Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yannick32 is offline Associate Member

Talking Bruce Lee VS Royce Gracie

This is way more appropriate thread cause now it actually makes sense.

Royce is a legend and not a half ass like Ortiz.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Whats the point? It's still only a theoretical question with no answer...

alphaman is offline Member
    There's no way to know. But you already know what I think.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    i havent seen a fighter to this day that displayed the same technique, speed, quickness, and fighting spirit that bruce lee possessed. thats the truth. i think any comparisons to bruce lee are comical and offensive.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    getting old

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Gracie NO DOUBT AT ALL!!!!!!! only way bruce wins if if he gets lucky with his speed and lands a deadly kick or something like that, JMO

radar1234 is offline Member
    go post this thread on sherdog.com.i'll bet you'll get flamed rather harshly lol!

or better yet:bruce lee vs. wonderwoman. discuss amongst yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    go post this thread on sherdog.com.i'll bet you'll get flamed rather harshly lol!

or better yet:bruce lee vs. wonderwoman. discuss amongst yourselves

naysayer.

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member
    Be water my friend.

nsa
    Any comparison to bruce lee is silly, he's dead, so any thought is purely hypothetical.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    NSA i know what ur saying, bu tu gotta relax alittle, i think this topic is pruley for fun, and not taken very seriously, all ur points r true, but we all know they are, just take it for what it is n relax, lol tito ortiz n bruce lee, cmon who can takw that seriously

nsa
    I'm not freaking out or anything. I've just posted my thoughts. I could really care less who would win, one is dead and the other is alive.

MTLMAN is offline New Member
    Bruce would win with no sweat at all, did you see his 1 inch punch and his speed.Plus u got to see some of his training movies. Gracie standing up cant do much

BoL0 is offline Junior Member
    Kinda hard to judge...... Bruce also trained for survival which is much different than

training for competition..... IMO i thinks hes too quick for gracie.....

Lee by KO!!!!!

Bruce Lee vs Radar 1234 no steroids added MOuahahahha colateral

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    this ones easy, Bruce Lee guys,..hands down..WTF!!!

[QUOTE=yannick32]Bruce Lee vs Radar 1234 no steroids added MOuahahahha colateral[/QUOTEthanks yannick!i'd take that little bruce and ground n pound his 1 inch punch ass.

Sorry to say but i competed a lot in kyo kushin and tae kwon do and guys like you radar1234 are all talk with big mouths and no testicles when it comes to fight.

Now please stop acting all tough cause you know sherdog.com, and please stop saying you will do this and that when you couldnt even throw a front kick without streching a ligament and injuring your pertty little body.

Thanks for being a Fan

Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    Sorry to say but i competed a lot in kyo kushin and tae kwon do and guys like you radar1234 are all talk with big mouths and no testicles when it comes to fight.

Now please stop acting all tough cause you know sherdog.com, and please stop saying you will do this and that when you couldnt even throw a front kick without streching a ligament and injuring your pertty little body.

Thanks for being a Fan
    did i start something with u?no i didnt.but 4 u to start running ur mouth just shows ur character.

and ill tell u something else.while ur throwing ur "front kicks" ill be taking u down faster than u can say "stop ur hurtin me!" ,and mulch ur little face punk.

if ur ever in the calgary area drop me a line mouthpeice!

did i start something with u?no i didnt.but 4 u to start running ur mouth just shows ur character.

and ill tell u something else.while ur throwing ur "front kicks" ill be taking u down faster than u can say "stop ur hurtin me!" ,and mulch ur little face punk.

if ur ever in the calgary area drop me a line mouthpeice!

You've been running YOUR big mouth all over this forum. THAT"S what he's talking about. Quit the tough guy shit on the board, dude. It's to no avail, and just makes you look like more of a puss than you already are. We all know there isn't gonna be any fight between you or any body on this board, so CAN IT!

dont u start alpha.it appears that idiots like u two stick together with ur retarded threads.
    like i said before,go to a real mma forum and see what happens when u post these types of threads.
    im finished with u clowns.

im finished with u clowns.

Now, that's all we wanted. Thanks!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Gracie would have the 120 lb Bruce lee wrapped up in a pretzel and tapping out within 30 seconds.

Joey2ness is offline Member

If Royce Gracie went to Bruce Lee's grave and dug up his mummied corpse and challenged it to a fight,and you know the saying dead people have powers.Bruce Lee will then use a magic curse on royce gracie

Sorry i cant answer it

Yippi the RADAR idiot is gone and we are finaly in peace.

Guess that at some point in life you have to learn respect and respect other people opinion too.

Good ridence that guy really was a flake LOL.

Yeah i ear that lots of losers come from Calgary, get an education punk, you make me laugh real hard, if i ever go waste my time in Calgary where there is nothing to do here in Montreal i will bring you your favorite flowers.

Guess that God created all sorts of moron in this world and sadly this RADAR mouahah thats a cuit name 1234 is the fartest that he can count, what do you expect the guy comes from Calgary, where there is only land and land of manure.

Sorry also your pic looks like it was taken during the gay parade did you come to Montreal last year , i guess so you enjoyed couple of your other fagged friends.

THErealAK47 is offline New Member

Anyone who thinks that Bruce Lee would win obviously does not know what they are talking about. Fighting has evolved tremendously since UFC and Pride started and it is still evolving today. Before the UFC, nobody knew the answer to who has the ultimate style of fighting. Every style of fighting has been found to be incomplete. Royce Gracie quickly showed the world that ju-jitsu was a dominant style that could overcome larger oponents. But even ju-jitsu has its flaws. It does not have the most efficient striking or wrestling and it relies on submissions too much which is useless if you are being attacked by more then one person. Now the best styles that dominate in MMA are kickboxing on the feet, greco roman wrestling in the clinch, and ju-jitsu on the ground. Bruce Lee did not know as much about fighting as the fighters of today so therefore he would be dominated by the fighters of today who actually know for sure what is the most efficient thing to do in every situation.
    Anyways, there was a fighter in the UFC that practiced Bruces style (Jeet Kune Do, I think its called) and he got whooped. Sure he probably wasn't as good as Bruce but it showed that Bruce's theorys on fighting were inacurate.

