Thread: too old to box?

asterix is offline Banned

too old to box?

hiya just 1 question im 21 u all think im to old to start boxing, im pretty fit, lift and jog daily, i dont smoke nor drink either

any1 else here started the same age as me ?

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    That is quit funny, no you are far from being old my friend, and far from your prime too.

I plan to get back in martial arts at 33, and many people i know do traditionnal karate and are in there 40-50.

Age is but a number, good luck.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    old? lol that's funny. seriously. anyone in their 20's is young -yup including me- you are by no means too old to start boxing, or wrestling, or any physical activity that you aren't proficient in. Remember, it's never too late to be the person you always wanted to be, just got to do it.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    you are def not too old...It just means you would probably have a shorter career

sigmatro11 is offline Associate Member
    No you are far from to old! I box and the average age of the members at my club is around 21! If you have never boxed before then you will have some serious catching up to do! If you are serious about it then you need to take in a coach because there is no way you can just jump into boxing in the gym! Boxing is 90% technique. What weight class will you be entering?

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asterix
    hiya just 1 question im 21 u all think im to old to start boxing, im pretty fit, lift and jog daily, i dont smoke nor drink either

any1 else here started the same age as me ?
    your never to old to box...but what you might find in a year or so after training to fight amatuer is that your fighting 18-19 year olds who have been fighting from school boy level up wards so your trainer what have to match you well.

I started when i was 12 going on 13 but i train with alot of people who started in there mid 20's infact one person entered my countrys championchips for his first fight and was 31

asterix is offline Banned
    ye cheers boys, my old mans been tellin me im to old, hes been tellin me im too old since i was 18 tho lol, he thinks im too much of a pussy to get my ass in a ring lol. ill wait till my cycle has ended an get my ass down a boxing club. not sure what weight ill be boxing i think im gonna end up about 14 stone at the end of my cycle it s going pretty well. thanks again

100m champ is offline Member
    Theres never too old to box, I know guys that are 30-40 starting boxing that came in to my gym, 21 is fine just work hard and stay foucesed

momogiacana is offline New Member
    you are not to old, its never to late. your gonna have to play catchup, and train harder. like rocky when he fought the russian.
    go team America!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Im in the same boat, boxing seems to be one of those sports where all the people ahve been i it since they were like 5, im turning 21 in a few months and am going toa gym near me next week to start, kinda feel like im WAY behind, but u gotta start somewhere, ne one know how many times a week is good to train, n what kinda weight trainng to do? was thinking 3 days weight traning 3 days gym training?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    also my prob is im 190 right now and could prob only cut 10 pounds AT THE ABSOLUT MOST, prob 5 and id be at my strongest, so id be witht he big boys, but im really tall n lanky, ne one know what the weight class is?>

BigLikeBull is offline Junior Member
    if you cut to 180 or 185 you would be a cruiser weightst 180 to 195lbs

Thread Information