vettewreck is offline Banned

Shamrock vs Franklin fight....Fixed??

Did you guys see that UFC fight the other night? I dont know about you guys but it looked fixed to me. Now, I dont know why UFC legend Ken Shamrock would be fixed to lose but I deffinitly think it was. Look at the slow replay when we took a punch and fell then grabbed onto Rich's ankle. It looked like he was waiting to get hit. Then why in the hell would an 12 year veteral throw a kick so high he would lose his footing? He then didnt hardly cover up when Rich jumped on top of him. It just looked VERY fishy to me. Anyone else agree with me? Disagree?

maxex is offline Member
    I dont know, was it?

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    The kick looked like a slip to me... he could of been trying something new... but the fact that he didnt block when on the ground was a little odd to me! BUT then again, Shamrock looked tired before he went to the ground.... he is just too old now i think!

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    I thought Shamrock, at first, intentionally went down to shoot for an ankle lock. :spudniklu

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck
    Did you guys see that UFC fight the other night? I dont know about you guys but it looked fixed to me. Now, I dont know why UFC legend Ken Shamrock would be fixed to lose but I deffinitly think it was. Look at the slow replay when we took a punch and fell then grabbed onto Rich's ankle. It looked like he was waiting to get hit. Then why in the hell would an 12 year veteral throw a kick so high he would lose his footing? He then didnt hardly cover up when Rich jumped on top of him. It just looked VERY fishy to me. Anyone else agree with me? Disagree?
    I thought it was fishy as well, especially considering the fact that Ken stated multiple times on interviews before the fight saying, "I lay down for no man".

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    I thought Shamrock, at first, intentionally went down to shoot for an ankle lock. :spudniklu
    me too but got caught at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    me too but got caught at the same time...
    Yeah, but the way it was done was uncharacteristic of a 12 year veteran. It just looked too fishy.

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    His hair is graying man, give him a break....he was great once thats for sure tho

psleez65 is offline Junior Member
    Ya know you have a point. When Shamrock went down the first time the dudes ankles were right in his face to grab. I was saying the t.v. "grab his leg" I couldn't believe he didn't go for it. Hmmmm, fishy.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomstampr
    His hair is graying man, give him a break....he was great once thats for sure tho

You know some people go grey in their late 20's as well

I do not think Shamrock would do something like that. Remember he gave up a lot more money when he left the WWE to come back to MMA because he liked real fights.

It just didnt look right. Looked a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    You know some people go grey in their late 20's as well

I do not think Shamrock would do something like that. Remember he gave up a lot more money when he left the WWE to come back to MMA because he liked real fights.
    But he's not in his 20s, he's in his 40's. Also, Ken would have no reason to throw the fight because he was the underdog in this fight in my opinion and as he said when he lost if he won that fight he would go on with his fighting career and right now he's not sure if hes going to continue with it. Don't get it twisted though, the Lion's Den has always been my favorite MMA camp and I used to love Ken and Frank when they were in their prime.

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomstampr
    But he's not in his 20s, he's in his 40's. Also, Ken would have no reason to throw the fight because he was the underdog in this fight in my opinion and as he said when he lost if he won that fight he would go on with his fighting career and right now he's not sure if hes going to continue with it. Don't get it twisted though, the Lion's Den has always been my favorite MMA camp and I used to love Ken and Frank when they were in their prime.

Nothing twisted. I was just trying to say in general that a guy of his caliber that loves the sport would not throw a fight or agree to fix one. IMHO.

My mother was grey by 25, father by 32. I am fighting it, not sure what to do but oh well.

Sherdog is buzzing with fixed fight rumors. Here is an interesting quote with some interesting facts.......

Quote:
    Fact #1: Ken Shamrock has never thrown a high kick in his UFC or PRIDE history, yet for some reason he decides to throw one against Rich Franklin, even though Rich is TALLER.

Fact #2: Ken Shamrock is renowned for having the best leg locks of all time. Back when he was in Pancrase, if he got a leg, heel, or ankle the fight was over in 2 seconds. If the guy didn't tap, Ken would snap the limb and make the guy scream. In this fight with Rich, Ken had the heel in a PERFECT position and had a ton of time with it. Yet nothing happened and Rich eventually gets out as if nothing happened. If Ken actually wanted to do something with that heel, the fight would have been over in 2 seconds. The only reason that entire heel hook scenario came up was because Ken was covering up for his earlier mistake.

Fact #3: Shamrock's got a lot of money and has had his day in the spotlight. Franklin is the UFC's "new star" and they need him for their future.

Fact #4: The fight started at 11:15. If the fight went the distance, counting the time in between rounds, the show would have gone well over the timeslot. This would have been a disaster, being that there was a full 2.5 hours to show what would have been at most 11 rounds if every fight went the distance (plus the 4th round in both TUF fights). If the fight was legit, what would have happened if Ken/Rich went to a decision and why would the UFC possibly put the fight on so late?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i totally would agree the fight was fixed, ken went down and didnt even try and get up, block hits, anything....just fell on his back and waited for franklin the attack him....maybe if it was late in the 2nd or 3rd round and he was completely worn out this could have been acceptable, but not that early into the fight.... an average guy on the street with no knowledge of fighting would have done a better job defending hiimself then ken did after he slipped, no hands up or anything....something had to be going on....

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    that certainly wasnt typical ken- he fell twice and the second where it was stopped; he was throwing up a horrible defense....
    it would hurt to know that ken would throw a fight though- the guy is still an icon

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Shamrock dam sure didn't do much. I was expecting a lot more.

