Thread: Tyson Spoiler

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member

Tyson Spoiler

Tyson was TKO in the 6th round ............................ a good play by play is in the other tyson thread....

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    At least he retired with class.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    How do you figure? He head butt his opponent and tried to do an arm bar to him in his final fight, and thats after his previous ear biting and other flagrant fouls in other fights. He could have retired with class after he lost to Lennox Lewis, too bad he didn't.

Ranger5 is offline Junior Member
    Tyson smoked by a white guy. Never thought that would happen!!!

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    yeah, but the white guy did have a 45 pound advantage. he also has a longer reach. tyson even commented that he knew he wouldn't win, and that he was just doing it to pay off some bills. Good on him for still doing what he does best. I watched the fight. It was good.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Tyson was undoubtedly the man what happened to him over the years i dont know but it sucks and i actually feel bad for the guy and wouldnt be suprised if he ended up killing himself

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    especially because of all that debt, he got to keep about 250k of all the money he got for the fight, all the rest went to the irs.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    He says he doesnt care wether or not he lives or dies he has nothing to live for its really sad

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    sad but I thought his crying going into the 4th rd. was pretty funny... pound for pound I think he was the best boxer ever...

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    He shoud get back into wrestling LOL and form DX again he was kinda good doing is DX signs all the time.

WHat the hell get him in UFC

GridIronDevil is offline Associate Member
    i always liked him cause hesa badass mother ****er that dont care wut other people think...but thats just me.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    My heart goes out to tyson... with out a dout he is the best heavy wieght i have ever seen and possibly will ever see in my generation.

All the best to iron mike

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    ... pound for pound I think he was the best boxer ever...
    Tyson was not a good boxer, he was a brawler and a very good one at that. Don King did a fantastic job at avoiding real threats to iron Mike's career. They didnt do their homework on Buster Douglas (great jab, long reach, not intimidated by Mike) and he was exposed. Evander showed us how well Mike could actually box.

He was probably the most exciting to watch for a time, but a great boxer...no!

Here's some that could be considered "the best ever"

Ali
    Rocky Marciano
    Ray Leonard
    Marvin Hagler
    DeLahoya
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Bernard Hopkins
    Thomas Hearns

and a few more I'm sure to remember...

Quote Originally Posted by 511220
    Tyson was not a good boxer, he was a brawler and a very good one at that. Don King did a fantastic job at avoiding real threats to iron Mike's career. They didnt do their homework on Buster Douglas (great jab, long reach, not intimidated by Mike) and he was exposed. Evander showed us how well Mike could actually box.

Ali
    Rocky Marciano
    Ray Leonard
    Marvin Hagler
    DeLahoya
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Bernard Hopkins
    Thomas Hearns

Ounce your in that ring you are a boxer no matter what style you have weather your brawler-ackward-technical whatever...your in there to iether win by points or to knock the opponent out and mike tyson knocked out 44 of his 58 pro fights all his losses come after he was going through court...look at his stats he was one mean mother ****er and he has it no longer so give the man a break.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000474

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Ounce your in that ring you are a boxer no matter what style you have weather your brawler-ackward-technical whatever...your in there to iether win by points or to knock the opponent out and mike tyson knocked out 44 of his 58 pro fights all his losses come after he was going through court...look at his stats he was one mean mother ****er and he has it no longer so give the man a break.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000474
    I'm not trying to down him, I love Mike. He's great for the sport and I enjoyed watching him. I was just making a point of pound for pound boxers.

Look at his record and tell me which of those fighters he beat were great. Holmes? Spinks?

If you are a true study of the squared circle and know your history, imagine for a moment Tyson in his prime staring across the ring at, in their prime;

Smokin Joe Frazier- 32 wins, 4 losses, 1 draw, 27 KO
    Ray Robinson- 179 wins, 19 losses, 6 draws, 2 no contests, 109 KO
    Joe Louis- Won 68 Lost 3, 54 KO
    George Foreman- Won 76 lost 5, 68 KO (first round KO anyone?)
    Archie Moore- 181 wins, 24 losses, 9 draws and 1 no contest, 145 KO
    Ali- Won 56 Lost 5, 37 KO
    Rocky Marciano- Won 49 Lost 0, 43 KO

Puts greatness in perspective for me...

phwSSJ is offline Banned

You are kidding right???

