Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

MMA workout plan??

i have been wanting to do this for a while but didnt have the money, so i hit the ym n got my strength back before i startd, well im finally taking the leap n gonna go sign up monday. Im prob gonna do a mix between nuay tai/kick boxking n juijitjuis(killed that) wondering what type of workouts i should be doing, im figuring high rep stuff, nothing to heavy, wondering how this looks, and if neone has ne tips, r my reps to high, whoulk i rearrnge stuff, only workout twice a week, nething really?

Tue- Flat dumbell bench- 15,12,10
    incline bench- 15,12,10
    dumbell shoulde press-15,12,10
    front raises- 3 x12
    skull crushers-15.12.10
    tri pushdown- 3x12

thurs- smith rows-15,12,10
    hi lat row " "
    machine row pull- " "
    lat pull down " "
    long bar curls " '
    standing curls" "
    machine ezbar 3x12

sat- for now swolecats leg routine, in 6 weeks ill change it but not sure to what yet, ne one have ne suggestions?

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    well it all depends on wat u want ur body type(mass,cut, etc.) 2b while your doni this? When i started grapplin, kickboxin and jujitsu i was round 198, then 2weeks of that trainin 4days a week wit basic wqeight trainin(flat bench, inclin press,curls etc.) i was down to 180lbs. So now im back in the weight gym cuz i wan2b over 200lbs b4 i start fightin. so 1st off decide wat size u want then go frm there. good luck

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    I cant wait to start wow you lost a lot of weight in only 2 weeks, i am 203 and would very much like to get down to 185.

ya its alot of work and a great cardio but is way to much cardio if ur tryin bulk up. but one hell of wrk out and it pays off. wat exactly r u gonna do?

yea i understand that u need to first realize what weight u wanna fight at, but most paces i read it says u dont wanna ge to big n bulky , u wanna stay as light as u can being as string as u can(unless ur stuck in the middle of a weight class n nee to bulk). thanx for ur help guys i guess im just gonna ask my instructor what he thinks,

im tryin to bulk up and put on wieght cuz i wan2 fight middle heavy weight cuz all these guys i grapple now r not strong enuff, their fast n have alotta moves but their strentgh is weak so i go 4bigger guys and wil have more fun(imo), im currently around 185lbs so i have about 20-30lbs to put on so that i stay over 200lbs after trainin. wat weight class u wan2 fight in? wat r ur current stats?

right now im 6'1, 194 pounds, pretty cut up, but not as lean as i ned to be to fight. I figure in the first week or 2 ill lose 5-10 pounds, just casue my cardio sucks right now n i will def drop some fat. THen i have t decide if i wanna get down to 185 n fight there, or bulk up to light heavy, i just gotta see where im stronger. just looking for a standard fighting workout routine, right now i lift 4 times a week but that prob too much once is start traiing, just looking for a normal fighter workout, then tailor it to my needs

you will probably be down to the 180's, wen i was trainin i jus stuck to the basic movements like bench and curls, just simple stuff 2keep ur strength up and harden ur muscles. do light weight more reps+sets

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    yung-priest not sure yet, there is a small dojo near my girlfriend house they guy teaches judo, jiu jitsu, karate, aikido and more.

Is karate is a mix of tae kwon do, karate of all styles and is based on street defense, has is the jiu jistu he teaches.

I would very much love to do both of thoses arts toghter and that would be around 4 times a week. I am 33 years old now at 5 feet 10 i weight in around 210 pounds ( YAGGG weighted myself this morning and would really like to get in shape for the rest of my life.)

I am not looking for bulk at all and trying to lose weight actualy and get down to 185 pounds with nice muscles definition.

I train 5 times a week now with my girlfriend in the morning and martial arts would be at 7pm at night.
    Guess i would have to see

i just watched ufc 50 and i heard couture say he posted his workouts in american health and fitness but i cant find it newhere, can anyone else find iut?

yann, jiu jitsu is tight and wil cut u up. i dont no to much about karate, but ya ur right about the self defense, thats really all it is, but it doesnt really seem 2b helpful in a fight(i personally have never seen a karate person win a street fight) but some people may like more than others. Now i do tai kick boxin and that is tight as well, along wit grapplin. how ever u wil definatly loose that weight as long as u stick wit it and train hard. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    I cant wait to start wow you lost a lot of weight in only 2 weeks, i am 203 and would very much like to get down to 185.
    REduce your protein and lift light weights...the weight loss is not all fat, he is loosing muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by yung-priest
    im tryin to bulk up and put on wieght cuz i wan2 fight middle heavy weight cuz all these guys i grapple now r not strong enuff, their fast n have alotta moves but their strentgh is weak so i go 4bigger guys and wil have more fun(imo), im currently around 185lbs so i have about 20-30lbs to put on so that i stay over 200lbs after trainin. wat weight class u wan2 fight in? wat r ur current stats?
    You are at an advantage then. Maintain your weight...once you start to get ready for a fight you will loose even more weight becasue of the added cardio that is necessary.

If I were you I would do alot of plyometrics and powerlifting. You will be stronger and faster which means more power (strength X speed = power). WOuldn't you have fun manhandleing smaller guys?

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member
    I would look at the Team Quest Book on training. It gives you programs on lift, cardio, fight training.

Team Quest

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    You are at an advantage then. Maintain your weight...once you start to get ready for a fight you will loose even more weight becasue of the added cardio that is necessary.

If I were you I would do alot of plyometrics and powerlifting. You will be stronger and faster which means more power (strength X speed = power). WOuldn't you have fun manhandleing smaller guys?
    ya i would, but tis not a challenge anymore, its gets borin throwin these guys around, i mean they r faster than mice n have a million moves but it doesnt really do a whole lot when they cant move

Quote Originally Posted by Div1Wrestler
    I would look at the Team Quest Book on training. It gives you programs on lift, cardio, fight training.

Team Quest
    i cant find a place that has workouts or nethign even like that, where is it>

found it, lol dont really wana spend money really, jsut a good MMA workout plan

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Alternate weeks lifting hard and not so hard. But for MMA lift for power. You dont need to do high rep workouts all the time.
    You get that in your MMA training.. if you do it right!

This topic has been covered many times.
    Do a search!

Thread Information