Steven7 is offline Associate Member

Takedown techniques

Does anyone know a site with good takedown techniques?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    i looked around a little, its hard to show effective takedowns with pictures or word description, when someone shows you its better to learn.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    i looked around a little, its hard to show effective takedowns with pictures or word description, when someone shows you its better to learn.
    Word!. Nothing like practice, practice, practice and competition. Use pictures and video footage as a training aid alongside hands on practice.

What style are training in?. Might help knowing if your training Gi or no Gi.

More Power is offline New Member
    A well timed foot sweeps will put anyone down, people forget the little takedowns. I use kata garuma a lot/firemans carry and nail it.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt call takedowns "little". if you get the guy right and slam him you could end the fight right there

jonnyblade is offline New Member
    http://www.themat.com/coachescorner/...er/default.asp

there is some stuff at this site.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Head.....butt.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Carotid Chokehold -

learn the proper technique first, but generally the guy goes out in 6-7 seconds and gently lay his head down, he'll gasp for breath often when you let him go. while he's asleep he'll stay that way for 3-4 seconds for the blood to rush back to his head, and he'll be disorientated and not know how long he's been out.
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 12-12-2004 at 06:33 AM.

Wrestlingkompressor is offline Associate Member
    Practice is your bread and butter. Learn how to do it correctly on different types of people, and just drill it. The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in combat. If you can hit a good double/single leg takedown more often than on the street it can put them out of comission or bang'em up pretty well. Being slammed on asphalt isn't something that your body is meant for.
    Last edited by Wrestlingkompressor; 12-30-2004 at 06:09 PM.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    GQ - Carotid Choke is a dangerous choice imo. People have died from improper technique..ending a fight is one thing, but ending a life is another. I know that if it is done properly it is extremely effective...but in Canada that technique has been banned for police use due to suspect death.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    GQ - Carotid Choke is a dangerous choice imo. People have died from improper technique..ending a fight is one thing, but ending a life is another. I know that if it is done properly it is extremely effective...but in Canada that technique has been banned for police use due to suspect death.
    I say **** it... I don't pick fights so if someone picks one with me... that is their bad if they don't wake back up.... oops.. and the carotid can't be that dangerous... i mean it is... but after they pass out let go... blood flow returns to their head and they should be fine but they aren't gonna feel like fighting when they wake up.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have the Mark Kerr video, seek and destroy volume1. It covers the basics and shows you how to handle all the common reactions.

sp9
    Actually its about 40 min long. I could upload it as an avi. You would need the free dixv decoder from www.divx.com. I will upload it tonight and post it here tomorrow morning.

sp9

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    I recommend Titos takedowns. I train in bjj and mui tai and i currenlty just purchased titos complete training set , and mario speerys master series 1...they both have great takedowns in the video... titos takedowns are his and they are great....also in the speery tape it has 1 tape dedicated to sweeps and takedowns...as for takedowns in my opinion if your on the street anything works even a simple tackle but in the submission competitions its good to know some soild takedowns ....

but takedowns in my opinion also are the coolest thing about bjj/mma

dave

Thread Information