We didnt even get to see him in his prime. Cuz he was in jail.

Before he went to jail..nobody could touch him! Tyson fked everyone up.

Sh1t, the man was a pro boxer when he was in highschool.

Tyson is one of the greatest of all time.

511220..you are talking out ya ass boy!

and your list is way off!

Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ

You are kidding right???

So who was everyone? Give me a great name of one he defeated. I'm talking out my ass? Your perpective on heavyweight greatness or boxing for that matter seems to have you talking out yo ass son!

My list is way off of what?

Every body has a different view on what type of boxer they like..

My father is 53 and he says roberto duran is pound for pound the best boxer ever but that was in his day

http://www.latinosportslegends.com/s...ing_record.htm

And alot of people say Ali but why Ali 56 / 5 / 37 KO'S when tyson has 58 / 6 / with 44 Ko's thats alot of Ko's they both have simular stats but the boxing was different back in those days fighting 16 rounds damn thats alot of boxing but with technology these days do you think Ali from back then would touch the likes of lennox lewis'holyfield and even klitchko because in my eyes the future and technology is the winner every time.

In my opinion Pound for pound best in overall wieghts would have to be barrera - But thats just my opinion

Every body has a different view on what type of boxer they like..

My father is 53 and he says roberto duran is pound for pound the best boxer ever but that was in his day

http://www.latinosportslegends.com/s...ing_record.htm

And alot of people say Ali but why Ali 56 / 5 / 37 KO'S when tyson has 58 / 6 / with 44 Ko's thats alot of Ko's they both have simular stats but the boxing was different back in those days fighting 16 rounds damn thats alot of boxing but with technology these days do you think Ali from back then would touch the likes of lennox lewis'holyfield and even klitchko because in my eyes the future and technology is the winner every time.

In my opinion Pound for pound best in overall wieghts would have to be barrera - But thats just my opinion
    Ali fought greats...Tyson did not. Although you seem to be objective about Tyson and his legacy, I believe you know the truth abut how "great" he really was.

You and your father's opinions I respect, because Berrera is one bad dude and "hands of stone"...you certainly could argue as the best, as he fought the best.

BT, what does your father think about Tyson and how he stacks up?

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    ok really, who could ever question Mike Tyson as a boxer? as an Olympian? Are you kidding me? The guy always had disadvantages and always put an @ss whooping... do you guys remember or are you judging based on his last fights?!?

mr keef is offline New Member
    Ali fought greats...Tyson did not. Although you seem to be objective about Tyson and his legacy, I believe you know the truth abut how "great" he really was.

You and your father's opinions I respect, because Berrera is one bad dude and "hands of stone"...you certainly could argue as the best, as he fought the best.

BT, what does your father think about Tyson and how he stacks up?

They wer'nt greats at the time though,tyson never avoided anyone,he put down anyone who stood infront of him,i honestly think he will be remembered for a long time to come like ali,you ask most boxers who they looked up to,and its always ali and tyson.Boxing greats as you put it,only become great when everyone looks back at there career and thinks yea he was some boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mr keef
    They wer'nt greats at the time though,tyson never avoided anyone,he put down anyone who stood infront of him,i honestly think he will be remembered for a long time to come like ali,you ask most boxers who they looked up to,and its always ali and tyson.Boxing greats as you put it,only become great when everyone looks back at there career and thinks yea he was some boy.
    Well said...Tyson is without a dout an outstanding controbution to heavy wieght boxing.

I was at that fight and tyson whipped mcbrides' ass unitll he quit, which pissed me off. I have always been a big tyson fan but now I will admit his boxing days are over and he is washed up, those of you who seen the fight know he looked like the old tyson. An as far as the arm bar, mcbride was laying on him the whole fight and wouldn'e let him go, wouldn't you try to snack that r****ers arm too!!!! But the best thing about the fight was seeing Ali's daughter she is a badd ass, imagine getting maried to her, well honey what time did you say you wanted the house cleaned?LOL

Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    I was at that fight and tyson whipped mcbrides' ass unitll he quit, which pissed me off. I have always been a big tyson fan but now I will admit his boxing days are over and he is washed up, those of you who seen the fight know he looked like the old tyson. An as far as the arm bar, mcbride was laying on him the whole fight and wouldn'e let him go, wouldn't you try to snack that r****ers arm too!!!! But the best thing about the fight was seeing Ali's daughter she is a badd ass, imagine getting maried to her, well honey what time did you say you wanted the house cleaned?LOL
    Hmm house cleaned be ****ed lol...But theres one thing she cant say like her old man { Im so Pretty } Lmao

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    How do you figure? He head butt his opponent and tried to do an arm bar to him in his final fight, and thats after his previous ear biting and other flagrant fouls in other fights. He could have retired with class after he lost to Lennox Lewis, too bad he didn't.
    tell him that to his face

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger5
    Tyson smoked by a white guy. Never thought that would happen!!!
    Hey,..it took 20 years to happen,..besides,m..Tyson Kicked his azz for all 6 rounds,...he just quit because he didnt want to go on,..what does that ell you?.it tells me,..hes not interested in the belt, winning,..or his place in history (for the most part)...he was there like a large praportion of boxers,.to make his money and go home...

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    He says he doesnt care wether or not he lives or dies he has nothing to live for its really sad
    theres alot of guys from the same streets as hiself that feel the same way,..this is a promblem many have in society ( the ghetto)...there are thousands of mike Tysons walking around..(not with his boxing skillz) but with his persona!!!

My heart goes out to tyson... with out a dout he is the best heavy wieght i have ever seen and possibly will ever see in my generation.

All the best to iron mike
    I agree with you 110%..........

Dogg,..you wouldnty know boxing if Mike Tyson hit you himself,..hop onto another thread,.you just ignorant

Ali
    Rocky Marciano
    Ray Leonard
    Marvin Hagler
    DeLahoya
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Bernard Hopkins
    Thomas Hearns

you tellum bro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are kidding right???

511220..you are talking out ya ass

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    Dogg,..you wouldnty know boxing if Mike Tyson hit you himself,..hop onto another thread,.you just ignorant
    I dont know boxing? You scoff at Rocky Marciano being named best p4p and celebrate Tyson as a one of the best. And I'm ignorant to the game? Ok...

Well maybe you can answer the question here knowbody has the answer to...

GIVE ME THE NAME(S) OF GREAT FIGHTERS TYSON HAS BEAT?

And to those who say he didnt avoid fighters. Tyson personally would have fought anyone, but King sidelined many who would of given Mike trouble. Hell even an over 40 George Foreman called him out saying "he's a boy and I'm a man, I'll show him how men fight...that would of generated an excellent PPV revenue. But since George cleaned out all of the bums in the division at that time just like Mike...they wanted no piece of Foreman and I dont blame them.

if you truly followed boxing, you would know that every top heavy weight, Lennox, Riddick Bowe, Holyfield...( as long as he could but finally had no choice but to fight him),.they all avoided and ducked Mike until after he got out of prison. Mike repeatedly called all of them but the refused to fight him. Personally,..no joke..I would have faught Mike after he got out the joint for a couple hundred grand let alone millions! You take a man out of a sport like boxing for 4 1.2 years,..he doesnt return the same,.I dont care who he is.. He fought 3 fights and then went for Holyfield...if you remember,..Ali was stripped for 3 1/2 years from boxing, returned,..fought three fights and went for the belt again Frazier,..loosing the same as Tyson did..we all know Ali came back to beat Frasier twice after that,..I feel Mike was beating Holyfield until he bit the mans ear off!!!.......
    I never said Rocky wasnt a good fighter but lets be foreal,..best p4p,..not even close..he would have got wiped all over the ring by todays fighters

I dont know boxing? You scoff at Rocky Marciano being named best p4p and celebrate Tyson as a one of the best. And I'm ignorant to the game? Ok...

Well maybe you can answer the question here knowbody has the answer to...

GIVE ME THE NAME(S) OF GREAT FIGHTERS TYSON HAS BEAT?

