100m champ is offline Member

James toney- John ruiz

This will be a decent fight if ruiz doesnt play his rough tactics grabbing and holding, I think toney will school ruiz and knock ruiz out in the later rounds..

Who do you guys got to win

Aboot is offline Banned
    Toney by decision.

josrjc is offline New Member
    ruiz chelsea in the house

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Ruiz is a punching bag, Toney is a fat HW. Both are bums. It'll be a hugfest when Toney runs out of gas trying to put Ruiz down. Decision Ruiz...Ala Don King.

The heavyweight division is lame. New blood is needed desperately to fight the Klitschko's and get things exciting again.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Toney by decision, Ruiz is the most boring fighter to watch in history!

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Toney's weighing more than he ever has, IIRC. Ruiz by decision.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Don't mind me. Just here to tell you all I was right.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Toney by decision, Ruiz is the most boring fighter to watch in history!

Told ya so!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 511220
    Ruiz is a punching bag, Toney is a fat HW. Both are bums. It'll be a hugfest when Toney runs out of gas trying to put Ruiz down. Decision Ruiz...Ala Don King.

The heavyweight division is lame. New blood is needed desperately to fight the Klitschko's and get things exciting again.

???????????toney weighed in at 232 with jeans and shoes and a shirt on. he is noone to mess with right now. klitschkos? come on. you want to see fighters tire and run out of gas, watch them. oh yea, you'll also never see anyone with less heart than those two boys. just my 2 cents.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Congrats to Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    ???????????toney weighed in at 232 with jeans and shoes and a shirt on. he is noone to mess with right now. klitschkos? come on. you want to see fighters tire and run out of gas, watch them. oh yea, you'll also never see anyone with less heart than those two boys. just my 2 cents.
    5'9" @ 232, gut and ass hanging out the trunks...lol. He'd maybe be an in shape LHW and you know that. Again he's a fat HW...

Being expectations are so low for any heavyweight bout these days, last night was a good showing and I'm happy for Toney to finally get a legit pay day, although b4 the fight I expected an upset decision because of it being a King production. Toney just pulled out too many points for that too happen.

I'll agree that Toney among the bums in the top 5 is as you say is "noone to mess with" but he's never been hit by real power (Ruiz couldnt knock his mama out and yes she is tougher than a used and abused Holyfield). Vladi and Vitali both hit HARD...

So my 2 cents is if Toney proves he's got a Ray Mercer type chin with his great counter and overhand right...well we might see Vitali fall. But my years as a fan of the sport tell me he'll take his 2-5 million dollar check with a loss by KO and live happily ever after.

Ya ma man toney beat ruiz down.. I told you guys so, I wanna see james toney in with Chris Byrd next, that should be a decent fight to see.

mikeCbrooke is offline Junior Member
    Im quite bored with the heavyweights these last few years, the last champ was a bum, ruiz is a bum..........I do however really Like Vitalli klitchko, I think he will murder Toney with no problem..........Lewis retired so he wouldnt have to face him. He got lucky that Viatli got cut in the first bout..........freakin white guys always cut easy, but I belive Vitali is a great fighter and will be a good champ...the heavyweights really need some good contenders

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCbrooke
    Im quite bored with the heavyweights these last few years, the last champ was a bum, ruiz is a bum..........I do however really Like Vitalli klitchko, I think he will murder Toney with no problem..........Lewis retired so he wouldnt have to face him. He got lucky that Viatli got cut in the first bout..........freakin white guys always cut easy, but I belive Vitali is a great fighter and will be a good champ...the heavyweights really need some good contenders

Amen!

5'9" @ 232, gut and ass hanging out the trunks...lol. He'd maybe be an in shape LHW and you know that. Again he's a fat HW...

Being expectations are so low for any heavyweight bout these days, last night was a good showing and I'm happy for Toney to finally get a legit pay day, although b4 the fight I expected an upset decision because of it being a King production. Toney just pulled out too many points for that too happen.