Oh and by the way, Tito Ortiz is half ass? News to me. I thought having one of the ten best records in the world including a win over the current #1 ranked fighter (Wanderlei Silva) was a good thing. And also, Tito would own Royce.
    And another thing, it would be better if you asked "who would win, Bruce Lee or Helio Gracie" since they were both in there prime around the same time. And to all those who thought that Bruce Lee was amazing should look into stories about Helio Gracie or Kimura both of which would of crushed Bruce Lee in my opinion.

may0r420 is offline Junior Member
    thats a joke LOL...Me Being a martial artist for 6 years i think Royce would not even be able to touch Bruce..

Bottom Line Bruce was a Kung Fu master comparing him to some petty wrestler is insulting i don't think u guys can comphrehend the power this guy possesed

Maybe if Royce mastered the grappling style of the Shaolin Eagle Claw he would then be a worthy component ..this style consist of 108 sets of bone crushing locks that can be executed standing or laying with a iron grip that will only grab u in a pressure point..also tumbling, striking, and full leg system..

Royce is just not a complete fighter.

Ju-jitsu, karate, all those styles all came from the basics of shaolin kung fu
    Most people nowadays do not understand real kung fu. Especially coming from a "Highly Western Perspective"

THErealAK47 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by may0r420
    thats a joke LOL...Me Being a martial artist for 6 years i think Royce would not even be able to touch Bruce..

Bottom Line Bruce was a Kung Fu master comparing him to some petty wrestler is insulting i don't think u guys can comphrehend the power this guy possesed

Maybe if Royce mastered the grappling style of the Shaolin Eagle Claw he would then be a worthy component ..this style consist of 108 sets of bone crushing locks that can be executed standing or laying with a iron grip that will only grab u in a pressure point..also tumbling, striking, and full leg system..

Royce is just not a complete fighter.

Ju-jitsu, karate, all those styles all came from the basics of shaolin kung fu
    Most people nowadays do not understand real kung fu. Especially coming from a "Highly Western Perspective"
    HA HA HA! Shaolin Eagle Claw! HA HA HA!
    Being in MA for 6 years obviously hasn't helped your knowledge. These styles you talk of are all theory. Competition was looked down upon. Now that fighting has become a ligit sport, we actually know what is the best methods of how to handle an opponent regardless of what there strengths are. Now that these theories have been practiced in combat we know what actually works. Also we know that pressure points do not work when the adren****e is pumping and bone breaking by pressing on pressure points is rediculous. Really, if there was such a thing as being able to break bones by pressure points, how would you practice such a thing? By breaking your training partners bones? I think not. Proof that the BS you talk of is just theory.
    And oh ya, ju-jitsu came from judo.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    actually judo came from juijitsu, brazillian juijitsu came from judo

doesnt anyone think, that bruce lee would have evolved the principles of bjj into his game by now anyways had he been alive...wasnt that part of his philosphy on JKD?

Royce is not invicible. Ive personally met someone that has beaten him before.

TLO
    TLO is offline New Member
    Kimbo!

Pro wrestling is where its at, can we close this tread now please and i do appologies to everyone for starting it.

Gracie fighter is offline New Member
    LMAO at this thread.

BRUCE LEE was an ACTOR. He NEVER fought against ANY top fighter in ANY style match, much less NHB. Royce Gracie to this Day is still a top fighter . this cannot be disputed after his beat down of the very tough Hidekeo Yoshida. Bruce lee is the biggest myth in the martial arts.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie fighter
    LMAO at this thread.
    Double that for me
    BRUCE was a STREET FIGHTEr with some decent hurting if people of today dont think people back then and early 80s didnt try to break necks or snap legs on you.

Opinion only stand up the best striker is going to win, on the ground who ever isnt half dead before the street meets the face.

Are these match fair fights, anything goes, or straight up backstreet brawling id definatly try to maim a few bodyparts or sucker punch as much as possible if i knew getting hit was bad or a take down was even worse pound for pound.

Dont forget Lees iron stance Ox stance what ever, its pretty much as good as anything anyone standing still with enough strenth could pull.
    Last edited by dingobite; 07-15-2005 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite
    Double that for me
    BRUCE was a STREET FIGHTEr with some decent hurting if people of today dont think people back then and early 80s didnt try to break necks or snap legs on you.

Opinion only stand up the best striker is going to win, on the ground who ever isnt half dead before the street meets the face.

Are these match fair fights, anything goes, or straight up backstreet brawling id definatly try to maim a few bodyparts or sucker punch as much as possible if i knew getting hit was bad or a take down was even worse pound for pound.

Dont forget Lees iron stance Ox stance what ever, its pretty much as good as anything anyone standing still with enough strenth could pull.
    i dont have any earthly idea what this means.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Bruce would be in an armbar within 10sec

thunder20 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    actually judo came from juijitsu, brazillian juijitsu came from judo

doesnt anyone think, that bruce lee would have evolved the principles of bjj into his game by now anyways had he been alive...wasnt that part of his philosphy on JKD?

Royce is not invicible. Ive personally met someone that has beaten him before.

Who sakuraba?

Royce has only lost to Sakuraba, so if you didnt meet Sak, you met a liar

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie fighter
    Royce has only lost to Sakuraba, so if you didnt meet Sak, you met a liar
    u got that right. royces record is posted on sherdog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information