yannick32 is offline Associate Member

Wink Training that would get the body has hard has a rock

Anyone has good training advise for weight training that would get the muscles has hard has a rock and would improve kicking power and punching power, but no mass gains.

My legs grow real fast and i hate it when they are to big.

I am currently training again and added the super sets since i cant do cardio cause of lower back pain.

ojsmoothy is offline Junior Member
    Check out a book by Matt Furey called "Combat Conditioning", it's bodyweight exercises that will increase endurance and strength without bulking, or just PM me and I will either scan the page for ya, or paraphrase it, it's pretty simple once you get into the groove. The "Pistol' squat is the hardest.

Thank you very much ojsmoothy, but i still need to weight train to get the back in gear and remove the pain, and of course posture rehab exercices.

I asked the question on the workout forum and i would very much like to try supersets, sine i cant do to much cardio right now and my plan is to lose weight.

ojsmoothy is offline Junior Member
    Let me know if you want more info on the exercises in that book, in all honesty these exercises helped me get over a football injury and I can deadlift again. They are great for the back, and maintaining muscle while cutting.

ojsmoothy that would be a great idea to post them, and so many people here could benefit from them too.

Thank you very much

You would probably need to do plyometrics for an increase in strking power.

You hate it when your legs get too big...how big are you talking

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Mine stick togheter and i hate that damn feeling. Say 26 inches

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I study traditional wing chun kung fu and I have heard my sifu talk of his master, keith mazza, how practiced a tradition know as iron shirt (you may have heard of iron palm). I am not familiar with it, but my sifu tells me stories of his sifu taking staff beatings and not flinching, but I have not seen. Here is a link that mentions it.

http://www.shouyuliang.com/newsletter/v3n1/v3n1a5.shtml

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Qigong is quit amazing thanks for the link BeerBaron. I add read about this in a magazin but never quit went farther to find out what it was all about.

jax larue is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    You would probably need to do plyometrics for an increase in strking power.

You hate it when your legs get too big...how big are you talking
    well the olympic lift known as the Clean and jerk can do the same thing,and you don't have all that incresaed weight coming down on on your joins like you do with plyometics

Quote Originally Posted by jax larue
    well the olympic lift known as the Clean and jerk can do the same thing,and you don't have all that incresaed weight coming down on on your joins like you do with plyometics
    Wrong.

You may think that cleans will do the same as plyos will, but they will not. Cleans would work well for him...and maybe, like you say, they would be a better option.

However, cleans could not replace upper body plyometrics....did not think about upper body plyos...did ya.

Gettin Big is offline Associate Member
    even for lower body, nothin matches plyos, they build explosiveness, power, speed and endurance...clean and jerks are good but imho not as good as plyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin Big
    even for lower body, nothin matches plyos, they build explosiveness, power, speed and endurance...clean and jerks are good but imho not as good as plyos.
    They are both great.

Cleans and plyos work well together because they train the body in different ways.

I think jax larue does not realize that cleans cannot replace plyos because plyos train the body in an entirely different way than cleans.

So, to say that "cleans will do the same thing" is wrong.

However, I believe that yannick has back problems???? if so, he should not be doing either cleans or plyos (certain high impact lower plyos)....it is hard to say because I do not know the extent of his injury. There are certain plyometric routines that he could do...Yannick, give me more details if you are still looking for a routine and I will help if I can...strenght training for sports is my strongest subject.

jax larue is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Wrong.

You may think that cleans will do the same as plyos will, but they will not. Cleans would work well for him...and maybe, like you say, they would be a better option.

However, cleans could not replace upper body plyometrics....did not think about upper body plyos...did ya.

Ididn't say cleans I said CLEAN AND JERK,that is the olympiclift i said builds up speed and it does help build up punching power,it trains the muscles to workin a group in delevering powerf rom the legs up.

Thread Information