View Poll Results: best style of fighting that would actually help in a streetfight??

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karate

3 4.62%
  • Boxing

13 20.00%
  • Brazillian Jui Jitsu

10 15.38%
  • Muay Thai

20 30.77%
  • Wrestling

21 32.31%
  • Tai Kwon Do

1 1.54%
  • Hwa Rang Do

1 1.54%
  • Other

13 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    the 125lb immigrant valeting the cars doesnt count bro!! hahahaha

j/k great job!!! but the guy was either some "wanna-be" wrestler or REALLY drunk!! hahahaha
    He was a navy dude posted up in the garage looking for a fight(about the same size as me). I wrestled in high school, and he was actually pretty quick. I got a little lucky too. I don't know about him but I was drunk.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yerg
    Just good old fashion adrenaline pumping a$$ woopin... LOL

I was going to say the exact same thing....How many times have you seen somebody try to use a "specific" style while they are in the street...?

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    He was a navy dude posted up in the garage looking for a fight(about the same size as me). I wrestled in high school, and he was actually pretty quick. I got a little lucky too. I don't know about him but I was drunk.
    good $hit bro!! hahhaha I think its better to be drunk anyway!! Not wasted, but a nice drunk makes me a better fighter.

wrestling is best in a real street fight, most people in the world dont know REALLY how to fight so generally it comes down to the bigger guy...atleast if he can grab you...

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Mix Of Boxing Muay Thai And Bjj Will Not Be Beaten

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    maybe its me but for some reason while there may be a moment or two of scraping on the ground, all of my fights have stayed on two feet, my personal vote was for brazillian jui jitsu, Ive done boxing in the past and just started muay thai a few weeks ago but the gym where I train has a nice big steel cage (hell yeah) and while I haent been in there yet a lot of the crazy guys going for UFC are real skilled in brazillian jui jitsu, pretty sick shit when you see it in action those guys are absolute ****in nuts by the way.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural3456
    im gonna have to go with grappling...cuz it basically is street fighting...

and where is bouncer in this thread?
    Just reading the thread. I don't really get involved in these one's. I've recently retired from Kickboxing to concentrate on my Judo and Vale Tudo, although I work as a 'bouncer' I do neither because of it. I love martial arts, thats it. But if I was to pick one style it would be Vale Tudo, followed by cross training in a striking style (M.T. kickboxing, boxing) with a grappling style like Judo or BJJ. I'd have to say by far the toughest M.A. I've done is Judo!. But its a sport, I do it for the sport and not for the street.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    muay thai

ONLY because it will toughen you physically and mentally

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    a big sucker punch always works, element of surprise! i very rarely get into street fights but if i know someone is pushing me, shouting swearing @ me... i just ask them for the time, they get all confused for a spilt second (they may even look @ their watch) and this is where i start launching some big bombs! always worked for me, never had a fight which has gone to the ground for many many years, always a KO! theres a guy in the UK which teaches all this stuff, he's called geoff thompson, he's got great stuff on st fighting and controlling and using fear in fights.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    The only street fights where I have seen someone utterly get their ass handed to them is when they got grounded and pounded. There isnt much you can do in a street fight when somone is on top wailing at your head and face. Ive seen some ground and pound attempts go sour though

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    lots of people train in martial arts then when they fight they realize they can take a punch and some fat drunk knocks their ass out

TxFireRescue is offline New Member
    I may be bias in this decision...since I have practiced the art of jui jitsu and muy thai, but I would say juit jitsu is a definate advantage in a street fight. Reasoning behind that is experience and the plain simple fact that jj is not based on strikes, its based on grappling and there a tapout. 9 times out of 10 someone that is placed a arm hold or head hold or a leg hold, the recipient has no idea that with the slightest movement he could lose the use of his arm, leg, or brain function. Street fighting ends up on the ground usualy unless a haymaker is thrown and theres your "one hitter quitter", and now I have no idea where I was going with this, sorry for wasting the 5min of valualbe life you have used reading this LMFAO

Logan13 is offline Banned

Ground Game

If your answer to this poll is any of the striker only disciplines, then you have never been in a "real" fight. Ground game, ground game, ground game. And NO, you can not stop me from taking you down. Just try to karate chop my a$$ while on the ground, I will break your arm! But in all fairness, even the best ground attack experts need to know how to box, to set-up a takedown.

-peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information