Thread: Chuck was lucky

Chuck was lucky

Before Randy was knocked out he was landing more punces than chuck. You always hear people talk about a fighter having a punchers chance...that is what I saw in this fight. Chuck was not dominating the fight he just landed one good punch. Not to say that he is not a great fighter, I just personally am a bigger fan of Randy.

When do you guys think they will have a rematch? I would love to see Randy take his belt back. Chuch is a great fighter but I wish he would calm down a ltille after winning his fight against Randy...he should show Randy more respect....Randy did not run all over the place screaming after he beat Chuck.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Does anyone have a link to the fight? I missed it.

Terminator1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Before Randy was knocked out he was landing more punces than chuck. You always hear people talk about a fighter having a punchers chance...that is what I saw in this fight. Chuck was not dominating the fight he just landed one good punch. Not to say that he is not a great fighter, I just personally am a bigger fan of Randy.

When do you guys think they will have a rematch? I would love to see Randy take his belt back. Chuch is a great fighter but I wish he would calm down a ltille after winning his fight against Randy...he should show Randy more respect....Randy did not run all over the place screaming after he beat Chuck.
    You may be right about the lucky punch but it doesn't matter. And I love it when he goes off after a fight. I think that's awesome when he does that. He is normally easy going caring guy but when he is the ring he goes OFF! its called adrenalin!

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    Chuck was smart. He bobbed diagnol when Randy went to shoot, Randy was wide open, chuck popped him. Chucks a better puncher than Randy anyhow.

I love Randy, but its nice to see Chuck with the belt. Two classy likable guys, unlike Tito.

They are now 1-1 with eachother, I want a rubber match!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chuck was lucky-ufc52coutureliddell3.jpg  

Tyson2481 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Does anyone have a link to the fight? I missed it.

heres this fight u wanted.. scroll to the bottom and click the FREE button and it will start up...enjoy...u'll see it wasnt luck it was actually a sick counter punch when randy was bringing back his hand.....

http://rapidshare.de/files/1313801/...ture_2.WMV.html

Link doesn't work. Need full path.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid

Chuck was winning the fight the whole time.

He was circling Randy and just landing good shots, Randy had a hard time keeping up.
    But one thing is for sure, that was not the normal Randy we usually see.
    Something was wrong with him.

C'mon guys...Randy couldn't see after the thumb to the eye. He was shaken...Chuck then popped him. Totally not a clean win IMHO.

View fight here.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    It doesnt matter weather he got caught with a thumb or what he said to the doc he could see and the doc let them fight on so it was as clean as a whistle...at the end of the day personaly i think chuck controlled the fight and came off with a convincing win.

Well Done!

A thumb in the eye is a thumb in the eye. It hurts, it blurs your vision, etc. Chuck did not take Couture at his 100% peak. A win is a win though.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    C'mon guys...Randy couldn't see after the thumb to the eye. He was shaken...Chuck then popped him. Totally not a clean win IMHO.

View fight here.

Ya randy got popped in the eye, but chuck was putting him to school from the very begining of the fight.

I think the knockout still would have happened.
    There was something not right with Randy and I cant put my finger on it.

If we wana talk about who is tough, I couldnt think of anyone better than matt hughes! That son of a gun got hit in the nuts which is pretty much worse than getting hit in the eye, almost got lost the fight from getting pounded...then turns the fight around by carrying trigg across the ring -slamming him and proceeding to whup his ass! ....oh ya that all happened in one round.
    He is one tough SOB! I dont think trigg ever had a chance, even when he was on top pounding on him.
    Last edited by phwSSJ; 04-27-2005 at 02:21 PM.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Chuck came prepared this time, Randy looks **** good for a 41 year old, very cut up.

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    I was at the fights, yea randy got the thumb in the eye but he got time to recover so that wasnt a factor. Chuck worked his game of keeping a distance with the jab and staying away from the clinch which was randy's game. Chuck won the fight because randy got slopy and dropped his left hand which gave chuck a shot at the temple. When upfighting, you either want to be way inside of your opponent like with your head in their chest or way outside so you can slip punches. Randy needs to work more on his up game in trading distance and he will dominate once again. I'll try and get a pic of me and chuck up soon.

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member

Randy looked weak and dazed

But one thing is for sure, that was not the normal Randy we usually see.
    Something was wrong with him.[/QUOTE]

Randy looked like he was asleep at the wheel. Chunk doesnt deserve that much credit for the win.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    why do people keep insisting it was a lucky punch? it wasn't. as much as i am a randy couture fan (if u couldn't tell), when he went after chuck right before he got knocked out, he was off-balance. watch the fight again and u'll see how he put himself in the position to be knocked out. chuck through a perfect punch, not a lucky punch. just leave it at that.
    by the way, they'll both be on the august card at ufc54. they won't be fighting each other, but they're saying the rematch will take place in january.
    i'm planning on going to the fight, so if anyone else is interested, maybe we could all meet up.

Thread Information