I'll agree that Toney among the bums in the top 5 is as you say is "noone to mess with" but he's never been hit by real power (Ruiz couldnt knock his mama out and yes she is tougher than a used and abused Holyfield). Vladi and Vitali both hit HARD...

So my 2 cents is if Toney proves he's got a Ray Mercer type chin with his great counter and overhand right...well we might see Vitali fall. But my years as a fan of the sport tell me he'll take his 2-5 million dollar check with a loss by KO and live happily ever after.

you are right about the hw division. it is sad. michael moorer used to spar with toney alot. mike says he can take a beating and michael hits real hard. ray is a friend of mine and no one will ever have a chin like him again. ray says the hardest he was ever hit was by tommy morrison. remember what he did to that poor bastard?

you are right about the hw division. it is sad. michael moorer used to spar with toney alot. mike says he can take a beating and michael hits real hard. ray is a friend of mine and no one will ever have a chin like him again. ray says the hardest he was ever hit was by tommy morrison. remember what he did to that poor bastard?
    Amazing how many dodged Mercer, and for good reason. He made Lewis look horrible and lost by a shtty decision. I remember the Morrison fight well and Tommy was good. If boxing was set up in brackets instead of promotion, Mercer would of been the one to beat, and the likes of an Iron Mike would of not made it to the final 4.

But back to my point of the Toney/Mercer comparison...there has been only one that could stop Ray and I believe the same blood will stop Toney.

Amazing how many dodged Mercer, and for good reason. He made Lewis look horrible and lost by a shtty decision. I remember the Morrison fight well and Tommy was good. If boxing was set up in brackets instead of promotion, Mercer would of been the one to beat, and the likes of an Iron Mike would of not made it to the final 4.

But back to my point of the Toney/Mercer comparison...there has been only one that could stop Ray and I believe the same blood will stop Toney.

i dont want to say that ray was paid to lose that fight that you are refering to, but he was paid not to win. you cant stop a mercer fight. they were grooming klitchko at the time and ray was a good opponent. you are right about his career, he was never marketable. sad but he made more money as a paid opponent. thats boxing. dont really know how the russian will do against james. maybe i dont give them a fair shake cause ive seen them quit too many times in the ring and in sparring. an athlete with no heart is at the bottom of my ladder.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    The heavy wieght devision is dead right now and after watching toney and ruiz fight TBH it was a laugh none of them could cope with the likes of klitchko and klitchko in my eyes is no boxing memory thewrs no way he would have touched lewis in lewises prime he couldnt even beat him at the end of his carreer so for all the people who say klitchko was hammering for 4 rounds is a load of rubbish 4 rounds in a title fight is nothing theres another 8 rounds to be fought and if you look at klitzchos face after fight he required 60 stitches so the hell can you say klitchko was beating him lewis picked him off and hit the same place over and over again wich made him retire...and lewis said before the fight it would be his last and one to remember wich it was he took half of klitchos face off lmao.

james tony is not in the condition of a true champion hes a blown up light heavy who beat a bum and will never ever be in the same caliber as past heavy wieghts

i cant spell his name, but the best heavyweight of the last few years is unfortunatley in jail. his name is ike ibeabuchi. before he beat the hell out of his girlfriend, and went up the river, he knocked out chris byrd. he was 20 and 0 when he went away. very sad.

i cant spell his name, but the best heavyweight of the last few years is unfortunatley in jail. his name is ike ibeabuchi. before he beat the hell out of his girlfriend, and went up the river, he knocked out chris byrd. he was 20 and 0 when he went away. very sad.
    Is that the guy ?

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news/barker0309.php

yea thats him. i think he gets out this year. he's 33 now but the body of a 28 yr old. almost 6 yr layoff but then again his body hasnt taken a pounding for that long either. it will be interesting to see what happens with him. he is a hell of an athlete.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    Ike was a bad man...that's for sure....