I was very disapointed with the fight. I don't know if it was fixed, but either way it wasn't what I expected.

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member
    I have to say that "fixed" came to mind right away! It did seem apparent to me that Franklin is the UFC's "new star" and they need him for their future based on that fights performance.

I have to say No Contesting that that was fixed. Additionally, I believe that Rich Franklin would have done major damage if it didnt go fixed.

sp9
    Fact #2: Ken Shamrock is renowned for having the best leg locks of all time. Back when he was in Pancrase, if he got a leg, heel, or ankle the fight was over in 2 seconds. If the guy didn't tap, Ken would snap the limb and make the guy scream. In this fight with Rich, Ken had the heel in a PERFECT position and had a ton of time with it. Yet nothing happened and Rich eventually gets out as if nothing happened. If Ken actually wanted to do something with that heel, the fight would have been over in 2 seconds. The only reason that entire heel hook scenario came up was because Ken was covering up for his earlier mistake.
    This is not a fact, he's had plenty of trouble with getting a hold of legs or ankles:

Funaki - Pancase Perfect 1
    Bas Rutten - Pancrase Road to the Championship 3
    Don Frye - Pride 19

Took him a while to get Kimo's leg in UFC 3.

I have a ton of his fights, don't have time to look for high kicks right now.

The money thing is BS. I am pretty sure the WWE/WWF wanted him to sign a multiple year contract for a couple of million and he said forget it he wanted to be in real fights again.

I don't put too much faith in the rumors on Sherdog.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    who cares about that fight the forest griffin v. stephen bonnar fight was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    who cares about that fight the forest griffin v. stephen bonnar fight was awesome
    undoubtably one of the best fights ive seen in a year or two...I heard that after the fight they both got UFC contracts, is that true?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Yeah, the shamrock fight was pitiful...

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    Something didnt look right, Shamrock hardly blocked any of Franklins head shots, when he easily could have. Either the fight was fixed, or shamrock is just too far past his prime to compete at this level.

jjgym is offline New Member
    It was fixed! No doubt about it, for all the obvious reasons already stated.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Weather it was fixed or not, Rich Franklin was the UFC's new hope and new superstar and they were building him up to be one of the top contenders in the LHW division, and Franklin did all the things a UFC 'here to stay' contender should have done, 1-trained with miletich, 2-won his fights with KO's.....but then he said he got broke and needed money bad so he took the INOKI/MMA fight in Japan and lost!! he destroyed his perfect record and made Dana white (UFC president) very mad because Franklin/BJ PENN/DIN THOMAS all took fights in Japan when they were under UFC contract....Din thomas had lost against BJ penn so Dana had no reason to keep him, BJ penn was the welterweight champion so they had to screw him over to let Matt Hughes (Miletich team + he's white) back to be the champion!! So they kicked BJ and Din out of UFC and all who was left was Franklin who left Miletich and joined Meat Truck something team......Dana was mad at him for a while but eventually u cant let down a fellow whitey so he let him back to fight and he won at 185lbs division.

sorry about the life story My conclusion is:
    Franklin is back in good terms with UFC and the best way to bring him back in the spotlight is to make him fight a UFC legend who has a strong reputation (Shamrock/Tank/Kimo) but obviously cannot hang with this new generation of fighters!! So when people hear the name SHamrock they tune in to the fight , and when they see him lose they interpret Franklin beat Shamrock=Shamrock was UFC legend=Franklin is now UFC legend!!

And so the power of tricky advertising and media manipulation takes over the minds fo the simple ones

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Its not that he is too old, look at Couture, my guess is that he doesn't train is cardio like he should.

He also used a lot of steroids when he was in WWF for 3 years. Compared to what he look like in pancrase and UFC1 he was huge.

I am not against steroids but at one point they will take there toll on you.

He wants to be big but too big doesn't win fights.

He should step back, get clean, train cardio and come back, Shamrock is a great athlete and is time is not over he just has to rethink is stuff a bit.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Sherdog is buzzing with fixed fight rumors. Here is an interesting quote with some interesting facts.......

Quote:
    Fact #1: Ken Shamrock has never thrown a high kick in his UFC or PRIDE history, yet for some reason he decides to throw one against Rich Franklin, even though Rich is TALLER.

Fact #3: Shamrock's got a lot of money and has had his day in the spotlight. Franklin is the UFC's "new star" and they need him for their future.

Fact #4: The fight started at 11:15. If the fight went the distance, counting the time in between rounds, the show would have gone well over the timeslot. This would have been a disaster, being that there was a full 2.5 hours to show what would have been at most 11 rounds if every fight went the distance (plus the 4th round in both TUF fights). If the fight was legit, what would have happened if Ken/Rich went to a decision and why would the UFC possibly put the fight on so late?
    I would like to add to this..

Remember when Ken Shamrock faught Don Fry in Pride??
    Remember how they wanted to kill each other and all the hype they brewed up!

Well one of my training partners saw them before the fight chillin' together, and I think they even did a book signing..TOGETHER. Ya they beat the hell out of each other, remember when both Don and ken had heel hooks on each other!
    and were cranking them, that was total BS, Don Fry does not know leg submissions that well, and he definitly can not out do Shamrock.
    Looks like WWE rubbed off on Ken.

I also know for a fact that Coleman threw a fight in Pride a long time ago.

After watching that fight a few times, it looks like its a 50-50 chance either way.

Plus Rich got an 8 fight contract with UFC. Usually they are 3-4
    And it is just unheard of for a new guy even though he is good.

I just hope that we are wrong and fixed fights and all of this corrupt BS never gets to the UFC and just stays out of MMA period.

Thread Information