If you get a good one they are slim and tight (for those who haven't seen em thy're like a super thin, finely weaved, chain mail wifebeater) and you will notice no difference in your ROM and it won't weigh you down at all. TThey stop a shank like you wouldn't believe.

shorty33 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spoc
    people that carry blades are f*uckin cowards, what happened to the good ol' days when a fight was one on one, the loser walks and its done with... nobody has self respect these days its pretty sad
    That is so true, bro.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    I just seen a lady in a suit like that on N. geographic. She was swimming with sharks and got one to bite her arm...not one problem with the suit. She did get her hand cut, but only because the shark got her glove off. Didn't seem to bother her motions and she was in full outfit. Hope it helps.

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Point Blank let me wear a demo stab vest, very flexible.
    I would say it was 5-10% movement restriction tops. The heat is the thing that will get you everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Bouncer be the first bro at the club with a full set of plate mail armour, the chicks will dig it.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Bouncer be the first bro at the club with a full set of plate mail armour, the chicks will dig it.
    I'm a dude and I would dig that.... lol not in that sorta way u perv's. Would be awesome to wear plate armor.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    I'm a dude and I would dig that.... lol not in that sorta way u perv's. Would be awesome to wear plate armor.
    Oh really!!!! LOL

i asked my mma instructor about the vest and he said he used to wear one that protected against bullets and knives. it was just a simple jacket out of kevlar.

i think it's the same as the ones that cops wear.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah ive scrapped guys wearing the vest (working the door)

its really not that restrictive at all,

Ive stopped wearing is subsequently and left it at the club only for when i expect trouble, the reasons for this were when I would hug girls or get patted on the back by guys, they would notice and i think subconciously elevate awareness and make the be a bit scarred (not of me, of the fact they think i *have* to wear a vest)

as far as fighting, the only think i noticed is that when i choke people out, i cant feel their back to my chest/stomach

Thread Information