JC

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    The heavy wieght devision is dead right now and after watching toney and ruiz fight TBH it was a laugh none of them could cope with the likes of klitchko and klitchko in my eyes is no boxing memory thewrs no way he would have touched lewis in lewises prime he couldnt even beat him at the end of his carreer so for all the people who say klitchko was hammering for 4 rounds is a load of rubbish 4 rounds in a title fight is nothing theres another 8 rounds to be fought and if you look at klitzchos face after fight he required 60 stitches so the hell can you say klitchko was beating him lewis picked him off and hit the same place over and over again wich made him retire...and lewis said before the fight it would be his last and one to remember wich it was he took half of klitchos face off lmao.

james tony is not in the condition of a true champion hes a blown up light heavy who beat a bum and will never ever be in the same caliber as past heavy wieghts
    When was Lewis in his prime? Cause unlike most HW's he got better into his 30's. IMO he was in his prime a year after picking up Manny. The younger Lewis had that upright english style that had to go. I think if all the trash talk with Bowe would of materialized at that time, Lewis would of been wondering what the hell am I doing waking up ina ring in Madison Square.

BTW, judges dont score on the state of a fighters face. Lewis was losing and wanted no part of a rematch with Vitali.

When was Lewis in his prime? Cause unlike most HW's he got better into his 30's. IMO he was in his prime a year after picking up Manny. The younger Lewis had that upright english style that had to go. I think if all the trash talk with Bowe would of materialized at that time, Lewis would of been wondering what the hell am I doing waking up ina ring in Madison Square.

BTW, judges dont score on the state of a fighters face. Lewis was losing and wanted no part of a rematch with Vitali.

Lewis said it would be his last fight so how did he bottle a rematch when he won lol...a win is a win lennox lewis may have lost 4 rounds in judges eyes but he stopped klizchko by giving him cuts so you realy dont have any right in saying he refused a rematch when he planned to retire a winner not like alot of boxers fight till you cant fight no more and he has a pretty decent record.

http://www.boxeo.ws/boxeadores/lewis_lennox.html

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Lewis said it would be his last fight so how did he bottle a rematch when he won lol...a win is a win lennox lewis may have lost 4 rounds in judges eyes but he stopped klizchko by giving him cuts so you realy dont have any right in saying he refused a rematch when he planned to retire a winner not like alot of boxers fight till you cant fight no more and he has a pretty decent record.

http://www.boxeo.ws/boxeadores/lewis_lennox.html
    I hear you, but my point is with the circumstances of that fight ending the way it did, you could not ask for a more legitimate reason to get it on again.

Lewis stuck to word I guess...and your right, he retired a winner.

Lennox lewis did do the right thing, he was a fighter which aged when fighting vitali kitschko, He was in terrible shape he was gassed by the second round, You know lennox was done.. I seen lennox lewis bouce on his toes for 12 rounds and not run out of gas like that..

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Toney is very slow and fat but always seems to come alive in the late rounds to get a KO like with Jirov

Toney Is Really Slick Tho.. He Will Give Any Heavyweight Fighter Trouble Guys Like Rahman Byrd Those Fighters Will Have Alot Of Trouble With Toney.. But Ya I Would Not Like Toney At The Weight He Came In Againts Ruiz 233, He Was 190 7 Mouths Ago.. I Would Like See Toney At Around 210-220

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    Toney Is Really Slick Tho.. He Will Give Any Heavyweight Fighter Trouble Guys Like Rahman Byrd Those Fighters Will Have Alot Of Trouble With Toney.. But Ya I Would Not Like Toney At The Weight He Came In Againts Ruiz 233, He Was 190 7 Mouths Ago.. I Would Like See Toney At Around 210-220
    Could you imaging toney at light heavy and fighting the likes galzache or tarver he wouldnt last 5 rounds he blew him self up to go to the highest paid wieght where all the money is...personaly i cant see a problem in that its just to many wieghts from a middle to soon

Thread Information