Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Box This* is offline Associate Member

Pound for Pound £ -

Ok thers alot of people going on about pound for pound best boxer ever so heres your chance to make it pound for pound boxer of anabolic review*

All you have to do is state the boxer and then we should add up the boxers this day in 2 weeks and see who comes out on top.

So here Goes ill start it off.

Marco Antonio Barrera

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Bernard Hopkins

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i know he is not a pro but i would have to say amir khan

GridIronDevil is offline Associate Member
    Roy Jones Jr.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronDevil
    Roy Jones Jr.
    LMAO dude lost his last 2 fights. He's not even the best in his weight class, let alone the best pound for pound fighter ever....

ross3814 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    LMAO dude lost his last 2 fights. He's not even the best in his weight class, let alone the best pound for pound fighter ever....
    he's also like 35 years old and has championship belts in like 4 weight classes.. you can't judge him on his last 2 fights, that would be like judging Ali based on the last fights of his career..

511220 is offline Associate Member
    RJJ..great fighter no doubt, but he dodged a lot of threats too. So he wouldnt make the top 5 IMO. It's tough to pick one boxer pound for pound, but looking at who they have fought first, along with individual accomplishment...

Oscar DeLahoya

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    he's also like 35 years old and has championship belts in like 4 weight classes.. you can't judge him on his last 2 fights, that would be like judging Ali based on the last fights of his career..
    He also make excuses for not fighting the best contenders in his weight classes...

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    He also make excuses for not fighting the best contenders in his weight classes...

From amateur to professional all fighters and their managers do that. Everyone wants the easy pay day, and no one can blaim them. I only fight at amateur level but when I'm coming to a final I'm hoping the strongest opposition have been knocked out in the eliminations. I can't say who I think has been the best pound for pound fighter but I loved to watch Hearns, Haglar, Duran & Leonard.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    rocky marciano

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    iron mike

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    From amateur to professional all fighters and their managers do that. Everyone wants the easy pay day, and no one can blaim them. I only fight at amateur level but when I'm coming to a final I'm hoping the strongest opposition have been knocked out in the eliminations. I can't say who I think has been the best pound for pound fighter but I loved to watch Hearns, Haglar, Duran & Leonard.
    great point. in the biz we call it grooming a fighter. not ducking anyone but making sure they have the proper opponent until they can get a decent payday. i also will say roy jones best lb 4 lb. i saw him do things in the gym that i swore were parlor tricks. saw him hit the double end bag for 9 mins without breaking stride once. sick. anyway i dont think he ever ducked anyone. it wasnt his falt he beat everyone so convincingly. when he turned heavyweight, of course he hand picked a guy he could beat, thats just common sense, he's not a heavyweight. when he lost his last two, the wheels just came off, it happens that fast, believe me. once the chin goes its over, period. happened to ali, tyson, moorer, sugar shane, countless others.

Come on guys people are entitled to there opinion so let them pick wich boxer they class best pound for pound.

****in A i just voiced my opinion, all i said was that my choice would be RJJ i like the way he fights, and i like his attitude sorry if it affended anyone . lmao

alphaman is offline Member
    Roy Jones Jr.
    Eversince he lost all that lean mass, he hasn't been the same, but he's definitley up there.

Of all-time is tough to say, but as for currently best pound for pound, I'm gonna say Winky Right.

****in A i just voiced my opinion, all i said was that my choice would be RJJ i like the way he fights, and i like his attitude sorry if it affended anyone . lmao

And as for RJ's attitude, it sux, IMO. The interviews after his fights progressively sounded more and more like a WWF wrestler or something. The only thing I DIDN'T like about him.

yeah i hear you on his attitude, but ive always een the type of guy to talk shit even if i get my ass handed to me, kind of a you cant break me attitude i guess but yeah winky right is a good contender in my eyes

Every boxer has his own way before going into the ring and out but it makes people talk as you can see lol..if there wasnt boxing rivalry...come on boxing wouldnt be there with one of the best sports around or even the best sport ide say...just my opinion just incase some one wants to beat me up on the internet :P lol

Look at the Ali tapes Omfg he had one of the worst attitudes you would ever come across..imagine fighting him for 12 rounds and all hes saying is im the greatest..im so pretty lol ide have to knee him in the chops and say NOW SHHH

You guys remember a few years back RJJ was fighting I think an Australian Champion (journeyman) and Roy came out of the floor of a stage with 4-5 hot women and he rapped live about what he was going to do to this guy...

Entertaining as shit...

I like Roy, smart mofo too, but the best...NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I'm gonna say Winky Right.
    Good call, no flash, just steady winning round after round with very solid skills...Much like Hopkins.

Maybe we'll see these two do at it...Hopkins at 40 though, can he still bring it?

I want to see hopkins move up the wieght and fight calzache its a fight that would bring alot to the public.

As some of you might know i live in wales and train a gym that goes to enzo calzaches gym for a good spa session.

