Odin is offline Member

UFC's getting bigger and better.

Hey don't you guy's feel that UFC is going to be turing main stream pretty quick here, and gonna really catch fire. The main fighter are getting like $300,000 a fight and I think that's not too bad for now. That TV program the Ulimate fighter has done remarkably well and this is going to really help endorse the sport more. I just loved the energy that seemed to be at UFC 51 and cannot believe how big the sports getting, in fact I liked it better than the super bowl and i'm a football fan. I think the rules have changed a little to make the fighting more exiting too, only 5 minutes rounds and they take the fight up right away if their's no action on the ground. Anyone check out the crowd their too? cause it seems that the hot chicks totally dig this stuff! Maybe they like guy's that are rough lol?? Well here's my take on it, in 5 years from now this sport is going to pass up Boxing, WWF, Pro Hockey, and maybe bigger sports yet?? The fight's will be over a million a pop pretty soon!

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    yea, its really comin up in popularity but the violence has dropped some

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    UFC getting way bigger and more mainstream, which is good for fighters and development of the sport.....but better? Did you watch from the very beginning? IMO as the gap between fighters reaches that pinnacle that it does in every elite sport, it makes it less exciting to watch. Very few suprises anymore.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    i think that UFC has always had a better crowd and energy than any other mma arena. the fans luv the fighters and they come to have a good time. i've been to one ufc event before and plan on going again in april, i can't wait. it's completely diff. in person if u can imagine. the crowd is just unbelievable as u just feed off the energy.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    I agree, I remeber the very first ufc with gracie that was amazing they would fight one guy after the next. That was amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    UFC getting way bigger and more mainstream, which is good for fighters and development of the sport.....but better? Did you watch from the very beginning? IMO as the gap between fighters reaches that pinnacle that it does in every elite sport, it makes it less exciting to watch. Very few suprises anymore.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    I agree, I remeber the very first ufc with gracie that was amazing they would fight one guy after the next. That was amazing
    i like the tournament style ufc. shows u how much heart those guys really have.

**Middleweight** is offline Associate Member
    UFC is good but they got nothing on PRIDE!!!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **Middleweight**
    UFC is good but they got nothing on PRIDE!!!
    No doubt about that.

zuke is offline Member
    and last time i talked to a fighter, he told me that they are going to japan because the pride fights pay more money... he said that ufc wasnt paying much and that there are too many rules now. IMO any nhb fighting is fun to watch.

system admin is offline Owner
    This is just me... but didnt the first UFC events have MANY more fights? Now I watch the PPV and there are like 5 fights. Thats BS if you ask me

bc

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    yeah it seems to be getting more attention in the US with more Celebrities attenting the event, dont think it will be as big as other sports in the near future though. i still prefer the old tourney formats in the old ufc's rather than the single fights.

PRIDE all the waaayyyyy for MMA!

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    I just hope MMA does not get corrupt like boxing. The guys that fight in MMA are warriors, the pureness of the sport has been tainted already and it looks like its going to go down some more. If UFC becomes mainstream, things are gona change a lot. More money = more corruption.
    Us fighters deserve more money for what we do, I just hate to see all of us warriors get disrespected and treated like scrap meat. It will happen eventually just like boxing. There will be absolutely no respect left for the honor of fighting and what it actually means to be a warrior.
    UFC was pure when it first came out, and it will never have the same honor again.
    I know someone said this before, and i am going to repeat it cuz I beleive in it...
    A part of me does not want to see MMA explode and become mainstream cuz its kinda cool knowing that your sport takes more than one ball to play, and that you are a warrior, and that what we do is almost secret, it makes it kinda special. and That fighting gyms re not in every crappy shopping strip like tae kwon do and karate.
    I hope that the day does not come when a joe dirt can get his blackbelt in jiu jitsu in under two years, and his eight year old mullet wearing son has his second degree, and says he has a third degree in muay thai.
    If that happens while I am alive...someone please soot me.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    This is just me... but didnt the first UFC events have MANY more fights? Now I watch the PPV and there are like 5 fights. Thats BS if you ask me

bc
    Yep, 6 fights aired on the PPV but there were 9 fights. 2 of the 3 that did not air ended in the first round and would have been shown if Tito had not run out of the ring and pulled all his trash talking at the end.

Anyone see Euphoria at Atlantic city? Next show this month. A few great names that have fought in the UFC before. Fedor actually was at the last event.

$300,000 a fight for the main event guys. Is that an accurate number?

Thread Information