phwSSJ is offline Banned

WHo watched PRIDE???

I just finnished watching it.
    Pretty cool fights.
    Cro Cop is the man, whe tottally dominated Coleman. Its gonn take Mark a while to wash B!TCH off his forehead.

I think he can beat Fedor, it will be good.
    Quinton did good against ninja, I beleive he won. I dont know what
    Bas was smoking. Usually Bas does some excellent commentating, but I have to disagree with him on that fight. Bas is cool anyhow!

The middle weight tournament is gonna be AWESOME!
    I pic Wandi to win !!!!

Who you guys pic???

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    good fights. Wandi is the man and i don't think anyone will beat him any time soon. I hope Fedor can beat CroCop but i don't think he has as many weapons as CroCop. i don't even think he'll be able to take CroCop down, his takedown defense against Coleman was purely amazing.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    I felt like a kid in a candy shop watching Cro Cop defend agaist Coleman.

That was an AWESOME display of tallent.
    And I think that Wandi won that last fight against hunt, that was a BS decision.

Hunt only had like 30 sec in the fight where he was dominating Wanderlei. Ya he knocked him down a few times but Wandi took him down at will several times and he finished the fight very strong.
    I am just upset that that loss has to go on his record, FKN JUDGES!!!
    Back to Coleman, I think he beat himself mantally in the middle of the fight.
    He was pissed in the end, he figured out that night that wrestling and "ground n' pound" are not enough to win the fight anymore!
    Last edited by phwSSJ; 02-26-2005 at 02:22 AM.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    I have detected a patter in Cro Cop's takedown defense, same as what he used against randelman.
    Fedor could use that, maybe like a fake shoot followed by an overhand or just straight uppercut or hook.

What you guys think???

hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    Now your thinking... Definate pattern to crocops take down defense (Pivot, Plant, RH); However, CroCop fights very much in "the Moment", never too drawn into what his opponent is planning, never telegraffing too much! Hard to feint on a person riding the energy of the exchange. First you must draw him out of his game. PAIN is a good way to do that> Timing is another.....
    You elude to it in bolth the abouve post..: "Defend against" and "Takedown Defence".... He is Defending, and thus, riding the momentem of his opponents attack.... The opponent is trying" tto overcome this and to do so he must extend an attack.... the attack is easly spotted and redirected!

The same as a Fort is hard to take down because of its defensive possition.
    Last edited by hurricanejujitsu; 02-26-2005 at 02:33 PM.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    You see how big Mirko's legs were? Just keep getting bigger every event. Remember how skinny he was in his early k1 stuff? Doesn't even look like the same person. In 1 year he will have Barry Sanders legs!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Old MIrko vs New Mirko....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WHo watched PRIDE???-mirko1.jpg   WHo watched PRIDE???-mirko25.jpg   WHo watched PRIDE???-mirko2.jpg   WHo watched PRIDE???-mirko23.jpg   WHo watched PRIDE???-mirko24.jpg  

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Definitly a difference.

Maybe he started a diffeent routine????

Thread Information