So ill let you in to a story around 4 years ago frank warren tried desperately to make a fight between joe and roy jones but roy joneses promoter kept putting off a fight between them no matter how much money was involved and this went on for around a year or so then frank warren gave up for around 6 months then tried to set up the fight again and then roy joneses promoted annouced he was going to move up a wieght to light heavy wich he did and calzache was so pissed off he said he would move up to light heavy and still fight him with no belts on the line as obviously moving up a wieght calzache would lose his belt but roy jones said he will never fight calzache so stop asking...does that sound like a pound for pound boxer to you ?

Look at that for a record...ok theres not alot of big names there because they have all avoided him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/1292768.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Look at that for a record...ok theres not alot of big names there because they have all avoided him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/1292768.stm
    You know what your talking about BT, like father like son...but you never answered my question about how your father felt about Tyson's "greatness"?

Look at the Ali tapes Omfg he had one of the worst attitudes you would ever come across..imagine fighting him for 12 rounds and all hes saying is im the greatest..im so pretty lol ide have to knee him in the chops and say NOW SHHH

At least he was funny!

I want to see hopkins move up the wieght and fight calzache its a fight that would bring alot to the public.

As some of you might know i live in wales and train a gym that goes to enzo calzaches gym for a good spa session.

So ill let you in to a story around 4 years ago frank warren tried desperately to make a fight between joe and roy jones but roy joneses promoter kept putting off a fight between them no matter how much money was involved and this went on for around a year or so then frank warren gave up for around 6 months then tried to set up the fight again and then roy joneses promoted annouced he was going to move up a wieght to light heavy wich he did and calzache was so pissed off he said he would move up to light heavy and still fight him with no belts on the line as obviously moving up a wieght calzache would lose his belt but roy jones said he will never fight calzache so stop asking...does that sound like a pound for pound boxer to you ?

Doesn't suprise me at all. Jones was notorious for fighting nothing but chumps.

Quote Originally Posted by 511220
    You know what your talking about BT, like father like son...but you never answered my question about how your father felt about Tyson's "greatness"?

My father loved tyson as a boxer but not for what he become

icedudez is offline Member
    prince naseem hamed¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! before he crashed his merc SLR head on then bolted,lol

Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    prince naseem hamed¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! before he crashed his merc SLR head on then bolted,lol
    Lol i new somone would have to say him..hes good but he got beat by the best.

End of chat

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Gotta be Calzaghe, Marciano, champions that have never lost a bout, so clearly they had complete dominance. As for up and coming guys, Ricky Hatton, hes unbeaten so far, and is now a belt holder, and I can't c him losin any fights anytime soon.

mr keef is offline New Member
    holyfeild had some real wars,he fought the best and won the best,also got beat off the best,he wasnt the biggest heavyweight in the world but pound for pound he's up there.

MIKE TYSON.....also, I hate the phrase: pound for pound. WHo cares if you weigh 145 pounds and you can beat up guys that are 145 pounds.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    From amateur to professional all fighters and their managers do that. Everyone wants the easy pay day, and no one can blaim them.
    Hopkins doesn't do that. Hopkin's calls out the top contenders...

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    rocky marciano
    put the crack pipe down bro

this question probably can never really be answered,..my closets judgement
    would be Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson, and Roy Jones Junior,..then again..you cant forget about guys like Suar Ray Robinson (in his prime),..and my present AVATAR..the new stallion...MIGUEL COTO. He definately ranks among best pound for pound today!!!!

nsa
    I would bet on bernard hopkins in a fight against roy jones anyday, but roy probably would have ducked a fight with him anyways...

I would bet on bernard hopkins in a fight against roy jones anyday, but roy probably would have ducked a fight with him anyways...
    FYI, they have already fought ..Roy beat him.

nsa
    Before Hopkins was at his best and it went to a decision. BTW, that fight was in 93 over 10 years ago. It wouldn't even be close now, but Roy isn't at his best now.

Before Hopkins was at his best and it went to a decision. BTW, that fight was in 93 over 10 years ago. It wouldn't even be close now, but Roy isn't at his best now.
    Im a huge, HUGE Bernard Hopkins fan,..but I totally disagree. Roy lost to Tarver in the 2nd fight but won the 1st. 2nd thinig is Tarver walks around at 215 lbs before his fights,.he is a heavy weight who barely makes it in as a light heavy weight,..my opnion when he knocked Roy out is ,..Roy basically got hit dead on by a Heavy weighter! As far as Glen Johnson,.the man plain out worked hard,.out muscled Roy and caught him with a awesome right hand,..I feel Roy still had alot of demons with him from his 1st lost against Tarver and wasnt mentaly ready for the fight with Johnson,...I truly dont think Bernard has the Power to out muscle Roy nor Knock him out,..not to mention Roy is twice as fast.
    Last edited by Cuttup; 06-17-2005 at 02:28 PM.

nsa
    Doesn't really matter, its doubtful that they'll ever fight eachother again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information