And to those who say he didnt avoid fighters. Tyson personally would have fought anyone, but King sidelined many who would of given Mike trouble. Hell even an over 40 George Foreman called him out saying "he's a boy and I'm a man, I'll show him how men fight...that would of generated an excellent PPV revenue. But since George cleaned out all of the bums in the division at that time just like Mike...they wanted no piece of Foreman and I dont blame them.

if you truly followed boxing, you would know that every top heavy weight, Lennox, Riddick Bowe, Holyfield...( as long as he could but finally had no choice but to fight him),.they all avoided and ducked Mike until after he got out of prison. Mike repeatedly called all of them but the refused to fight him. Personally,..no joke..I would have faught Mike after he got out the joint for a couple hundred grand let alone millions! You take a man out of a sport like boxing for 4 1.2 years,..he doesnt return the same,.I dont care who he is.. He fought 3 fights and then went for Holyfield...if you remember,..Ali was stripped for 3 1/2 years from boxing, returned,..fought three fights and went for the belt again Frazier,..loosing the same as Tyson did..we all know Ali came back to beat Frasier twice after that,..I feel Mike was beating Holyfield until he bit the mans ear off!!!.......
    I never said Rocky wasnt a good fighter but lets be foreal,..best p4p,..not even close..he would have got wiped all over the ring by todays fighters
    Exactly what i said up above although a boxer is great in that generation it doeant mean the boxer would handle a boxer from this generation..because im a ferm believer in the future and technology.

If a boxer back then ran for 8 miles a day for a championchip fight...today they would run 10 - 15 miles because now we have alot to fall back on...supplements ' phisios ' great cutsmen and so on our technology is so far advanced i truly think it would be impossible to rate the boxing back in the 70's as good as the boxing today. Especialy comparing tyson to the likes of Ali

SaTyR is offline Member

You are kidding right???

1 He never went to high school...
    2 Douglas got him before he went to prison.
    3 He also lost 2 times from willson. (before prison)

Tyson was a great boxer, and should have quitted after the lewis fight.
    Do your homework.
    Last edited by SaTyR; 06-19-2005 at 11:20 AM.

Wilson,.WTF,..who are you talking about. Anyway...so he lost to Douglas,.whatever..the man isnt GOD!..Technically when he knocked douglas down,..he was on the canvas for almost 12 seconds!. Tyson threw a house party the night before and only trained for 2 weeks,..yes..excuses, excuses! He made the decision to not train and drink alcohol the night before but at what..25 years old and running with Don King.....who wouldnt have F@ked up a few times!!Tysons one of the greatest! 2nd or 3rd in my book..OF ALL TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by SaTyR

Do your homework.

Wilson,.WTF,..who are you talking about. Anyway...so he lost to Douglas,.whatever..the man isnt GOD!..Technically when he knocked douglas down,..he was on the canvas for almost 12 seconds!. Tyson threw a house party the night before and only trained for 2 weeks,..yes..excuses, excuses! He made the decision to not train and drink alcohol the night before but at what..25 years old and running with Don King.....who wouldnt have F@ked up a few times!!Tysons one of the greatest! 2nd or 3rd in my book..OF ALL TIME!
    Cuttup, your moving in the right direction now anyway...

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaTyR

Do your homework.

actually Tyson DID go to highschool but I think he never finished.
    Do your homework before you talk smack!

And just because he was beaten a few times doesnt mean sh1t. What are you trying to say ???

I also said that he hadnt reached his prime before he went to prison. So why you keep mentioning the guys who beat him "before" he went to prison is beyond me... that is if you are trying to make an argument.

Everone else needs to remember that the comissions have Tyson on all kinds of drugs. That stuff has definitly taken its toll on the man IMO.

satyr...dont fkn tell me to do my homework when you cant even make sense of what you say.

SaTyR is offline Member
    actually Tyson DID go to highschool but I think he never finished.
    Do your homework before you talk smack!

And just because he was beaten a few times doesnt mean sh1t. What are you trying to say ???

I also said that he hadnt reached his prime before he went to prison. So why you keep mentioning the guys who beat him "before" he went to prison is beyond me... that is if you are trying to make an argument.

Everone else needs to remember that the comissions have Tyson on all kinds of drugs. That stuff has definitly taken its toll on the man IMO.

satyr...dont fkn tell me to do my homework when you cant even make sense of what you say.
    temper temper.

SaTyR is offline Member

Bro,

Tyson lost to wilson in 84 as an amateur for the olympic's. Im just saying this because that other bro on the forum sayed tyson never lost before he went to prison. He did 2 times to wilson.

Just chill there is nothing to get excited about.

Thread Information