$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Fedors first opponent in M1 to be Arona????

I hope Fedors happy he can have fun fighting Middlewights and Lightheavyweights his whole career

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Rumor:-...Promotion.html

Sepsis is offline Member
    i dont know if you saw their last fight, but many people thought arona actually beat him. it was VERY close!

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepsis
    i dont know if you saw their last fight, but many people thought arona actually beat him. it was VERY close!
    I have to disagree, altho I do like Arona his big weakness is his boxing and striking skills.

The reason I disagree is; in that fight, I dont think even once fedor was on his back.. it was just Arona laying on the floor, and Fedor trying to submit him, without using punches.. Cause striking while on the ground is illegal in that fighting organization.

That is a major part of Fedor's MMA game.. awesome ground and pound.
    Last edited by Pooks; 10-17-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Sepsis is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks
    I have to disagree, altho I do like Arona his big weakness is his boxing and striking skills.

The reason I disagree is; in that fight, I dont think even once fedor was on his back.. it was just Arona laying on the floor, and Fedor trying to submit him, without using punches.. Cause striking while on the ground is illegal in that fighting organization.

That is a major part of Fedor's MMA game.. awesome ground and pound.

i dont know if we are talking about the same fight, but in the RINGS fight, fedor was on his back almost all of rounds 1&2. strikes on the ground were allowed just not to the face. if that wasnt the case fedor would have surely lost because arona had him in the full mount 2 or 3 times. i am not saying fedor lost, i am saying an argument could be made that he lost and the fight WAS 'very close'! just in case you need a refresher, here it is:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...r-vs-arona_ads

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    No punches to the head on the ground? That organization must be ran by some feminist or somthing.

Fedor almost looked beatable in that fight though. But with strikes to the head i think it could go either way.

Sepsis is offline Member
    fedor was destroying arona standing up that fight. as a matter of fact, all arona did was try to set up for take downs. he wanted nothing to do with the standup. but arona did get 3-4 solid takedowns and spend alot of time on top although he just layed there and didnt do much which is what he always does.

Thread Information